Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Die To The Old Testament Law

old testament law of sin and death
    Heb 8:13
    13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    2 Pet 2:8
    8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
    1 Tim 1:9-10
    9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
    Rom 7:13
    13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
    Rom 7:10-11
    10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
    11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
    Rom 7:5-7
    5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
    6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
    Gal 3:24-25
    24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
    Gal 2:21
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    Gal 6:3-8
    3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
    4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
    5 For each one shall bear his own load.
    6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
    7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
    8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
    Gal 6:12-14
    12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
    13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
    14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
    Gal 6:2
    2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
    Rom 8:1-4
    1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Rom 10:4
    4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
    Rom 13:8
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    (NKJ)

Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete.

Heb 7:11-12
    11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
    (NKJ)

Heb 7:18
    18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    (NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    (NKJ)

Rom 10:4-5
    5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
    (NKJ)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run from anyone who wants you to keep the old testament law. They don't even keep it themselves.

12 As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
    13 For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
    14 But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

If you keep the old testament law YOU WILL FALL FROM GRACE.

[Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    8 (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
    9 knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
    13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
    11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
    5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
    6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
    24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
    4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
    7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
    8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
    1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    (NKJ)

Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete.

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
    12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
    (NKJ)

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    (NKJ)

(NKJ)

5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
    (NKJ)
    Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 10-27.

I say no to what you have said here.

Shalom.

Jacob
    Run from anyone who wants you to keep the old testament law. They don't even keep it themselves.

If you keep the old testament law YOU WILL FALL FROM GRACE.

[Gal 5:1-4
    1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
    2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
    3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
    4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    Your words are the wrong understanding.

Shalom.

Jacob
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 10-27.

I say no to what you have said here.

Shalom.

Jacob

Your words are the wrong understanding.

Shalom.

Jacob
    I said
    lol Havent you learned yet that your own opinion is no more than a cheap guess. We all have.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said
    lol Havent you learned yet that your own opinion is no more than a cheap guess. We all have.
    Shalom.

Then with you saying this do I need to say that this is just your opinion? I have just communicated on another thread of yours about what an opinion is and that in communicating the truth or making a statement of fact or truth we are not merely giving or stating an opinion. You go from one thread to the next with your ideas as opposed to responding to what I have said.

Shalom.

Jacob

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalom.

Then with you saying this do I need to say that this is just your opinion? I have just communicated on another thread of yours about what an opinion is and that in communicating the truth or making a statement of fact or truth we are not merely giving or stating an opinion. You go from one thread to the next with your ideas as opposed to responding to what I have said.

Shalom.

Jacob
    I said
    lol You were wrong over there to.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these OT laws Squeaky?

Act 15:20
    But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

And where in the NT is it against the law to have one's father's wife?

1Co 5:1

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

And why did Paul call the law "holy, just and good"? Rom 7:12

And why did Paul write...
    Rom 3:31
    Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
    Stop the culling of Cape Town's baboons!

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    8(for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)--
    9knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
    10for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
    13Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful.
    10And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.
    11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.
    5For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
    6But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
    7What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
    24Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
    25But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
    21"I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    3For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
    4But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
    5For each one shall bear his own load.
    6Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
    7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
    8For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
    12As many as desire to make a good showing in the flesh, these would compel you to be circumcised, only that they may not suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
    13For not even those who are circumcised keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh.
    14But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
    2Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
    1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
    4that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
    8Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
    (NKJ)

11Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
    12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
    (NKJ)

18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
    (NKJ)

13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
    (NKJ)

4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
    5For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
    (NKJ)
    Is there a question or statement in there somewhere? Don't leave us hanging.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcon View Post
    Is there a question or statement in there somewhere? Don't leave us hanging.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    I said
    lol No them are just facts that I know will help you.

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)
    Now have you convinced yourself?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Now have you convinced yourself?
    I said
    lol Jesus convinced me with the revelation.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jews are going to have to die to the old testament law. If they ever hope to become a true Christian.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jews are going to have to die to the old testament law. If they ever hope to become a true Christian.

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

Incorrect.

There is no reason for a Jew to not remain a Jew. If a person is born a Jew, or a secular Jew, or a practicing Jew, or a convert who is a Jew by observance, etc... is a Jew always a Jew? Is it possible to no longer be a Jew any more? Thus a Jew can become a Christian and remain a Jew, or believe Yeshua to be the Messiah.

Yeshua, Jesus, is the Jewish Messiah, God's Messiah.

Die to sin, not the law.

Shalom.

Jacob

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

Incorrect.

There is no reason for a Jew to not remain a Jew. If a person is born a Jew, or a secular Jew, or a practicing Jew, or a convert who is a Jew by observance, etc... is a Jew always a Jew? Is it possible to no longer be a Jew any more? Thus a Jew can become a Christian and remain a Jew, or believe Yeshua to be the Messiah.

Yeshua, Jesus, is the Jewish Messiah, God's Messiah.

Die to sin, not the law.

Shalom.

Jacob
    I said
    Has anyone ever explained to you that Jew is a religion not a nationality. The nationality was Hebrew.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I said
    Has anyone ever explained to you that Jew is a religion not a nationality. The nationality was Hebrew.
    Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-6.

You are incorrect. I am a Jew, of Israel, Jewish, a Hebrew, an Israelite, being both a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Thread Information