Thanked 34,236 Times in 17,215 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    BTW, GD,

this kind of game you guys have been playing.

You will not admit that your faith is so fake.

You have no respect for Jesus' teachings.

I have never seen Mad's kind of faith anywhere.

Do you attend church?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Never mind GD.

I am not interested in talking to you.

You can claim victory.

good day.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.
    That means Christ cleans us by faith in his blood and no more by the law with the purification works the people had to do on their own to make themselves clean.

If Jesus did not abolish the law we do not have a Gospel,
    Jesus did not abolish the law he fulfilled it.

That means that all the law and prophets were about Jesus and he came and fulfilled it.

Everything that the scriptures said about him were done as scriptures stated.

Now no one is cleaned by doing the purification works anymore, they are worthless now because Jesus cleans us.

nor do we have salvation. If Jesus did not abolish the law for us, in the judgment we will be condemned. Our only hope is to stand before God "In Christ" and to be found perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If we are still under the law there is no hope that will happen.
    Faith that Jesus' blood cleans us, is what cleans us from the sins we repent of doing.
    His blood makes us clean and he lives in us and that is how we are reconciled to God.

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law for us, then abolished it. This is what the Bible teaches.
    Jesus fulfilled it and did not abolish it.
    Instead of you getting circumcised in the flesh and doing various external washings and going to the priest for animals to sacrifice---Jesus is our High Priest, the Lamb, and he makes us the temple.
    "Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, EVEN THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in the ordinances: for to make in himself one new man, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15.
    Now no one has to do the purification works anymore to belong to God. Now Jesus cleans us and that DOES NOT MEAN WE NO LONGER have to obey anything anymore; it does mean that getting circumcised in the flesh is now worthless for Jew and Gentile, along with all the other purification works.

There cannot be any peace if the law has not been abolished. There can only be judgment and condemnation. Where there is law there is judgment. If we stand before the law in the judgment we will be condemned.
    You are condemned if you don't repent of your sins.

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us and took it out of the way nailing it to his cross" Colossians 2:14.
    God did not nail obeying Him to the cross.

That is beyond ignorant.

No one has to obey God anymore, really?

Who but the devil would be behind that?

These two scriptures plainly tell us that the law has been abolished for the Christian. The unbelievers are still under the law and will be judged by it and condemned.
    What? Unbelievers are under the law? Show me that from scripture.

There cannot be a Gospel, nor can we be justified by faith if the law has not been abolished.

Those that oppose this teaching are usually very religious. They like to think that they are capable of obeying the law and pleasing God. Paul plainly said,

"By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

One of the purposes of the law is to judge and condemn. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the law justifies, nor does it say that the law will make you righteous. The law is not our friend. Thank God that it has been abolished.
    Obeying God made one righteous, no matter what God said to do.

The law is good because it reveals the nature and the character of God. He is HOLY, Holy, Holy beyond human comprehension. The law was our schoolmaster that led us to Christ, Galatians 3:24,25. When we saw how holy God was, we ran to Jesus to be saved.
    That is not what happens.

Give the scriptures that say that.

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    As opposed to those in the body of Christ.
    Those are who He instructed to follow Him...after picking up their cross...

So their fruit is looking more like Him/His than the world’s who hates them...hence the cross...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Those are who He instructed to follow Him...after picking up their cross...
    No, those in the body of Christ are saved by grace through faith....not by our "picking up anything"....not by our doing any cross carrying, but by our trusting in Christ's death on the Cross and His resurrection.

So their fruit looking more like Him than the worlds who hates them...hence the cross...
    Those in the body of Christ have the Fruit of the Spirit.....not their own "fruit" or works of righteousness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

steko (February 4th, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, those in the body of Christ are saved by grace through faith....not by our "picking up anything"....not by our doing any cross carrying, but by our trusting in Christ's death on the Cross and His resurrection.
    this again? LOL what is it with your types...maybe I am typing too fast

He doesnt ask us to follow us in order to BE saved...or to pick up our cross to EARN salvation you sill stiffnecked sister...He asks us to knowing we realize what He did for us in picking up His cross...and in gratitude wish to show Him...and in Mercy and GRACE He gives us something to show Him...something specific and concrete...something that really says THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID...guess what that something He gives us to do is? FOLLOW HIM...and by picking up our cross JUST AS HE DID...for He knows our gratitude has us REJECT the world our former selves...to kill it...and become slaves to HIM ALONE...He sees His yoke on us and that we are ready to be even killed as He was to do His Father’s work to keep His will His commandments and so to abide in His love...until the end when “Behold I come quickly MY REWARD is with me to give to each according to His works”...now tell me my stiffnecked sis...dont you want to be broken to receive your free gift and then reformed again to DO HIS to hear “well done good and faithful servent”?...

Those in the body of Christ have the Fruit of the Spirit.....not their own "fruit" or works of righteousness.
    duh...and that SPIRIT leads them into HIM HIS WAY away from that world which will HATE us for what we have...the Spirit will quarantee our Promise and because we will be known by our fruits...proof we are indeed grafted into HIM HIS...for what He did...

So reach out take and be changed a new creation...nothing you is left but HIM HIS...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,228 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gt
    Obeying God made one righteous, no matter what God said to do.
    False teaching. By the obedience of one are many made righteous Rom 5:19

The one is Christ-

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, and I've run into your "type" before.

You can barely write a legible sentence, and blaming your typing doesn't cut it.

I consider you a complete waste of time.

If you ever learn to converse like a grown up, let me know.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

patrick jane (February 4th, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, and I've run into your "type" before.

You can barely write a legible sentence, and blaming your typing doesn't cut it.

I consider you a complete waste of time.

If you ever learn to converse like a grown up, let me know.
    Lol...still sore?

what was that about having the fruit of the Spirit? Yours is quite bitter...no sour...maybe make lemonade?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol...still sore?

what was that about having the fruit of the Spirit? Yours is quite bitter...no sour...maybe make lemonade?
    Don't call me "lil sis".

You are a man of the flesh, and I find it offensive to have a man of the flesh refer to me in that way.

You wouldn't recognize the Fruit of the Spirit, so you are quite unable to judge.

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't call me "lil sis".
    ok how about free spirit? Free bird?

You are a man of the flesh, and I find it offensive to have a man of the flesh refer to me in that way.
    uh oh...

You wouldn't recognize the Fruit of the Spirit, so you are quite unable to judge.
    Oh my...

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He doesnt ask us to follow us in order to BE saved...or to pick up our cross to EARN salvation you sill stiffnecked sister...He asks us to knowing we realize what He did for us in picking up His cross...and in gratitude wish to show Him...and in Mercy and GRACE He gives us something to show Him...something specific and concrete...something that really says THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID...guess what that something He gives us to do is? FOLLOW HIM...and by picking up our cross JUST AS HE DID...for He knows our gratitude has us REJECT the world our former selves...to kill it...and become slaves to HIM ALONE...He sees His yoke on us and that we are ready to be even killed as He was to do His Father’s work to keep His will His commandments and so to abide in His love...until the end when “Behold I come quickly MY REWARD is with me to give to each according to His works”...now tell me my stiffnecked sis...dont you want to be broken to receive your free gift and then reformed again to DO HIS to hear “well done good and faithful servent”?...

duh...and that SPIRIT leads them into HIM HIS WAY away from that world which will HATE us for what we have...the Spirit will quarantee our Promise and because we will be known by our fruits...proof we are indeed grafted into HIM HIS...for what He did...

So reach out take and be changed a new creation...nothing you is left but HIM HIS...
    What is it with all this teaching of how it is a tricky thing to obey Jesus?

YES IT IS TO GET SALVATION.

No one will get saved and stay saved if they do not obey.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Gt

False teaching. By the obedience of one are many made righteous Rom 5:19

The one is Christ-
    Doing right and having faith has ALWAYS been what made one righteous.

In the case with Cain the jealous brother and murderer...who do you think was the righteous one, can or Abel?

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered God a greater sacrifice than Cain, and through his faith he was commended as righteous, because God commended him for his offerings. And through his faith he still speaks, though he is dead.

In the case with everyone on earth and Noah...who do you think was the righteous one?

The world was violent and wicked, but Noah was a preacher of what was right, so...

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

How about Abraham? What happened because he obeyed and had faith in God?

Abraham. Genesis 22:18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Job?

Job 1:1, 8 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God...

How about David?

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

Are you getting the picture?

Are you reading what is plainly written, and are you believing it?

Everyone who is righteous to God are those who do right and believe in Him.

How about Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Do you think she found favor with God because she did right?

Luke 1:30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid,Mary; you have found favor with God.

How about Cornelius the first Gentiles to be saved and his whole household.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people.

Did you read that scripture how he is a righteous and God fearing man?

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok how about free spirit? Free bird?

uh oh...

Oh my...
    Just read how she tries her best to demean you; she does that to me too.

I tell you, whatever she's got, I want nothing to do with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,228 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Doing right and having faith has ALWAYS been what made one righteous.

In the case with Cain the jealous brother and murderer...who do you think was the righteous one, can or Abel?

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered God a greater sacrifice than Cain, and through his faith he was commended as righteous, because God commended him for his offerings. And through his faith he still speaks, though he is dead.

In the case with everyone on earth and Noah...who do you think was the righteous one?

The world was violent and wicked, but Noah was a preacher of what was right, so...

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

How about Abraham? What happened because he obeyed and had faith in God?

Abraham. Genesis 22:18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Job?

Job 1:1, 8 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God...

How about David?

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

Are you getting the picture?

Are you reading what is plainly written, and are you believing it?

Everyone who is righteous to God are those who do right and believe in Him.

How about Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Do you think she found favor with God because she did right?

Luke 1:30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid,Mary; you have found favor with God.

How about Cornelius the first Gentiles to be saved and his whole household.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people.

Did you read that scripture how he is a righteous and God fearing man?
    Evasion and Rabbit trail. Rom 5:19 how shall the many be made righteous according to this verse ?

Thread Information