User Tag List

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 597

Thread: How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

  1. #16
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12064
    iouae,
    re: "God knows how many hairs we have..."

    There are over 7 billion people in the world. And every one loses hairs everyday. Have you ever wondered how He keeps track of knowing at any moment how many hairs each one of the 7 billion has?

  2. #17
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
    iouae,
    re: "God knows how many hairs we have..."

    There are over 7 billion people in the world. And every one loses hairs everyday. Have you ever wondered how He keeps track of knowing at any moment how many hairs each one of the 7 billion has?
    You raise a good point. Do you have any ideas on this score?

    Maybe in our DNA it's recorded how many hairs will develop??

    Maybe in the resurrection, everyone will get a full head of hair??
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  3. #18
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6499
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    You raise a good point. Do you have any ideas on this score?

    Maybe in our DNA it's recorded how many hairs will develop??

    Maybe in the resurrection, everyone will get a full head of hair??
    Greetings...

    To your OP...if man was created immortal how could he die? God is immortal and cannot die...begotten Son could only die when He became mortal man...and Yah “forsake” Him...

    If man were immortal there was no need for the tree of life...

    It was the tree of life that makes man live forever...thus disobedient he was forbidden access to it...

    Our access to it is restored when we are...

    Man was not created immortal...

    There is no tree of life in hell or purgatory...

    Spirits dont have mouths to eat nor do souls have stomachs to digest the fruit of life...

    That we are even alive now and for only a little while without access to the tree of life is EXACTLY a gift of GRACE and MERCY that through HIM HIS SPIRIT we live actually and to acknowledge GRACE and be grateful for it is to have faith to obedience...to live the Faith of the only Begotten Son of the Spirit which was reborn of the flesh that we who are born of the flesh can be reborn of the Spirit...and live forever

    Hope you are well
    Last edited by clefty; January 29th, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

  4. #19
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12064
    iouae,
    re: "Do you have any ideas on this score?"

    Not a one.

  5. #20
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Greetings...

    To your OP...if man was created immortal how could he die? God is immortal and cannot die...begotten Son could only die when He became mortal man...and Yah “forsake” Him...

    If man were immortal there was no need for the tree of life...

    It was the tree of life that makes man live forever...thus disobedient he was forbidden access to it...

    Our access to it is restored when we are...

    Man was not created immortal...

    There is no tree of life in hell or purgatory...

    Spirits dont have mouths to eat nor do souls have stomachs to digest the fruit of life...

    That we are even alive now and for only a little while without access to the tree of life is EXACTLY a gift of GRACE and MERCY that through HIM HIS SPIRIT we live actually and to acknowledge GRACE and be grateful for it is to have faith to obedience...to live the Faith of the only Begotten Son of the Spirit which was reborn of the flesh that we who are born of the flesh can be reborn of the Spirit...and live forever

    Hope you are well
    Very good points you make, as usual Clefty.

    I am well. Thanks for asking. And you?
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  6. #21
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
    iouae,
    re: "Do you have any ideas on this score?"

    Not a one.

    I Googled "How many hairs on head" and got....

    Answer: You are born with about 100,000 scalp hair follicles to start with, but it varies with natural hair color. Blondes have an average of 150,000 hairs, the average redhead has 90,000. Those with black or brown hair average 110,000 to 100,000 hairs.

    It seems God is into detail if He sees every sparrow which falls and knows the hairs on our heads.

    Luk 12:6
    Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?
    Luk 12:7
    But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

    How He does it or why He does it, I don't know. But in the end it's all data - just a number. We are just data. Our memories are just data. God knows and remembers everyone of our thoughts, words, and actions. Matt 12:36. These too are just data.

    Thus God can resurrect us from memory. He does not need us to have an immortal or spirit component.
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  7. #22
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6499
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    Very good points you make, as usual Clefty.

    I am well. Thanks for asking. And you?
    HalleluYah...much to be done...more to give thanks for

  8. #23
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    2,994
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58303
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    The immortal soul doctrine is almost universally believed in every culture - though it appears sometimes as reincarnation or some other form.

    As long as there have been humans, they have believed in life after death.

    This presupposes a spirit component in humans which supersedes death, and continues on after death. In Christian circles this is the "soul" or "spirit in man".

    Yet the soul is just man-atoms + O2 = soul (nephesh).

    There is nothing immortal here.

    Likewise the "spirit" is simply the "breath" or "O2" in man, which gives material life.

    The reason we all believe in a spirit component comes from mankind believing Satan's lie "Thou shalt not surely die".

    I am sure that most folks consider it ridiculous and a waste of time to even consider that man does not have an immortal component or soul. Maybe they should start a Bible study to see what underpins their confidence in an immortal component. I have looked at this extensively and concluded that the soul is not immortal, but simply the physical man, and man's spirit is just his breath, again nothing immortal, just oxygen keeping the soul going.
    You seem to be conflating oxygen with the breath of life.

    We are told that life isn't limited to the material, so the breath of life wouldn't be limited to oxygen to me, but is more related to the life force and sustanance of the soul or spirit.

    That isn't to say that we are eternal as opposed to resurrected though.

    Just talking.... conflate is a strong word. I didn't mean it negatively; just they you might be confusing the two based on assertions rather than spiritual discernment.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    2,994
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58303
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    Wow Glorydaz

    Nice counterstrike.

    But like I say, parables always have only one point, and the point of the parable of Christ=Jonah is that both are in a place for 3 days.

    You have ADDED the point that both are ALIVE in a place for 3 days.

    And that is where your interpretation of the parable fails.

    But still, well played
    I have to disagree about your comment on parables friend.

    Do you really think each only holds one singular point?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I have to disagree about your comment on parables friend.

    Do you really think each only holds one singular point?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yes, name the parable and I will give you its single point.

    Or you could look at this video.

    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  11. #26
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    You seem to be conflating oxygen with the breath of life.

    We are told that life isn't limited to the material, so the breath of life wouldn't be limited to oxygen to me, but is more related to the life force and sustanance of the soul or spirit.

    That isn't to say that we are eternal as opposed to resurrected though.

    Just talking.... conflate is a strong word. I didn't mean it negatively; just they you might be confusing the two based on assertions rather than spiritual discernment.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    That is what the whole debate is about. My reading of the Bible is that life, all life and human life is confined to the material - which is counter to everything which folks in every culture have been taught.

    We trust God to give us eternal life however.
    Last edited by iouae; January 30th, 2018 at 12:17 AM.
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  12. #27
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110419
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    HalleluYah...much to be done...more to give thanks for

    Absolutely!
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

  13. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    2,994
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58303
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    Yes, name the parable and I will give you its single point.

    Or you could look at this video.

    Oh....to me they seem to have multiple points; like double or triple entendres.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    2,994
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,176 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58303
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    That is what the whole debate is about. My reading of the Bible is that life, all life and human life is confined to the material - which is counter to everything which folks in every culture have been taught.

    We trust God to give us eternal life however.
    But those two ideals seem in contrast to one another.



    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6499
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    That is what the whole debate is about. My reading of the Bible is that life, all life and human life is confined to the material - which is counter to everything which folks in every culture have been taught.

    We trust God to give us eternal life however.
    Give us eternal life and ONLY through another material medium...fruit from the tree of life.

    Man was not created immortal...never was...dust + His spirit = a living soul...in a material container...

    The fact that we are alive even now in the material world and but for a little while is a spiritual miracle...is a continuing gift of grace...sign of mercy

    Being born into the material world now is to have been saved from annihilation by His grace and His spirit (life force) given to Eve to have children...for that gift we are here although but for a little while...as we are denied access to the tree of life to “put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

    We are then born saved as adam was and in need only to accept it (faith) and obey “to do this and live”

    We will be restored access to the tree of life when we are restored...and then live forever...

    All else will return to its annihilation denied access to it...and be as if never born never material...only Yah is immortal we need Him...His tree of life...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us