User Tag List

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 998

Thread: The Vicarious Life and Death of Christ for the Believer

  1. #31
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Here is something that you can have faith and believe in, and there is plenty of scripture to back it up. I learned this doctrine from a group of Christian scholars back in the 70's. It changed the way that I believed. I was very religious. All of my religious chains fell off when I learned this and I became God's free man in Jesus Christ.

    All that Jesus Christ is and all that Jesus Christ has done is ours by faith.

    Jesus Christ is God's great free gift for all of humanity. Not only is salvation a free gift from God that cannot be earned, deserved or imposed, Jesus himself is also God's great free gift.

    "When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

    Christ is our life. Our real life is at the right hand of God in heaven. It is the life that has been made perfect through suffering, Hebrews 2:10 and will make us perfect through his suffering.

    "Therefore as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

    When Jesus lived, we lived in him.

    When Jesus died, we died with him.

    When Jesus arose from the dead, we arose with him.

    When Jesus ascended into heaven, we ascended with him.

    The vicarious life and death of Christ was such a reality to Paul that Paul screamed out at the legalistic Galatians, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live" Galatians 2:20.

    The old Adamic Paul had been put to death in Jesus Christ, and a new born again Paul had been resurrected in Jesus Christ.

    "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection" Romans 6:5.

    We are in the likeness of his resurrection because we have been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. The new man in Christ is no longer concerned about sin, because he believes that his sins have been atoned for. The new man in Christ is not religious because he believes that he is complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

    The vicarious death of Christ is spelled out for us in 2 Corinthians 5:21.

    "For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him".

    Jesus in our name and on our behalf becomes sin for us. We are indeed in some very deep water here. How did Jesus become sin for us? While Jesus was hanging on the cross God took all of the sins of the world and our sins and put them on Jesus, 1 John 2:2. "He that knew no sin became sin for us". When God saw the sins of the world on Jesus, God put him to death. The sins of the whole world have been atoned for.

    The holy righteous life of Jesus has been lived for us. It is the life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. Jesus has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. We now stand as complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

    "And has raised us up together and has made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 2:6.

    When Jesus entered into heaven, spiritually, we entered in heaven with him. Our salvation is in a very safe place. No one can steal it. No one can pervert it. It is our inheritance that is incorruptible and undefiled and that cannot fade away, reserved for you in heaven, 1 Peter 1:4.
    Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant. God did not nail Jesus' words to the cross; God did not nail obedience to His Word to the cross.

    Jesus says his words will never pass away.

    …unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

    …unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

    …unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

    …unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

    … unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

    Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

    …unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.



    ...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14


    ...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15


    ...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
    John 8:31


    ...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17


    If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10


    ...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

    ...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. #32
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Because you don't have faith that Jesus fulfilled the law and then abolished it, you will be judged by it and condemned.
    Catch that deception, TOL audience?

    How can I/anyone be judged by a law, "it," that, according to you, does not exist? How so? How can a law that does not exist, condemn anyone? How so? If there is no law, there is no sin/transgression-sin cannot be imputed, when there is no law.

    Secular eg.: If there is no law against going 95 miles/hour, how can one be charged with speeding, going over the speed limit? There is no law against it- No law-no transgression.

    Murder is OK, according to you, since there is no law to define it as sin, moron Pate.


    You are either an idiot, or satanic-no other option.
    Last edited by john w; January 23rd, 2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Saint John W

  3. #33
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    350439
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Catch that deception, TOL audience?

    How can I/anyone be judged by a law, "it," that, according to you, does not exist? How so? How can a law that does not exist, condemn anyone? How so? If there is no law, there is no sin/transgression-sin cannot be imputed, when there is no law.

    Secular eg.: If there is no law against going 95 miles/hour, how can one be charged with speeding, going over the speed limit? There is no law against it- No law-no transgression.

    Murder is OK, according to you, since there is no law to define it as sin, moron Pate.


    You are either an idiot, or satanic-no other option.

    Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it.

    To be under the law is to be under judgment and condemnation.

    "Tell me that you desire to be under the law. Do you not hear the law, John w.?" Galatians 4:21. The law will condemn you to hell.

  4. #34
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Christians are not under the law, nor are they subject to it.
    Never said they are, you demon-quit misquoting me.


    You say that the law is abolished-done away with. Thus, everyone is saved, and you assert that that murder, rape, sodomy.........................................is all OK, since there is no law against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    To be under the law is to be under judgment and condemnation.
    How so, as I've asked you, satan follower? You cannot be condemned, by a law, that, according to you, does not exist.


    Tell all of TOL, how anyone can be condemned, by a law, that does not exist, according to you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    B]"Tell me that you desire to be under the law. Do you not hear the law, John w.?" Galatians 4:21. The law will condemn you to hell.[/B]
    Quite irrelevant. I've never asserted that believers are under the law, as a rule of life, you satanic accuser.

    You assert that the law does not exist, for anyone, and thus asserting that:

    - the lost can never know what sin is
    -the lost cannot be led to Christ
    -but still, everyone is saved, as there is no transgression, when there is no law, and sin is not impute, when there is no law.
    -murder, rape.....are all OK, as there is no law, that defines these acts as "sin," "transgression."

    Pate-the satanist.
    Last edited by john w; January 23rd, 2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Saint John W

  5. #35
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Because you don't have faith that Jesus fulfilled the law and then abolished it, you will be judged by it and condemned.
    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.


    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.
    Saint John W

  6. #36
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    350439
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.


    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.

    Unbelievers are under the law and will be judged by the law. The law brings unbelievers to Christ so that they can be justified by faith and not the law, Galatians 3:24.

    "But after faith is come we are no longer under the schoolmaster (the law) because we are all children of God by faith in Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:25, 26.

    This is why Paul wrote, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17 and not by laws.

  7. #37
    TOL Legend glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,923
    Thanks
    13,741
    Thanked 35,888 Times in 18,039 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147795
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

    God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.

    No one will be saved that has not been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus.
    But, Robert, that "doing" was the obedience of faith.
    Which is why we are justified by the faith of Jesus Christ....not His law keeping. Galatians 2:16

    Romans 16:26KJV But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

    This obedience of faith went far and above any law keeping. It was unto death, itself.

    John 8:29KJV And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

    John 10:17KJV Philippians 2:8KJV

  8. #38
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Unbelievers are under the law and will be judged by the law. The law brings unbelievers to Christ so that they can be justified by faith and not the law, Galatians 3:24.
    Catch that "three card monty," by Pate, TOL audience?


    You lied, then, Pate:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law was abolished, done away with, at the cross.
    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," as you assert, if..

    The law was abolished, done away with, at the cross?-your argument/assertion??



    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," if the law does not exist?


    Well, Pate? You are either smashed, or demon possessed, or stupid-which is it?



    Again, one of the purposes of God’s holy law, is to expose man’s sin, let them know what it is(Romans 3/7)"shutting" them up, "breaking" them, like the children of Israel were broken, in bondage(a type),so that they will be led out of Egypt, led to the Lord Jesus Christ, alone for acceptance, in the presence of a holy, holy, holy LORD God-to show man his total helpless, his hopeless, dire condition before a righteous and just God.To wit:



    Romans 3:19 KJV Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."
    Saint John W

  9. #39
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    350439
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Catch that "three card monty," by Pate, TOL audience?


    You lied, then, Pate:


    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," as you assert, if..

    The law was abolished, done away with, at the cross?-your argument/assertion??



    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," if the law does not exist?


    Well, Pate? You are either smashed, or demon possessed, or stupid-which is it?

    You apparently are not able to receive truth. Which makes me wonder if you have the Holy Spirit.

    It is the work of the Holy Spirit to teach us truth, John 16:13.

    Everyone that is not a Christian is under the law, Romans 3:19. The whole world stands guilty before God's Holy Law. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are "In Christ" "There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

    This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21. The law will damn you to hell John W.

    So I say to you John W. "Do you not hear the law?"

  10. #40
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You apparently are not able to receive truth. Which makes me wonder if you have the Holy Spirit.

    It is the work of the Holy Spirit to teach us truth, John 16:13.

    Everyone that is not a Christian is under the law, Romans 3:19. The whole world stands guilty before God's Holy Law. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are "In Christ" "There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

    This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21. The law will damn you to hell John W.

    So I say to you John W. "Do you not hear the law?"
    Evasion, spamming absolutely NADA, that has to do with your on record, satanic "argument," Pate. You, on record, assert that the law was abolished-done away with=it no longer exists, for anyone.

    You're a wolf, and I exposed your "doctrine," for what it is-from the pits of hell.

    Answer the question, per your argument, Pate.I stay on topic-you're argument:

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Unbelievers are under the law and will be judged by the law. The law brings unbelievers to Christ so that they can be justified by faith and not the law, Galatians 3:24.]

    Catch that "three card monty," by Pate, TOL audience?


    You lied, then, Pate:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law was abolished, done away with, at the cross.

    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," as you assert, if..


    The law was abolished, done away with, at the cross?-your argument/assertion??



    How can "Unbelievers (be)under the law and will be judged by the law," if the law does not exist?


    Well, Pate? You are either smashed, or demon possessed, or stupid-which is it?



    Again, one of the purposes of God’s holy law, is to expose man’s sin, let them know what it is(Romans 3/7)"shutting" them up, "breaking" them, like the children of Israel were broken, in bondage(a type),so that they will be led out of Egypt, led to the Lord Jesus Christ, alone for acceptance, in the presence of a holy, holy, holy LORD God-to show man his total helpless, his hopeless, dire condition before a righteous and just God.To wit:



    Romans 3:19 KJV Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."
    Saint John W

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Right Divider (January 23rd, 2018)

  12. #41
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You apparently are not able to receive truth. Which makes me wonder if you have the Holy Spirit.

    It is the work of the Holy Spirit to teach us truth, John 16:13.

    Everyone that is not a Christian is under the law, Romans 3:19. The whole world stands guilty before God's Holy Law. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

    All that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and are "In Christ" "There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1. There is no condemnation because there is no law. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

    This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21. The law will damn you to hell John W.

    So I say to you John W. "Do you not hear the law?"
    More evasion, side stepping....answer:

    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.

    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.
    Saint John W

  13. #42
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    350439
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    More evasion, side stepping....answer:

    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.

    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.


    After reading what you have said I have concluded that you are spiritually dead and are lost.

    You don't seem to understand the scriptures, probably because you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

    Your beef is not with me, it is with God's word and Paul.

    You are under the law and will be condemned by the law.

    Once again I am going to rehearse what Paul said to the legalistic Galatians that like you wanted to live according to the law.

    "Christ is become no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are fallen from grace" Galatians 5:4.

    "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith (the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

    "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

    "But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:25.


    Did you read that John W.? "WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW.

    Reason is because the law has been abolished.

    You want to try and live by the law, be my guest, "For as many as are under the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

    Now go sober up and repent, before you find yourself in hell.

  14. #43
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 by doing for the ungodly what the ungodly cannot do for themselves. The ungodly (us) cannot offer to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. Jesus in our name and on our behalf as our justifier and savior fulfills all of the demands of God's Holy Law for us, just like we did it ourselves. It was this life that justifies the ungodly (us) Because of the righteous life of Jesus that was lived on our behalf and his perfect atonement for our sins that we will be able to stand in God's Holy Court as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

    Beware of the doctrine of John w. He is a perverter of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Notice the wolf, deceiver, has been reduced to spam, not addressing his own satanic "argument," as I picked him apart, and his "argument" that the law has been abolished, does not exist, and thus, he asserts, on record, that:

    -everyone is saved, as if there is no law, there is no transgression, and sin cannot be imputed to anyone, if there is no law,
    -at the same time, the lost cannot know what sin is, as there is no law, and the lost cannot be led by the law to Christ as a schoolmaster, and Paul was lost, as were the Galatians,
    -murder, rape, sodomy.....................................are OK by him, as there is no law to identify it as a transgression/sin



    Pate is a wicked perverter of the gospel of Christ, a child of the devil, a wolf-marked/exposed/identified.
    Saint John W

  15. #44
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,980 Times in 8,415 Posts

    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147847
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    After reading what you have said I have concluded that you are spiritually dead and are lost.

    You don't seem to understand the scriptures, probably because you are void of the Holy Spirit who is the teacher of truth, John 16:13.

    Your beef is not with me, it is with God's word and Paul.

    You are under the law and will be condemned by the law.

    Once again I am going to rehearse what Paul said to the legalistic Galatians that like you wanted to live according to the law.

    "Christ is become no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are fallen from grace" Galatians 5:4.

    "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith (the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

    "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

    "But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:25.


    Did you read that John W.? "WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW.

    Reason is because the law has been abolished.

    You want to try and live by the law, be my guest, "For as many as are under the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

    Now go sober up and repent, before you find yourself in hell.
    I never said believers are under the law, you piece of dung, false accuser.


    More evasion, side stepping....answer:

    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.

    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.

    _

    Notice, again, this satanic deception?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith, Galatians 3:24.

    "But after faith is come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SCHOOLMASTER" Galatians 3:25.[/B]

    Did you read that John W.? "WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW.

    Reason is because the law has been abolished.



    He quotes the scripture, where Paul tells us, after the cross, that the law led him/the Galatians to Christ. And yet he says the law was abolished at the cross.


    Again, you demon: How could the law, as a schoolmaster, lead Paul/the Galatians to Christ, if it was abolished at the cross, decades before?


    Well, wolf Pate? I've asked him this 5 times-he won't touch it.



    Satanic pawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You are under the law and will be condemned by the law.
    1.How can the law condemn me, if it does not exist, demon?

    2. No, demon-the law has no authority/jurisdiction over a dead man.


    "ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;" Rom. 7:4 KJV

    Romans 7:1-7 KJV....

    "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? "

    The law has power, jurisdiction, over a man/woman, only as long as they are alive.

    Light bulb?

    "For ye are dead,.." Col. 3:3 KJV

    A dead man is not subject to any civil, or "religious"(used generically here) law. Thus, the member of the boc, who is reckoned dead, is not subject to the law, because he/she is considered dead, risen, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. The law has lost its authority, to bring either condemnation, or righteousness,through the "vicarious obedience/law keeping" of the Lord Jesus Christ. And therefore, Paul asserts Romans 10:4 KJV.

    Moron.
    Saint John W

  16. #45
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,527
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,310 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    350439
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    I never said believers are under the law, you piece of dung, false accuser.


    More evasion, side stepping....answer:

    As asked-Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the lost can know what sin is, per:


    Romans 3:20 KJV Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.


    ....if the law was abolished, according to you? Go ahead.

    Romans 7 KJV
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

    Go ahead, Pate, and tell all of TOL, how the Paul, when he was lost, came to know what sin was, if the law was abolished, "post cross?" Go ahead.


    How could Paul say that the law showed him what sin was, if it was abolished?


    Go ahead, Pate.


    Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

    Tell all of TOL, Pate, how could Paul say that the law led him, and the Galatians, when they were lost, "post cross"(obviously), to Christ, as a schoolmaster, if the law was abolished, did not exist?



    Go ahead, Pate-unpack it for all of TOL.

    _

    Notice, again, this satanic deception?:

    [/U]

    He quotes the scripture, where Paul tells us, after the cross, that the law led him/the Galatians to Christ. And yet he says the law was abolished at the cross.


    Again, you demon: How could the law, as a schoolmaster, lead Paul/the Galatians to Christ, if it was abolished at the cross, decades before?


    Well, wolf Pate? I've asked him this 5 times-he won't touch it.



    Satanic pawn.

    1.How can the law condemn me, if it does not exist, demon?

    2. No, demon-the law has no authority/jurisdiction over a dead man.


    "ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ;" Rom. 7:4 KJV

    Romans 7:1-7 KJV....

    "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? "

    The law has power, jurisdiction, over a man/woman, only as long as they are alive.

    Light bulb?

    "For ye are dead,.." Col. 3:3 KJV

    A dead man is not subject to any civil, or "religious"(used generically here) law. Thus, the member of the boc, who is reckoned dead, is not subject to the law, because he/she is considered dead, risen, seated with the Lord Jesus Christ. The law has lost its authority, to bring either condemnation, or righteousness,through the "vicarious obedience/law keeping" of the Lord Jesus Christ. And therefore, Paul asserts Romans 10:4 KJV.

    Moron.

    You don't seem to understand spiritual things.

    The law was our schoolmaster that brought us to Christ because we were not saved. But after we are saved we are no longer under the schoolmaster because we are saved. Now that we are saved we no longer need the law and we now live by faith and not the law. Galatians 3:22-26.

    You don't seem to understand the scriptures.

    If you chose to live by the law, then for you the law is not abolished. The law is abolished for those who don't want to be under it.

    "But after faith is come, we are no longer under the schoolmaster" Galatians 3:25

    I don't want to be under the law, so I am not. You want to be under the law so you are. You will stand before God in The judgment and be condemned by the law.

    You quote scripture that you don't even believe and then fight with me like I made it up.

    What do you think Paul meant when he said to the Galatians,

    "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 3:21.

    I am not under the law, simply because in my name and on my behalf, Jesus abolished the law for me, Ephesians 2:15.

    If you don't like that to bad.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us