User Tag List

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Jesus taught existence of the spirit after death

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
    Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
    Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue,for I am in anguish in this flame.’
    keep repeating a lie long enough and people will think this was about the afterlife...but not all people

Does water cool a spirit’s tongue?

whatever Lazarus said , he earned death threats.

Joh 12:10 So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well,
    Joh 12:11 because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus.
    Whatever it was could have been recorded and great solace and comfort PROOOF...but well maybe he didnt say much more that “I died and then BAM I woke up”...

You realize just being...and resurrected when that was not believed by many was controversy enough...just standing in line waiting for coffee would be proof of the error being taught...no resurrection...

Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    keep repeating a lie long enough and people will think this was about the afterlife...but not all people
    you are convinced Jesus lied ?

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
    Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Whatever it was could have been recorded and great solace and comfort...but well maybe he didnt say much more that “I died and then BAM I woke up”...

You realize just being...and resurrected when that was not believed by many was controversy enough...just standing in line waiting for coffee would be proof of the error being taught...no resurrection...

Joh_21:25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 1st, 2018),Tambora (February 11th, 2018)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Don't confuse what happens to believers at the coming of the Lord with what happens to the believer who departs prior to His coming.

Philippians 1:22-24
    22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
    Paul doesn’t get to verse 10 in this first chapter without mentioning the DAY OF CHRIST...not once but TWICE...

now according to Paul what day is that? When we go from earthly body flesh tent to glorified eternal body...NO SPIRIT REALM WAITING ROOM...

Stop trying to insert a teaching not found in the OT certainly NOT from his Master nor from Paul’s imagination...

Having a desire to be with Him at the time...is at the resurrection...not to die and float about...oh wait Paul being killed would NOT be floating about...he be stuck under the altar crying for vengnce “HOW LONG!”

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    you are convinced Jesus lied ?

not at all....happily he wasn’t teaching on the afterlife...but you wish He were...

BTW...the answer is NO spirits do NOT have tongues that can be cooled with water...

Joh_21:25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.
    Awww that’s too bad it’s not included...maybe there is where your evidence would be...naw doubt it...as if the church would hide convincing evidence in scripture to its hell and its afterlife...lol

Thanks
    Thanked 30,685 Times in 15,151 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul doesn’t get to verse 10 in this first chapter without mentioning the DAY OF CHRIST...not once but TWICE...

now according to Paul what day is that? When we go from earthly body flesh tent to glorified eternal body...NO SPIRIT REALM WAITING ROOM...

Stop trying to insert a teaching not found in the OT certainly NOT from his Master nor from Paul’s imagination...

Having a desire to be with Him at the time...is at the resurrection...not to die and float about...oh wait Paul being killed would NOT be floating about...he be stuck under the altar crying for vengnce “HOW LONG!”
    Lame, especially since Paul says he would be leaving those other believers behind. He's hardly referring to the day of the Lord, and the resurrection of his body, if he was the only one to be resurrected.

I realize it's hard for a man of the flesh to understand that man has a spirit....which will DEPART and be with Christ before his body is ever resurrected.

Phil. 1:23-25 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (February 11th, 2018),way 2 go (February 2nd, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all....happily he wasn’t teaching on the afterlife...but you wish He were...

BTW...the answer is NO spirits do NOT have tongues that can be cooled with water...
    Really, but they can "sleep".

Awww that’s too bad it’s not included...maybe there is where your evidence would be...naw doubt it...as if the church would hide convincing evidence in scripture to its hell and its afterlife...lol
    Poor soul....in love with his body of flesh.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clefty, you are doing a great job.

It should be enough to say that death is the opposite of life, and that when we die, we are er. dead.

We believe that for every cat, mouse and pot plant - that it has no afterlife - but for ourselves - we emphatically believe in an immortal portion.

Sorry, cat, mouse, pot plant, human, neither has an immortal bit. Once dead, we are like Rover, dead all over, awaiting the GIFT of life, which Christ brings with Him.
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, but they can "sleep".
    Jhn 11:11
    These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
    Jhn 11:14
    Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Is that plain enough for you Glorydaz?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

It's plain you think man is nothing but a body of flesh.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be enough to say that death is the opposite of life, and that when we die, we are er. dead.

We believe that for every cat, mouse and pot plant - that it has no afterlife - but for ourselves - we emphatically believe in an immortal portion.

Sorry, cat, mouse, pot plant, human, neither has an immortal bit. Once dead, we are like Rover, dead all over, awaiting the GIFT of life, which Christ brings with Him.
    Unbelievers.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame, especially since Paul says he would be leaving those other believers behind. He's hardly referring to the day of the Lord, and the resurrection of his body, if he was the only one to be resurrected.
    No cute emoji?

He isn’t the only one being resurrected you silly...he is the only one being departed...duh

I realize it's hard for a man of the flesh to understand that man has a spirit....which will DEPART and be with Christ before his body is ever resurrected.
    what you realize is exactly the problem...no surprise you realize erroneously

Phil. 1:23-25 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: 24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
    Well...couldn't he just come back as a Spirit then and abide with them...or instruct them pray to him a spirit up there to intercede for them...that would certainly help their needfulness no?

Of course not! He knows he is useless to them dead...and instructs they lives as He lives “that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may sattain to the resurrection from the dead.”

It is to know the power of resurrection he focuses on not a transformation of spirit to be with Christ under the alter crying out for vengeance...as a prisoner he knew he was going to be killed...

But aren’t spirits helpful useful to those whom he has departed? Some still claim that...

But Paul does not think so focussing on a resurrection day when those asleep wake first...and what happens?

Phil 3:20 “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.”

The entire focus of Paul is to resurrect and receive the new body not enter into spiritsville...

Phil 2:27 “For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.” Why sorrow if death is better as it is instant spirit trip to heaven?...

Does this sound like encouragement to live right to their individual deaths? For each to be personally transformed into spirit when they die?

Phil 2:14...“Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”

Does he rejoice when they die to become spirits or a specific day when they all collectively vindicate him his work...

That day of the lord he specifically alludes to as judgement day where later even John the revelatory saw all lined up to be judged...

This is judgement day Paul describes...using a known metaphor to describe which state of existence all will be in...dead or alive “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

One day in the future all judged...

In this one letter of Paul we see not eagerness to become spirits enjoying a heaven before the others but encouragement to live to the coming of the Lord...

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead like rover...lol

Why even come back if the point is to be spirit over there...”oh look at all the nice things I can’t enjoy without eyes mouth ears hands feet...I am a spirit”...goodness

Point being we will be restored into new physical bodies AND STILL NOT IMMORTAL...as there stands the tree of life...”

we are restored access to it...having been first restored...

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The little girl He “woke up” was asleep too...the irony they ridiculed Him for saying so...just like here on TOL...nothing from her about spiritville

John 5:
    28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voicea 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

He comes quickly His COMPLETE reward is with Him not the final part of installing the hovering spirits into the bodies...

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unbelievers.

John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
    Everyone He said this to died...some brutally...despite believing...some BECAUSE they were liveth-ing and believeth-ing IN HIM HIS WAY...

They too sleep awaiting the resurrection at the coming of the Lord...when those in Christ will awake first to their complete reward...

HalleluYah

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievers.

Yes, together with this.

Heb 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Thread Information