User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP SAID A NAUGHTY WORD, MOMMY.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,793 Times in 1,873 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    "No, No. I'm not a racist," - Donald Trump

"I'm not a crook." - Richard Nixon
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Rusha (January 26th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,563 Times in 21,949 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

"I'm not very bright." - Barbarian

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

patrick jane (January 16th, 2018),Tambora (January 24th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that it doesn't bother you. Notice that it bothers most Americans. There's a reason for that. It's the same reason that Trump is now denying that he said it. Even Trump realizes that he crossed a line that's going to cost him.
    It won't cost him a "Plum Nickel." That's just wishful thinking on your part.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,572 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

"I'm not a troll" - barbaryan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (January 16th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    It won't cost him a "Plum Nickel." That's just wishful thinking on your part.
    White House aides were demoralized on Thursday night, watching the word “********” slink across the cable news chyrons.

In the wake of the administration’s tax reform coup, Fiat Chrysler had just announced it planned to spend more than $1 billion to move its assembly plant for the Ram truck from Mexico to Michigan. Walmart touted a round of bonuses and higher pay for its U.S. workers.

And the White House communications team had pre-planned a sit-down interview for the president with reporters from The Wall Street Journal on Thursday — an outlet they expected would focus on economic news and help drive the message of the day.

Instead, all of that was lost amid “shithole”-gate, after the president, frustrated that an immigration deal would include protections for people from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries, referred to those nations as “******** countries” and expressed an interest in welcoming emigrants from Norway, instead.

“It’s very frustrating,” admitted one senior White House aide. “We keep going off the rails with this other stuff.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-react-337961
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White House aides were demoralized on Thursday night, watching the word “********” slink across the cable news chyrons.

In the wake of the administration’s tax reform coup, Fiat Chrysler had just announced it planned to spend more than $1 billion to move its assembly plant for the Ram truck from Mexico to Michigan. Walmart touted a round of bonuses and higher pay for its U.S. workers.

And the White House communications team had pre-planned a sit-down interview for the president with reporters from The Wall Street Journal on Thursday — an outlet they expected would focus on economic news and help drive the message of the day.

Instead, all of that was lost amid “shithole”-gate, after the president, frustrated that an immigration deal would include protections for people from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries, referred to those nations as “******** countries” and expressed an interest in welcoming emigrants from Norway, instead.

“It’s very frustrating,” admitted one senior White House aide. “We keep going off the rails with this other stuff.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-react-337961
    Barb, that four letter word sure sends you into a "Tizzy" doesn't it? Although I shouldn't be that surprised after all, a man like you probably has NEVER been exposed to such a "dreadful word" let alone, used such a horrendous expletive. I actually admire you for that. Surely you must have been 'sheltered' as a small child, correct?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To have gone through life without ONCE hearing or using a "Naughty word" is something most of us are not blest with. I can see why 'certain individuals' have been traumatized by this form of communication. There are, within our society a small portion of people whose sensitivities are beyond the NORM. For these folks, even a minuscule deviation from their daily routine sends them into, immediate "convulsive mental spasms." That response is what transpired shortly after the report on Trump's alleged usage of that profoundly disturbing word choice. We must be patient with these folks. They have gone through something, most of us only experience through some form of "Macabre nightmare sequence."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it really matter that much to you?
    Yes, some people like facts.
    Please don't waste your time trying to guess why I want facts.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Barb, that four letter word sure sends you into a "Tizzy" doesn't it?
    Eight letters. And as you see from the news story, it sure has the WH in a tizzy, um?

Although I shouldn't be that surprised after all, a man like you probably has NEVER been exposed to such a "dreadful word" let alone, used such a horrendous expletive.
    Spent my youth, during summers, driving spikes on track gangs. So I've been exposed to language that would make you wet your pants. But the funny thing is, even the old gandies knew when it was OK to talk like that, and when it wasn't appropriate. They weren't educated men, but they were men.

And that's why Trump doesn't know it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,964 Times in 2,830 Posts

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thus far, no one has come forward and admitted to ever using a "curse word," amazing. I guess the President is the only one in the history of mankind?
    It isn't really necessary for them to do so, is it? I mean, it was a rhetorical point that everyone gets.

I think we can all identify with Isaiah when he said, “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.”

As for Trump's supposed bad language, it was a 100% political ploy. Chances are about even as to whether he actually even said it at all.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,552 Times in 2,599 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eight letters. And as you see from the news story, it sure has the WH in a tizzy, um?

Spent my youth, during summers, driving spikes on track gangs. So I've been exposed to language that would make you wet your pants. But the funny thing is, even the old gandies knew when it was OK to talk like that, and when it wasn't appropriate. They weren't educated men, but they were men.

And that's why Trump doesn't know it.
    Indeed ... it's not the language or *the word*. It's the sentiment BEHIND the word. We KNOW how he meant it because it has been apparent over decades through his words and deeds that he is a racist. Central Park Five. Mexican's are rapists. Muslim Ban. Border Wall. Charlottesville. DACA.

TRUMP: "What do you have to lose?"

Our country.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (January 26th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Indeed ... it's not the language or *the word*. It's the sentiment BEHIND the word. We KNOW how he meant it because it has been apparent over decades through his words and deeds that he is a racist. Central Park Five. Mexican's are rapists. Muslim Ban. Border Wall. Charlottesville.
    What is most telling, is that after evidence proved that the Central Park Five were innocent, Trump angrily

In 1989, after these black and Latino teenagers from Harlem were accused of assaulting and raping a white woman in Central Park, Mr. Trump spent $85,000 placing full-page ads in the four daily papers in New York City, calling for the return of the death penalty.

“Muggers and murderers,” he wrote, “should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” Though he didn’t refer to the teenagers by name, it was clear to anyone in the city that he was referring to them.

Incredibly, 14 years after their sentences were vacated based on DNA evidence and the detailed and accurate confession of a serial rapist named Matias Reyes, Mr. Trump has doubled down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/o...park-five.html

It wasn't about the truth for him; he was dismayed and angered that the truth exonerated people that he hates.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (January 26th, 2018),Rusha (January 27th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,923 Times in 4,802 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Um, it's not like they'd need to sift through stuff as Trump provides it all on a plate. Regardless of what you think about Obama he acted like a statesman while in office, professional and diplomatic. If he tweeted away like the present clown in office and made comments such as 'tic-tac' gate etc he'd have gotten well deserved flak all over the place. Oh, and lets not forget all the snowflake comments on here from far right dopes regarding his birth certificate...

Trump is an embarrassment on the world stage.
    He does have a problem getting in his own way
    So, what?

believe it!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Rusha (February 3rd, 2018),Tambora (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,923 Times in 4,802 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Indeed ... it's not the language or *the word*. It's the sentiment BEHIND the word. We KNOW how he meant it because it has been apparent over decades through his words and deeds that he is a racist. Central Park Five. Mexican's are rapists. Muslim Ban. Border Wall. Charlottesville. DACA.

TRUMP: "What do you have to lose?"

Our country.
    I am sure Donald Trump believes in the works of A. Jensen and R. Herrnstein, and thinks these people have lower IQs and are less able to be productive, which is his measure of future citizens.
    So, what?

believe it!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Rusha (February 3rd, 2018),Tambora (February 3rd, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I am sure Donald Trump believes in the works of A. Jensen and R. Herrnstein, and thinks these people have lower IQs and are less able to be productive, which is his measure of future citizens.
    Jensen, although he believed IQ to be heritable, was not a racist. He didn't explicitly argue that some races are innately smarter than others. Indeed, he only said that there might be differences in IQ between races. We now know that there are no biological human races, which makes Jensen's speculation difficult to support.

He was never able to adequately separate environmental and heritable causes of intelligence. And even Jensen was like his fellow psychologists, aware that intelligence was due to a combination of heritable and environmental causes.

It would be flattering to think that genes determine intelligence; my kids have done well academically, and have jobs that are competitive and require intellectual ability.

But I'm thinking that Mrs. B.'s understanding of child development and her constant nurturing and support had far more to do with that. I hope I also had something to do with it, if not as much as Mrs. B.

Thread Information