User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: Did Ron Wyatt really find the Ark of the Covenant?

  1. #61
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 429 Times in 300 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    208008
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    If you had watched the evidence you would know that it is not lost. It is still where it was found in the chamber where Jeremiah left it.
    Yeah, right... If there were any truth to this, don't you think the Israeli government would have gone in and recovered it themselves?

  2. #62
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    No. I don't. You insist on linking "permission to dig" with actual digging. And attribute to the IAA enforcement superpowers.

    But, let's look at the positive evidence that Ron Wyatt found the Ark:
    1. Wyatt dug in the Garden Tomb area (it makes no difference if he did it legally or not).
    2. He claims to have found the Ark there

    That's basically it. Yes, I know there are videos, and a really poor photo, and cut rocks that he claims are this or that. But solid evidence?
    Hang on, what do you accept and not accept?

    1. Ron Wyatt with many others dug by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment as shown in the videos? Yes or no?

    2.The IAA are lying when they state Ron did not have permission to dig? Yes or no?

  3. #63
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Yeah, right... If there were any truth to this, don't you think the Israeli government would have gone in and recovered it themselves?
    You're forgetting who you are dealing with. There is a conspiracy. The Israeli government doesn't want this news to get out, since it will cause a political nightmare. So they are hiding the information, and even lying about Wyatt having miraculously gotten permission to dig. A conspiracy.

  4. #64
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Hang on, what do you accept and not accept?

    1. Ron Wyatt with many others dug by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment as shown in the videos? Yes or no?

    2.The IAA are lying when they state Ron did not have permission to dig? Yes or no?
    1. yes
    2. no

    I thought I was pretty clear about this.

  5. #65
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Yeah, right... If there were any truth to this, don't you think the Israeli government would have gone in and recovered it themselves?
    Again if you had of watched the videos or read what I said, you would know that they did try to do just that but as I said Ron told the Israeli Antiquity Authority that he had found it and they have since found the original tunnel and tried to retrieve but the men sent to retrieve have all died because that is what the ark does unless God gives them permission to see and touch it.

    Jeremiah hid it within the vicinity of Jerusalem during the siege:

    2 Maccabees 2:4-8Good News Translation (GNT)
    4 These same records also tell us that Jeremiah, acting under divine guidance, commanded the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box to follow him to the mountain where Moses had looked down on the land which God had promised our people. 5 When Jeremiah got to the mountain, he found a huge cave and there he hid the Tent of the Lord's Presence, the Covenant Box, and the altar of incense. Then he sealed up the entrance.

    6 Some of Jeremiah's friends tried to follow him and mark the way, but they could not find the cave. 7 When Jeremiah learned what they had done, he reprimanded them, saying,

    No one must know about this place until God gathers his people together again and shows them mercy. 8 At that time he will reveal where these things are hidden, and the dazzling light of his presence will be seen in the cloud, as it was in the time of Moses and on the occasion when Solomon prayed that the Temple might be dedicated in holy splendor.

    Here is that marker:





    The video's prove Ron dug in the garden tomb area and that the IAA are lying when they say Ron did not have permission to dig.

    You might get there in the end?

  6. #66
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 429 Times in 300 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    208008
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Ron told the Israeli Antiquity Authority that he had found it and they have since found the original tunnel and tried to retrieve but the men sent to retrieve have all died because that is what the ark does unless God gives them permission to see and touch it.
    Why should anyone care if Wyatt found the ark if no one can retrieve it without dying? What difference does it make?

    Follow Ron Wyatt's money trail, and then you'll understand what all this hullabaloo is really all about.

  7. #67
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    1. yes
    2. no

    I thought I was pretty clear about this.
    Right so you do now finally accept Ron Wyatt with many others dug by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment as shown in the video. That's great but it totally contradicts what the IAA state that Ron did not have permission to dig there or anywhere.

    You really believe that after returning to dig there more than 10 times over 20+ years, for sometimes months at a time, you really think the IAA just sat back and did nothing!!

    You have little understanding just how strict they are:

    "When the looters are caught, they are jailed—instead of congratulated—for the find."
    https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...rs-go-to-jail/

    They went to find antiquities, and ended up in jail:
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/228290

    etc etc.

  8. #68
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Why should anyone care if Wyatt found the ark if no one can retrieve it without dying? What difference does it make?
    The Ark of the Covenant is the greatest archaeological artefact ever to exist and the most Holy artefact to ever exist it is beyond priceless and you say 'Why should anyone care if Wyatt found the ark if no one can retrieve it'

    Follow Ron Wyatt's money trail, and then you'll understand what all this hullabaloo is really all about.
    Ron never made a penny. In fact he had a day job and funded every trip he made to the middle east, (over 120 of them). You know nothing.

  9. #69
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    ...

    But, let's look at the positive evidence that Ron Wyatt found the Ark:
    1. Wyatt dug in the Garden Tomb area (it makes no difference if he did it legally or not).
    2. He claims to have found the Ark there

    That's basically it. Yes, I know there are videos, and a really poor photo, and cut rocks that he claims are this or that. But solid evidence?
    Watchman- you ignored this one.

  10. #70
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Watchman- you ignored this one.
    You're missing the point. If you accept he with others dug there then you must accept the IAA are lying and also contradicts what the GTA say. Which explains everything.

  11. #71
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 429 Times in 300 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    208008
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    The Ark of the Covenant is the greatest archaeological artefact ever to exist and the most Holy artefact to ever exist it is beyond priceless and you say 'Why should anyone care if Wyatt found the ark if no one can retrieve it'
    If everyone who touches it dies why should anyone bother?

  12. #72
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 429 Times in 300 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    208008
    Ron Wyatt, the “Indiana Jones” of the SDA Church

    Oh, I get it now. This is an SDA scam.

  13. #73
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    You're missing the point. If you accept he with others dug there then you must accept the IAA are lying and also contradicts what the GTA say. Which explains everything.
    No. Logically I do not have to accept that. As I have said repeatedly: He could have dug illegally, and not been caught (why- because the Garden Tomb people allowed him to dig and didn't report him).

    My question remains: what real evidence is there that he found the Ark?

    Don't say "oh go watch a few hours of his videos". The only evidence is that Ron Wyatt claims he found it. That's it! It makes no difference if the IAA and/or the Garden Tomb organization are lying. There simply is no evidence, beyond his word.

  14. #74
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    If everyone who touches it dies why should anyone bother?
    No, if you knew your Bible not everyone who touches it dies.

  15. #75
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Ron Wyatt, the “Indiana Jones” of the SDA Church

    Oh, I get it now. This is an SDA scam.
    What do you get? That you can't explain away the fact that the videos show Ron with others digging at the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment while the the Israeli Antiquity Authority say he never had permission to dig there and the Garden Tomb Association say he did have permission?

    Perhaps you think no one should care about any of this too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us