Thanks
    Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,822 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Jennings View Post
    There are some good ones there still. Dana Perino is fair, and Juan Williams is very liberal (despite having Republican sons lol)
    There's a distinction between their hosts and commentators, and their anchors and journalists. Hannity, Tucker, the Five, Pirro, those are hosts. Andrew Napolitano, who recently almost derailed a piece of actual legislation by saying some gonzo things about it that Trump heard, is a commentator. If you push them, they'll tell you they don't practice journalism. Shep Smith, Chris Wallace, Dana Perino, and Juan Williams are all journalists, and they're held to different standards. Some of the hosts seem to have undergone some sort of lobotomy. If you just compare Tucker Carlson on his Fox show to how he appears in other places, you realize that he's not dumb, he's just playing dumb for the Fox viewer, and then you get a glimpse of his real cynicism.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Rusha (January 14th, 2018)

TOL Subscriber Grosnick Marowbe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,488 Times in 21,910 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Hmmm... How did those dedicated pagans, Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus work out in fulfilling God's purposes? They did exactly what God raised them up to do. How about that king of Israel, Manasseh? How did he work out? He became faithful to God. How did Gideon work, you know, that guy that came from an idol worshipping family and delivered the Israelites from the Midianites with only 300 men against an army of 10's of thousands. How about that guy Judas? He played his part in the plan of God working out for the salvation of all who will accept it. How did the widow of Zeraphath work out? The woman of a heathen nation who took Elijah in and fed him while he was on the run from Ahab? How did the corrupt prophet Balaam work out even though he did his best to curse Israel? He pronounced blessing after blessing upon the children of Israel. How did that corrupt father-in-law of Jacob work out? After he ended up cheating Jacob several times he ended up pronouncing blessings on Jacob. How did those madmen from the country of the Gadarenes work out after they tried to attack Jesus? They became missionaries for him as when they went back to their villages they were once again sane and could only tell their stories of the power of God. How did Mary Magdalene work out? Her story of her love for Christ is told the world over wherever the gospel is preached.

The Bible is full of stories of those who were really questionable people who ended up doing God's will and accomplishing that which God had for them to do to further his cause.
    Excellent Post.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (January 14th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    s
    "Sick, simply sick" would work out for His and our glory, if we do something to ensure it never happens again. It is a little odd seeing Trumps name amidst these though. I've seen the Trump/Hitler comparison before and it befuddles me. The two are nothing alike. I'd 'imagine' if next election you had Trump or Hitler, you'd vote Trump for infinity

(try not to let your 'thoughts' become your 'truth')
    Well spoken, Lon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's a desperate attempt to explain why self-professed Christians support a man whose life has been a rejection of everything God stands for.
    What does your Pope think of that situation? Not that old GM cares about what the Pope thinks, but, just out of curiosity? You know the old adage; "Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,838 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    What does your Pope think of that situation?
    Didn't offer an opinion, but I'm pretty sure he disagrees with Trump's claim that adultery isn't a sin, and that it's not necessary to ask God for forgiveness. But you're welcome to differ.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't offer an opinion, but I'm pretty sure he disagrees with Trump's claim that adultery isn't a sin, and that it's not necessary to ask God for forgiveness. But you're welcome to differ.
    As a "Far-left liberal" you are unable/unwilling, to see any 'good' in Donald Trump's Presidency. I get that. It's called "Angry and Delusional." I believe the "delusion" comes from another source.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

patrick jane (January 14th, 2018),Tambora (January 14th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    As a "Far-left liberal"
    Libertarian. Right wing nutcases often conflate them.

you are unable/unwilling, to see any 'good' in Donald Trump's Presidency.
    In fact, when he began his presidency and started reneging on some of his crazier promises, I suggested that he might turn out to be better than anyone had a right to expect. And I praised his quick response when the Syrians decided to use poison gases. They figured with Obama gone, it was safe to do so again.

But this isn't about reality for you, is it?

It's called "Angry and Delusional."
    I'm not sure that you're angry. Delusional, maybe so. Explain to me why you agree with Trump that adultery isn't a sin.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; January 14th, 2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen the Trump/Hitler comparison before and it befuddles me. The two are nothing alike.
    They both rode to power stoking racist animus against marginalized groups. They both attacked the free press, accused them of lying. They both used anger and violence to achieve political ends. They both seemed to believe in the Big Lie. They both practiced nationalism along explicitly racialized lines, and they are/were both authoritarians, dismissive of civil rights. And the are both jingoistic warmongers. Has Trump started any wars or killed millions of people? Not yet. We will see what happens. But the rhetoric isn't encouraging.

Where are you seeing this huge difference?
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,472 Times in 2,561 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    They both rode to power stoking racist animus against marginalized groups. They both attacked the free press, accused them of lying. They both used anger and violence to achieve political ends. They both seemed to believe in the Big Lie. They both practiced nationalism along explicitly racialized lines, and they are/were both authoritarians, dismissive of civil rights. And the are both jingoistic warmongers. Has Trump started any wars or killed millions of people? Not yet. We will see what happens. But the rhetoric isn't encouraging.

Though you didn't ask me, the *only* difference* I see between the two is their power and authority ...
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

rexlunae (January 14th, 2018)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's odd. I don't see the racism you see. I see a man who speaks his mind and lets the pc culture foam at the mouth if they want to. I'm not racist and I've been accused of it many times simply because I say what I see. Racism sucks, and I see far more institutionalized racism on the left than I do on the right. What is affirmative action other than pure racism disguised? You don't think it is? Really? You've never even thought out what affirmative action is? It's telling black people that, because of the color of their skins, they can't compete on an intellectual basis with a white man. That they have to be given special privileges to able to do the same thing a white man can do. How would you like to be told the only way you can successfully compete with a black man was if someone gave you a competitive advantage? How would you like to be thought of by your professors in college as so backward that they would give you an A for the work that a black man would be given a B for? How would you like to be placed in a position where you were bound to fail because you didn't have sufficient academic background to succeed at that level? Would you not be angry about it? How much would you like being passed along at a lower level of knowledge by academic institutions so that you would have a much greater chance of failing out in the real world than the student next to you who happened to have different color of skin? Yet that is exactly what affirmative action does to blacks. It's pure racism designed to hurt the black man disguised under a mass of lies and political propoganda. And when any conservative says affirmative action is not a good thing, if they're white the cries of racism drown out all other voices, and if the critic is black, the cries of Uncle Tom drown out all other voices. It's pure idiocy.

Also, what is the "Big Lie" that Trump supposedly rode to victory on? Sort of like Obama's "hope and change" lie? He brought nothing but devisiveness and stoked the fires of racism and paranoia among blacks. Here we had a black president preaching that blacks can't succeed in society. How much bigger a lie can you tell than that? A black man at the acme of power telling blacks that they can't ever be the equal of a white man. That blacks are powerless to succeed in this country. It is "The Big Lie".

And what has Trump done the most of while in office? He has reduced the power and influence of the federal government over the daily lives of the common man by reducing federal regulation on a scale that no president has done for at least 100 years. And this is the power mad individual that you claim is in the Oval Office? Funny how his actions say exactly the opposite of him as your acccusations do. And wasn't it under Obama that the BLM, FBI, and other alphabet soup law enforcement officers and federal prosecutors went deep into illegality to go after Cliven Bundy and his family for standing on their constitutional rights? There is your Nazism expressed in real life. There is your power mad administration. How about the other idiocy that came in under Obama? How about the laws that allow the cops to pull you over and if you're carrying a large sum of money take it away from you on suspicion of drug dealing because you're driving on the same interstate highway that drug dealers happen to use? The cops have no need to have any evidence other than the fact that you have money to take it away from you, legally, and keep it. Yeah, that's real liberty and freedom created under the Obama administration....

You are so mesmerized by the daily propoganda put out by mockingbird media that you can't even see reality.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 Times in 2,643 Posts

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They both rode to power stoking racist animus against marginalized groups. They both attacked the free press, accused them of lying. They both used anger and violence to achieve political ends.
    Hold on...anger and violence? Those opposed to him certainly did. Did you forget the newspaper ads? It was a democrat!
    (not that all democrats are bad)

They both seemed to believe in the Big Lie. They both practiced nationalism along explicitly racialized lines, and they are/were both authoritarians, dismissive of civil rights. And the are both jingoistic warmongers. Has Trump started any wars or killed millions of people?
    Not yet. We will see what happens. But the rhetoric isn't encouraging.
    Still a difference, and one you've posted so a genuine difference.
    Hitler was insane. You could have said "they are both German" so I'm surprised (pleasantly) you didn't go there.
    Hitler didn't do it for free either. I could keep going....
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why is Trump losing FOX viewers? From the unabashedly right-wing National Review:
    The news side is a different animal (which is probably why President Trump won’t sit down with news anchors Bret Baier or Chris Wallace). But even here it’s fair to say Fox doesn’t follow the path forged by other news organizations, which often appear so determined to hurt Trump that they fall for bogus stories, which my National Review colleague Rich Lowry calls, “too anti-Trump to check.” Whether that makes them biased toward Trump is ultimately in the eye of the beholder. That Hannity & Co. bend over backward to cast Trump in as favorable a light as possible really isn’t up for debate. But there’s a difference between favorable and helpful. Much of the opinion stuff essentially involves mirroring Trump’s Twitter feed, attacking Trump critics, and railing about the “rigged system,” “fake news,” and the “deep state.” It’s so much muchness, as the British say. The focus on the reality -show drama and cult-of-personality stuff is distracting from the more straightforward, if more boring, case for the White House. That may not be evident in the ratings, but it is in the polls. Trump has been hemorrhaging support among key demographics for months, despite a much improving economy, victory over ISIS, and mostly excellent judicial appointments. Which brings me to those poll numbers. Suffolk University and USA Today released a poll this week, which found that among people who trust Fox News the most, the president’s approval rating has been sinking. His favorability among Fox devotees in June was 90 percent. In October, it was 74 percent. This week? Fifty-eight percent. If that trend continues, he will be underwater with the Fox audience long before the 2018 midterms. You can cry “fake polls,” as Trump often does. But was the same poll fake in June? Or are the same trends that led to Trump’s historically abysmal approval ratings now reaching even the Fox faithful? From Virginia to Oklahoma to Alabama, establishment and anti-establishment GOP candidates alike have lost in large part because Democrats, Independents and a significant number of Republicans disapprove of Trump more than they approve of him. His pander-to-the-base approach still does wonders for Hannity & Co.’s ratings, but ratings aren’t votes.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...pproval-rating

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Libertarian. Right wing nutcases often conflate them.

In fact, when he began his presidency and started reneging on some of his crazier promises, I suggested that he might turn out to be better than anyone had a right to expect. And I praised his quick response when the Syrians decided to use poison gases. They figured with Obama gone, it was safe to do so again.

But this isn't about reality for you, is it?

I'm not sure that you're angry. Delusional, maybe so. Explain to me why you agree with Trump that adultery isn't a sin.
    How are Ya?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold on...anger and violence? Those opposed to him certainly did. Did you forget the newspaper ads? It was a democrat!
    (not that all democrats are bad)
    It was also things he said from his podium as he spoke.

Still a difference, and one you've posted so a genuine difference.
    We're in year one. It took Hitler years to start making war and locking people up. We won't know if it's a difference for a while.

Hitler was insane.
    That's neither true nor helpful. Just pejoratively dismissing one or the other (and there are certainly real questions about Trump's mental health) fails to describe their actual mental pathologies in any detail. You're dismissing thoughtlessly.

You could have said "they are both German" so I'm surprised (pleasantly) you didn't go there.
    Doesn't seem relevant to me. Most Germans aren't like that.

Hitler didn't do it for free either.
    Huh?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 Times in 2,643 Posts

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It was also things he said from his podium as he spoke.
    We're in year one. It took Hitler years to start making war and locking people up. We won't know if it's a difference for a while.
    Heard this a bit with Obama in office too. The polarization must be firing the fear

That's neither true nor helpful. Just pejoratively dismissing one or the other (and there are certainly real questions about Trump's mental health) fails to describe their actual mental pathologies in any detail. You're dismissing thoughtlessly.
    Was Hitler Insane?
    I realized 'not helpful.' That's why I posted it, it doesn't help your theory at all. I agree.

Doesn't seem relevant to me. Most Germans aren't like that.
    Well, you gave me one, so it is only fair to return the favor

Huh?
    What? Oh. Trump has waved his Presidential salary.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thread Information