User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Results 121 to 124 of 124

Thread: The Hebrew Epistles and Where Do They Fit?

  1. #121
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    10,656
    Thanks
    1,137
    Thanked 7,988 Times in 5,191 Posts

    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Nope, for awhile there you were actually able to abide disagreements. Now, you're locked and loaded on what looks like a bad case of spiritual pride.
    It is you who has a bad case of spiritual pride because you absolutely think that you know more about the Scriptures than those who wrote them. According to you John wrote 1 John 1:9 to unbelievers despite the fact that his epistle was addressed to those who had already had their sins forgiven (1 Jn.2:12).

    You say that Peter was walking in the light even though Paul said that he was to be blamed and that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel.

    You don't need the Scriptures because you think that you know more than Paul did about Peter's actions. That is the true sign of those with spiritual pride, that when their ideas are proven wrong by the Scriptures they cling to their false ideas!

    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Nothing there about being baptized into the body of Christ.
    So what is said at 1 Corinthians 12:13 is nothing about the Body of Christ even though we read that by one Spirit we are batized into one Body? What "Body" is Paul referring to there?

    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    The proof is in what is NOT there. It's absence alone is glaring.
    Yes, there is no proof found in the Scriptures which demonstrates that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ and others not.

    So why do you believe that is true since, by your own admission, there is no proof that it is true?

    That is just more evidence of your spiritual pride.

  2. #122
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,245
    Thanks
    10,712
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 15,143 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    It is you who has a bad case of spiritual pride because you absolutely think that you know more about the Scriptures than those who wrote them. According to you John wrote 1 John 1:9 to unbelievers despite the fact that his epistle was addressed to those who had already had their sins forgiven (1 Jn.2:12).
    I'm just paying attention to little words like, "IF WE SAY....", and you like to ignore them.

    1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

    And if you take some, you need to take all.....

    1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

  3. #123
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,245
    Thanks
    10,712
    Thanked 30,676 Times in 15,143 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

    You say that Peter was walking in the light even though Paul said that he was to be blamed and that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel.

    You don't need the Scriptures because you think that you know more than Paul did about Peter's actions. That is the true sign of those with spiritual pride, that when their ideas are proven wrong by the Scriptures they cling to their false ideas!
    Paul says NOTHING about Peter not walking in the light. That's YOU making that charge against Peter. And yet, you refuse to even say what it was that Peter and Barnabas and the others were doing that caused them to be accused of being children of darkness by you.

  4. #124
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    10,656
    Thanks
    1,137
    Thanked 7,988 Times in 5,191 Posts

    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Paul says NOTHING about Peter not walking in the light
    So you still continue to believe that Peter was walking in the light despite the fact that Paul said the following about him?:

    "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?"
    (Gal.2:11-14).

    It is impossible that Peter was walking in the light because Paul said that he was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel. That means that he was not walking by faith and what is not of faith is a sin (Ro.14:23).

    Now I will ask you a question and I expect a direct answer. Have you sinned since you were saved?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us