Thanked 9,693 Times in 5,933 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    You're right about 1 Cor. 15: 1-4.

For it is merely a referencw to all that Paul had actually preached when preaching the gospel of Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
    1 Corinthians 15:3...according to the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:4 ...according to the scriptures.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    1 Corinthians 15:3...according to the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 15:4 ...according to the scriptures.
    The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery hidden in the scriptures/ the fact that Christ was dying for some men's sins (the “our” in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery hid in plain sight in the OT until revealed to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

The fact that we should be fellowheirs and of the same Body with them (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) is a later revealed mystery, an inclusion of all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) with the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV the same good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day) the likes of even Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) with the good news that when Christ died for sins, Christ died for ours too (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV)! It cannot be said that it was "according to the scriptures" that Christ died for our sins as the salvation of Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) was unsearchable/hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV).

The point was, the gospel of our salvation is declared by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

Anyone can be saved by trusting the Lord after hearing and believing it! Trust Him!
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery hidden in the scriptures/ the fact that Christ was dying for some men's sins (the “our” in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery hid in plain sight in the OT until revealed to and through the apostle Paul (Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV).

The fact that we should be fellowheirs and of the same Body with them (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) is a later revealed mystery, an inclusion of all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) with the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV the same good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day) the likes of even Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) with the good news that when Christ died for sins, Christ died for ours too (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV)! It cannot be said that it was "according to the scriptures" that Christ died for our sins as the salvation of Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) was unsearchable/hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV).

The point was, the gospel of our salvation is declared by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

Anyone can be saved by trusting the Lord after hearing and believing it! Trust Him!

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is about the Gospel, but it is not the Gospel.

The Gospel can be found throughout the writings of Paul, Romans 5:12-21, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. is just a sample. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf for our justification.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 2,064 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exclamation The Gospel is not and Incantation

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post

The Gospel can be found throughout the writings of Paul, Romans 5:12-21, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. is just a sample. The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf for our justification.
    Robert is on the right track:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5076158

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    vs.

I'll stick with my KJB and my apostle.

The Gospel can be found throughout the writings of Paul, Romans 5:12-21, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21. is just a sample.
    Of course gospel truth and doctrine consistent with the gospel Paul declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is found in Romans through Philemon. Why would we expect anything else coming from Paul?
    Last edited by heir; January 19th, 2018 at 12:04 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Right Divider (January 19th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    What a shocker! A denier of the truth that there is more than one gospel in the Bible siding with another one gospeler and not the evidence found in the KJB that shows multiple gospels. All gospels are good news, but they're not all the gospel of YOUR salvation.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Right Divider (January 19th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even John the baptist said Jesus takes away the sins of the world.

Even the woman by the well knew that Jesus is the Savior of the WORLD.

You keep saying only Paul knew something and no one else is just wrong.

The mystery is Jesus Christ.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a shocker! A denier of the truth that there is more than one gospel in the Bible siding with another one gospeler and not the evidence found in the KJB that shows multiple gospels. All gospels are good news, but they're not all the gospel of YOUR salvation.
    The good news IS JESUS. Period.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even John the baptist said Jesus takes away the sins of the world.
    When?

Even the woman by the well knew that Jesus is the Savior of the WORLD.
    That's the WHO not the WHY.
    You keep saying only Paul knew something and no one else is just wrong.
    Romans 16:25-26 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV

The mystery is Jesus Christ.
    prophecy not mystery (Romans 1:1-3 KJV)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (January 19th, 2018),steko (January 19th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good news IS JESUS. Period.
    Ignorance

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

glorydaz (January 19th, 2018),lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (January 19th, 2018),steko (January 19th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ignorance
    I quoted scripture telling us WHAT the good news is.

Acts 5:42
    Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
    Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
    You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
    Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Mark 1:1
    [ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

19. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

marhig (January 19th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When?
    John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

The woman at the well:

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John the baptist proclaimed that Jesus would take away the sins of the WORLD.

Even the woman at the well knew that Jesus is the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, the WORLD.

You keep saying only Paul knew it and preached it.

That's the WHO not the WHY.
    Romans 16:25-26 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV
    See above what I just posted.

prophecy not mystery (Romans 1:1-3 KJV)
    Jesus is the mystery, not Paul.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quoted scripture telling us WHAT the good news is.

Acts 5:42
    Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35
    Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36
    You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20
    Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Mark 1:1
    [ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,
    Who, Who, Who...No gospel of YOUR salvation (WHY Christ died 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) to be found there!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (January 19th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

The woman at the well:

John 4:42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

John the baptist proclaimed that Jesus would take away the sins of the WORLD.

Even the woman at the well knew that Jesus is the SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, the WORLD.

You keep saying only Paul knew it and preached it.
    Neither are in accordance with the good news of YOUR salvation; how that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day! Those passages are not about the death of the Lord Jesus Christ at all anymore than they are mystery truth of WHY Christ died. That gospel wasn't revealed until given by revelation of Jesus Christ to and through the apostle Paul! You are making God out to be a liar every time you resist the truth!
    Last edited by heir; January 19th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heir For Your Post:

lifeisgood (January 28th, 2018),Tambora (January 20th, 2018)

Thread Information