User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Is there anyone out there like me?

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Is there anyone out there like me?

    Ok I don't label myself as anything bc I'm not sure. I'm into so many things everyone I meet thinks my interests r weird. I'm into obviously the study of theology and history, and tarot, and astrology. I was raised Pentecostal till 9 and yes praying to God and Christ works but I was also doing a lot of work to make what I wanted to happen happen and was optimistic about it having faith in me. But I've been researching the earliest texts and cuniform there is no I can't read other languages or cuneiform. But lucky for me I can find enough books that really smart people have translated. At first I noticed how much the Sumerian and Babylonian stories conincided with the Bible even though they we're written before the Bible as well as their flood stories. At first I'm like huh the Bible stories we're reembelished and added to from the originals but then Ive been reading and am still reading " THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE LIGHT OF THE ANCIENT EAST"that book is basically telling u about the moon and suns wanings and about the seasons and the stories and names these ancient people fr around the Tigris, Euphrates rivers area plus showing how dates, we celebrate and even St Christopher way before Bible, flood and everything compared to all religion from symbols to numbers and certain dates we celebrate to these dumb stories made up to explain our seasons and y the moon and sun comes up there's even a dragon "prince of darkness" going into hell all bc it became night time ancient people couldn't understand y our constellations seasons and sun went up and down daytime to nighttime so they came up with stories that I basically am scared to admit I'm coming to the conclusion that all our religions r based off these stories bc they r but that it's all ******** we've been judging, killing, and fighting for no reason at all all over ********. If I'm kicked out of this group then it is what it is I got blocked from a Facebook group for my bluntness but I need to know am I just weird is there anyone like me? I am confused a bit I mean I love the person Christ actually was and what he represented and I've always talked to God but I'm stunned that's y I'm still working on the book just bc I find the info and coincidences overwhelming and heartbreaking.

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,514
    Thanks
    160,614
    Thanked 46,905 Times in 28,965 Posts

    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148176
    Let me ease your mind a little.

    No one has the language on the cuniforms figured out 100%.
    They disagree with each other on what some of the symbols mean.
    So they put together the pieces the best they can, and guess at parts they are not certain about.
    And thus, the stories vary depending on who is interpreting the language.

    And, just so you know, just because the cuniforms have survived and can be dated does not automatically make them the original text of the story.
    Earlier texts could have been written that did not survive or have yet to be discovered.

    So, don't believe everything you read.

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),patrick jane (January 17th, 2018),steko (January 17th, 2018)

  4. #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Let me ease your mind a little.

    No one has the language on the cuniforms figured out 100%.
    They disagree with each other on what some of the symbols mean.
    So they put together the pieces the best they can, and guess at parts they are not certain about.
    And thus, the stories vary depending on who is interpreting the language.

    And, just so you know, just because the cuniforms have survived and can be dated does not automatically make them the original text of the story.
    Earlier texts could have been written that did not survive or have yet to be discovered.

    So, don't believe everything you read.
    I don't believe everything I read and they aren't pushing this belief on me it's just reading it I know a lot about religions and certain names I've heard and the dates they celebrated then r the same we celebrate now and the book isn't telling me hey every religion is bs it's just what I'm starting to conclude we all know we can prove Jesus did live was a real man a saint if u will that's what we would call him now if he we're living but Moses never has been proven even though giglamesh and Goliath we're proven it's just that we'll when I was five hearing in that crazy church that these new dead sea scrolls have been disiphered I thought to myself then at five how do se know people ain't adding to it and I now know and truly believe they totally did from the Bible to the queran everything we know and believe we don't I don't think aliens came down either sure they have visited but they didn't give us true knowledge of how we got here what's our purpose and about who to worship instead like everyone else probably manipulated us and played us for fools for those that believe they r here been here or whatever stupid history channel but jobs believe ancient aliens that's the dumb dumb show. Just looking at those guys hair I'm thinking look how crazy ur hair is I'm suppose to trust ur opinion?

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by liltex82 View Post
    I don't believe everything I read and they aren't pushing this belief on me it's just reading it I know a lot about religions and certain names I've heard and the dates they celebrated then r the same we celebrate now and the book isn't telling me hey every religion is bs it's just what I'm starting to conclude we all know we can prove Jesus did live was a real man a saint if u will that's what we would call him now if he we're living but Moses never has been proven even though giglamesh and Goliath we're proven it's just that we'll when I was five hearing in that crazy church that these new dead sea scrolls have been disiphered I thought to myself then at five how do se know people ain't adding to it and I now know and truly believe they totally did from the Bible to the queran everything we know and believe we don't I don't think aliens came down either sure they have visited but they didn't give us true knowledge of how we got here what's our purpose and about who to worship instead like everyone else probably manipulated us and played us for fools for those that believe they r here been here or whatever stupid history channel but jobs believe ancient aliens that's the dumb dumb show. Just looking at those guys hair I'm thinking look how crazy ur hair is I'm suppose to trust ur opinion?

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    And no the original text was spoken passed down from old to young people and that was the story of giglamesh I think but if u wanna check out that book it's free on Google play it shows or at least I think and interpret it that way that these ancient idiots just made up fanciful stories bc they couldn't understand the science behind things we just don't care to think about unless ur me in okc in the spring then u think about the weather

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13,623
    Thanks
    28,434
    Thanked 21,903 Times in 11,983 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147719
    Quote Originally Posted by liltex82 View Post
    Ok I don't label myself as anything bc I'm not sure. I'm into so many things everyone I meet thinks my interests r weird. I'm into obviously the study of theology and history, and tarot, and astrology. I was raised Pentecostal till 9 and yes praying to God and Christ works but I was also doing a lot of work to make what I wanted to happen happen and was optimistic about it having faith in me. But I've been researching the earliest texts and cuniform there is no I can't read other languages or cuneiform. But lucky for me I can find enough books that really smart people have translated. At first I noticed how much the Sumerian and Babylonian stories conincided with the Bible even though they we're written before the Bible as well as their flood stories. At first I'm like huh the Bible stories we're reembelished and added to from the originals but then Ive been reading and am still reading " THE OLD TESTAMENT IN THE LIGHT OF THE ANCIENT EAST"that book is basically telling u about the moon and suns wanings and about the seasons and the stories and names these ancient people fr around the Tigris, Euphrates rivers area plus showing how dates, we celebrate and even St Christopher way before Bible, flood and everything compared to all religion from symbols to numbers and certain dates we celebrate to these dumb stories made up to explain our seasons and y the moon and sun comes up there's even a dragon "prince of darkness" going into hell all bc it became night time ancient people couldn't understand y our constellations seasons and sun went up and down daytime to nighttime so they came up with stories that I basically am scared to admit I'm coming to the conclusion that all our religions r based off these stories bc they r but that it's all ******** we've been judging, killing, and fighting for no reason at all all over ********. If I'm kicked out of this group then it is what it is I got blocked from a Facebook group for my bluntness but I need to know am I just weird is there anyone like me? I am confused a bit I mean I love the person Christ actually was and what he represented and I've always talked to God but I'm stunned that's y I'm still working on the book just bc I find the info and coincidences overwhelming and heartbreaking.

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Ya done fell in a quigmar.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),Tambora (January 17th, 2018)

  8. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Ya done fell in a quigmar.
    Lol thought u said Quagmire like giggedy giggedy! Lol

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  9. #7
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,595
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 592 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    529344
    "That boy's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver."
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    steko (January 28th, 2018),Tambora (January 17th, 2018)

  11. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    "That boy's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver."
    **** off

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  12. #9
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,252
    Thanks
    3,989
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147755
    dcon
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),steko (January 28th, 2018),Tambora (January 17th, 2018)

  14. #10
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,252
    Thanks
    3,989
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147755
    Or a bot.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),steko (January 28th, 2018),Tambora (January 17th, 2018)

  16. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Or a bot.
    What's a bot?

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  17. #12
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,252
    Thanks
    3,989
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147755
    It hasn't developed self-awareness yet.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),steko (January 28th, 2018),Tambora (January 17th, 2018)

  19. #13
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,595
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 592 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    529344
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    It hasn't developed self-awareness yet.


    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

    steko (January 28th, 2018)

  21. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Am beyond self- aware y'all ain't aware y'all r aholes

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

  22. #15
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,252
    Thanks
    3,989
    Thanked 19,545 Times in 11,303 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147755
    Quote Originally Posted by liltex82 View Post
    Am beyond self- aware y'all ain't aware y'all r aholes
    Bye.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Grosnick Marowbe (January 27th, 2018),patrick jane (January 18th, 2018),steko (January 28th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us