User Tag List

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,395 Times in 2,606 Posts

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    They are a creepy robotic cult.

(...not that I'm prejudice of robots)
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 2nd, 2018),lifeisgood (February 20th, 2018)

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,104 Times in 3,208 Posts

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Paul was speaking of the purification works such as CIRCUMCISION.

Ephesians 2:11 [ Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ ] Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)—
    Nope.

Pay closer attention:

Paul isn't talking about circumcision itself. He's talking about two completely different groups of people.

"Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

The first group, Israel, is being called "the Circumcision."

The second group, the one Paul is talking to directly, is called "the Uncircumcision."

GT, it is a well established fact that in the Bible (and even outside it) often something is called by what the first part of it is. For example, in Genesis God multiplied Eve's "conception" out of mercy for her children. This isn't saying it would take longer for a woman to conceive, but that the length of the pregnancy increased (most likely from 6mo to 9mo, but that's a topic for another thread).

The same method of naming is used in Ephesians (and really, throughout the Bible) for circumcision. It was the first law God gave to Abraham, and it had to be followed by all of his descendants, and his servants and their descendants. Anyone in the house of Abraham had to be circumcised (excluding the women).

God used the circumcision command to set apart Abraham and his family, and since then, his family (from Isaac, the son of promise, not Ishmael) has been called "the people of the circumcision," and everyone else is called the uncircumcision, because they did not circumcise according to the law given to Abraham.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit. - Ephesians 2:1-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

When's the last time you read the entire chapter instead of just verses 8 and 9?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

lifeisgood (February 20th, 2018),Tambora (February 3rd, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Nope.

Pay closer attention:

Paul isn't talking about circumcision itself. He's talking about two completely different groups of people.

"Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."
    They were far off because they didn't enter the covenant with God and purify themselves with the works of the law.

The first group, Israel, is being called "the Circumcision."

The second group, the one Paul is talking to directly, is called "the Uncircumcision."
    No kidding?

GT, it is a well established fact that in the Bible (and even outside it) often something is called by what the first part of it is. For example, in Genesis God multiplied Eve's "conception" out of mercy for her children. This isn't saying it would take longer for a woman to conceive, but that the length of the pregnancy increased (most likely from 6mo to 9mo, but that's a topic for another thread).
    Looks like adding things to the Bible is your thing.

Thanks

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were far off because they didn't enter the covenant with God and purify themselves with the works of the law.

No kidding?

Looks like adding things to the Bible is your thing.
    Bearing false witness is a sin, GT. Please show what I added, and where.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't bear false witness, but it looks like that is what you are doing when you say that to me.

You still haven't shown me the scripture where Jesus tells Paul he is giving him another gospel than the one he taught.

You said pregnancy was only six months.

Over 5000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 1,096 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No false witness there.

I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your con-ception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband’s, and he shall rule over you.” Genesis 3:

I don't see one damn thing about length of pregnancy there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

God's Truth (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You still haven't shown me the scripture where Jesus tells Paul he is giving him another gospel than the one he taught.
    He's not saying that.

The lack of ability to properly explain his position leads you to believe that.

You can include all MADS in this predicament.

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    I can't even bring myself to feel sorry for one that blatantly denies what the cross accomplished and reject the FREE and UNMERITED gift of salvation by grace.
    Still dudn't make you a rifleman.

Thanks

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

How 'bout muslims?

Hindu's or any others who see God in the works of his hands?

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,568 Times in 13,014 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    How 'bout muslims?

Hindu's or any others who see God in the works of his hands?
    Not if they don't believe in the DBR, that Christ is the Son of God. We are made nigh by the blood of Christ. There is only one way.

Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV -

15. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

lifeisgood (February 20th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's not saying that.

The lack of ability to properly explain his position leads you to believe that.

You can include all MADS in this predicament.
    Madists say Paul gave another gospel than what Jesus preached.

Now don't say they don't claim that. Come on now.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No false witness there.

I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your con-ception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband’s, and he shall rule over you.” Genesis 3:

Thanks, 1Mind1Spirit.

Thanks

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No false witness there.

Did I not just say that using the beginning of something is often used to name the thing itself?

What is at the beginning of a pregnancy? CONCEPTION! God used this figure of speech to say that he increased the length of her pregnancy, though it would bring her more pain.

Please pay attention.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,088 Times in 11,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

Me either. At least not after they pass the V-K test.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

lifeisgood (February 20th, 2018),Lon (February 3rd, 2018),Tambora (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...le-quot/page14

There you go, TOL audience.....Another wolf is marked/exposed/identified....marhig. Beware of wolves....I do not like wolves.....saint John W the Rifleman, I am.
    Christ still hasn't rode this ego into Jerusalem yet, what's worse a braying donkey or a wolf deceiving the deceiver? Matt 11:11, others are the least of your ego problems while still in the world and glad to be of it. Lets do it rifleboy say when.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

1Mind1Spirit (February 3rd, 2018),freelight (March 7th, 2018)

Thread Information