User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 104

Thread: Did Ron Wyatt really find the Ark of the Covenant?

  1. #46
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    So you are happier with the considerably theory. The IAA is lying. The underdog is right. It goes along with the Shroud quite nicely. And you know better than the experts regarding calendars as well.

    I am sure you feel quite good about yourself. And I am sure that there is nothing I could possibly say or show that would change your mind about anything.
    The video shows Ron and others digging in the Garden tomb area. The IAA say he never had permission. You choose to:

    A. Not watch the video evidence of Ron and the others working there.

    B. Not look at a written statement by the IAA.

    C. Decide you have all the facts.

    D. Choose 'B' is true rather than 'A'

    Truly ignorant.

  2. #47
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    If Ron Wyatt really did find the Ark of the Covenant, then produce it. Until then, it's just no better than hearsay fiction.
    It is still there underground but you don't even know this as you have not looked at anything regarding this.

  3. #48
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    The video shows Ron and others digging in the Garden tomb area. The IAA say he never had permission. You choose to:

    A. Not watch the video evidence of Ron and the others working there.

    B. Not look at a written statement by the IAA.

    C. Decide you have all the facts.

    D. Choose 'B' is true rather than 'A'

    Truly ignorant.
    I have seen the video and the IAA statement, as well as the statement that the Garden Tomb people gave out. My conclusion: Ron Wyatt dug illegally. He did not find what he claimed to find.

    so it goes.

  4. #49
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,415
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 907 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    173781
    There is nothing at the "Garden Tomb" site except a First Temple Period burial tomb.
    If the ark was hidden by priests during the assault of the Babylonians, it was
    buried in a cave under the south end of the "Temple Mount", not far from the
    Temple. The Garden Tomb is located to the north and west of the "Temple Mount".
    The preferred place of tombs is the "Mount of Olives", east of the "East Gate"
    and across the Kidron Valley.

  5. #50
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    I have seen the video and the IAA statement, as well as the statement that the Garden Tomb people gave out. My conclusion: Ron Wyatt dug illegally. He did not find what he claimed to find.

    so it goes.
    Don't make me laugh. He dug there for weeks and sometimes months at a time, on at least 10 or more occasions over a 20+ year period without once being questioned, stopped, prosecuted or locked up! And you think he didn't have permission. You are insane.


  6. #51
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    There is nothing at the "Garden Tomb" site except a First Temple Period burial tomb.
    If the ark was hidden by priests during the assault of the Babylonians, it was
    buried in a cave under the south end of the "Temple Mount", not far from the
    Temple. The Garden Tomb is located to the north and west of the "Temple Mount".
    The preferred place of tombs is the "Mount of Olives", east of the "East Gate"
    and across the Kidron Valley.
    You say all that with out one shred of evidence that the Ark is buried there. Where as you dismiss Ron's claim or even that he dug in the Garden tomb area, despite the video evidence that shows he did.

  7. #52
    Over 3000 post club beameup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,415
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 907 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    173781
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    You say all that with out one shred of evidence that the Ark is buried there. Where as you dismiss Ron's claim or even that he dug in the Garden tomb area, despite the video evidence that shows he did.
    Sorry, you have me mixed up with someone else.
    I could care less if Rom Wyatt dug in a First Temple tomb.
    The Ark simply disappeared from history after the Babylonian conquest.
    Perhaps the Romans took it back to Rome following the conquest by Titus.
    There are tunnels around the City of David that are just now being excavated.

  8. #53
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by beameup View Post
    Sorry, you have me mixed up with someone else.
    I could care less if Rom Wyatt dug in a First Temple tomb.
    The Ark simply disappeared from history after the Babylonian conquest.
    Perhaps the Romans took it back to Rome following the conquest by Titus.
    There are tunnels around the City of David that are just now being excavated.
    Jeremiah hid it within the vicinity of Jerusalem during the siege:

    2 Maccabees 2:4-8Good News Translation (GNT)
    4 These same records also tell us that Jeremiah, acting under divine guidance, commanded the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box to follow him to the mountain where Moses had looked down on the land which God had promised our people. 5 When Jeremiah got to the mountain, he found a huge cave and there he hid the Tent of the Lord's Presence, the Covenant Box, and the altar of incense. Then he sealed up the entrance.

    6 Some of Jeremiah's friends tried to follow him and mark the way, but they could not find the cave. 7 When Jeremiah learned what they had done, he reprimanded them, saying,

    No one must know about this place until God gathers his people together again and shows them mercy. 8 At that time he will reveal where these things are hidden, and the dazzling light of his presence will be seen in the cloud, as it was in the time of Moses and on the occasion when Solomon prayed that the Temple might be dedicated in holy splendor.

    Here is that marker:





    The video's prove Ron dug in the garden tomb area and that the IAA are lying when they say Ron did not have permission to dig.

  9. #54
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    The Garden Tomb Association of Jerusalem state in a letter they issue to visitors on
    request:

    The Council of the Garden Tomb Association (London) totally refute the claim of Mr
    Wyatt to have discovered the original Ark of the Covenant or any other biblical artefacts
    within the boundaries of the area known as the Garden Tomb Jerusalem. Though Mr
    Wyatt was allowed to dig within this privately owned garden on a number of occasions
    (the last occasion being the summer of 1991) staff members of the Association
    observed his progress and entered his excavated shaft. As far as we are aware nothing
    was ever discovered to support his claims nor have we seen any evidence of biblical
    artefacts or temple treasures.

  10. #55
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,067
    Thanks
    475
    Thanked 425 Times in 297 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    205860
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    It is still there underground
    How convenient. He found it, but then he lost it again. So close, and yet so far away.

  11. #56
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How convenient. He found it, but then he lost it again. So close, and yet so far away.
    If you had watched the evidence you would know that it is not lost. It is still where it was found in the chamber where Jeremiah left it. Ron and others had spent months digging by the Garden tomb escarpment down to over 20 feet through the rock. This is all shown in the video. After numerous visits over three years. Ron eventually broke into the chamber through a small hole on the 6th January 1982. He had no intention of trying to smash the Ark up and get it through the small hole and bring it back up. Perhaps that's the kind of stupid thing you might imagine someone would do. Ron respected what is the most holy artefact ever know to mankind and left it where he found it. The original entrance through which Jeremiah and the priests had brought it into the chamber had been blocked up, as this was the idea as the Ark was hidden in order to prevent it from being stolen. The entrance to the chamber is actually via Solomon quarries which are south from the Garden tomb area and below the Damascus gate. Ron told the Israeli Antiquity Authority that he had found it and they have since found the original tunnel and tried to retrieve but the men sent to retrieve have all died because that is what the ark does unless God gives them permission to see and touch it.

    Jeremiah hid it within the vicinity of Jerusalem during the siege:

    2 Maccabees 2:4-8Good News Translation (GNT)
    4 These same records also tell us that Jeremiah, acting under divine guidance, commanded the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box to follow him to the mountain where Moses had looked down on the land which God had promised our people. 5 When Jeremiah got to the mountain, he found a huge cave and there he hid the Tent of the Lord's Presence, the Covenant Box, and the altar of incense. Then he sealed up the entrance.

    6 Some of Jeremiah's friends tried to follow him and mark the way, but they could not find the cave. 7 When Jeremiah learned what they had done, he reprimanded them, saying,

    No one must know about this place until God gathers his people together again and shows them mercy. 8 At that time he will reveal where these things are hidden, and the dazzling light of his presence will be seen in the cloud, as it was in the time of Moses and on the occasion when Solomon prayed that the Temple might be dedicated in holy splendor.

    Here is that marker:





    The video's prove Ron dug in the garden tomb area and that the IAA are lying when they say Ron did not have permission to dig.

  12. #57
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    The Garden Tomb Association of Jerusalem state in a letter they issue to visitors on
    request:

    The Council of the Garden Tomb Association (London) totally refute the claim of Mr
    Wyatt to have discovered the original Ark of the Covenant or any other biblical artefacts
    within the boundaries of the area known as the Garden Tomb Jerusalem. Though Mr
    Wyatt was allowed to dig within this privately owned garden on a number of occasions
    (the last occasion being the summer of 1991) staff members of the Association
    observed his progress and entered his excavated shaft. As far as we are aware nothing
    was ever discovered to support his claims nor have we seen any evidence of biblical
    artefacts or temple treasures.
    Poor Chair, you are going round in circles. Try to remember, I have already refuted this lie by the IAA by the video evidence that shows Ron and many others digging by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment. You however prefer to believe some words written by persons unknown rather than believing your own eyes and ears:


  13. #58
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Poor Chair, you are going round in circles. Try to remember, I have already refuted this lie by the IAA ...
    It is from the Garden Tomb organization. Not the IAA.

    Not that there is any point in discussing this with you. You accept Wyatt's claim, despite the fact that there is no hard evidence that he found the Ark. Anything that doesn't fit with his unsubstantiated claim is simply lies, as far as you are concerned.

  14. #59
    Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,617
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 249 Times in 206 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    111344
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    It is from the Garden Tomb organization. Not the IAA.

    Not that there is any point in discussing this with you. You accept Wyatt's claim, despite the fact that there is no hard evidence that he found the Ark. Anything that doesn't fit with his unsubstantiated claim is simply lies, as far as you are concerned.
    So you now accept Ron Wyatt dug by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment and that the IAA are lying when they state Ron did not have permission to dig?

  15. #60
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,268
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 739 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    263269
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    So you now accept Ron Wyatt dug by the Garden tomb Golgotha escarpment and that the IAA are lying when they state Ron did not have permission to dig?
    No. I don't. You insist on linking "permission to dig" with actual digging. And attribute to the IAA enforcement superpowers.

    But, let's look at the positive evidence that Ron Wyatt found the Ark:
    1. Wyatt dug in the Garden Tomb area (it makes no difference if he did it legally or not).
    2. He claims to have found the Ark there

    That's basically it. Yes, I know there are videos, and a really poor photo, and cut rocks that he claims are this or that. But solid evidence?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us