User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: The Hebrew Epistles and Where Do They Fit?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,564 Times in 15,094 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Silly, the following words are addressed to those who are already saved and whose faith is spoken of throughout the whole world:

"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."
    (Ro.13:12-13).

These people had previously believed and had been baptized into the Body. So Paul is not telling them to do that, as you imagine. You are up to your old tricks again and they are getting old and boring. You said that 1 John 1:9 is written to unbelievers even though John tells us exactly who received his first epistle:

"I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake"
    (1 Jn.2:12).

And I will ask again. Can you name even one recognized theologian who agrees with you that the words at 1 John 1:9 are addressed to unbelievers?
    Ask me as many times as you like, Jerry. I will never agree with you that believers walk in darkness, and I will never agree that believers put on the Lord Jesus Christ by setting their affections on things above.

So, my response to you is that you are more boring than I am.

Besides which....you are not setting your affections on things above when all you seem capable of doing is charging believers with committing works of darkness...wantonness, drunkenness and rioting. Doesn't sound much like new creatures to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,984 Times in 5,187 Posts

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Besides which....you are not setting your affections on things above when all you seem capable of doing is charging believers with committing works of darkness...wantonness, drunkenness and rioting. Doesn't sound much like new creatures to me.
    Your ideas are ridiculous because according to you even though Paul accused Peter of not walking according to the truth of the gospel you say that he was walking in the light!

You have lost touch with reality!

Proud customer of Old Glory Robot Insurance. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,802 Times in 9,636 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How can someone be saved and safe in Christ, including being justified from all things and granted full and free access to God (per Paul), and yet risk not seeing the Lord for not pursuing peaceableness or holiness enough (per Hebrews)?

How can one risk not seeing the Lord for not pursuing peaceableness and holiness, when Paul says the believers holiness is actually Christ's, and peace is a fruit of His Spirit?

"There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (Today)

Thanks

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    How can someone be saved and safe in Christ, including being justified from all things and granted full and free access to God (per Paul), and yet risk not seeing the Lord for not pursuing peaceableness or holiness enough (per Hebrews)?
    So you don't think that those who received the Hebrew epistles had accesss to God despite what they are told here?:

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh"
    (Heb.10:19-20).

Of course the word "holiest" is not in regard to the most holy place in the Temple because only the Levitical high priest had access there, and only once a year. The word "holiest" at Hebrews 10:19-20 refers to the dwelling place of the LORD. And the "throne" in the following verse is speaking of the heavenly throne:

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"
    (Heb.4:16).

I get an idea that you have never even read the book of Hebrews since you remain ignorant about these facts.

Proud customer of Old Glory Robot Insurance. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,802 Times in 9,636 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still dodging straight questions? You've become a troll. Don't know how are why but that is how you seem now.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Thanks

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Still dodging straight questions? You've become a troll. Don't know how are why but that is how you seem now.
    I just thought that I would show you that they had access to the heavenly throne but you don't care.

Who else but those in the Body have access to the Most Holy in heaven?

You think that you rightly divide but all you prove is that you can't tell the difference between heavenly things and earthly things.

Pitiful!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your ideas are ridiculous because according to you even though Paul accused Peter of not walking according to the truth of the gospel you say that he was walking in the light!

You have lost touch with reality!
    You sure do a lot of accusing. How about you tell me exactly what Peter did to be accused by Paul of not walking according to the truth of the Gospel? Tell me EXACTLY what it was....specifically.

I'll wait.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get an idea that you have never even read the book of Hebrews since you remain ignorant about these facts.
    I get an idea you are having some personal problems in your life, Jerry, that you have become so divisive of late.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

patrick jane (Today)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought that I would show you that they had access to the heavenly throne but you don't care.

Who else but those in the Body have access to the Most Holy in heaven?

You think that you rightly divide but all you prove is that you can't tell the difference between heavenly things and earthly things.

Pitiful!
    All men now have access through Christ's death on the cross, but not all men are baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

patrick jane (Today)

Thread Information