User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: What people are missing...

  1. #16
    Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 831 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    249396
    Like this chart, Comrade Igor:?
    Fascism seems to be missing. And in most of those forms of communism, private businesses are permitted. In China,they dominate the economy.

    Just saying. Meanwhile...

    Donald Trump is losing grip of his party’s support as he returns from his first Presidential tour of Asia, a new poll has found.

    The latest survey from Lucid found that 71.85 per cent of Republicans approve of Mr Trump as President, a drop of more than 3 per cent from the previous week at 75.21 per cent.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8063391.html

    According to the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll, the Republican president’s popularity is eroding in small towns and rural communities where 15 percent of the country’s population lives. The poll of more than 15,000 adults in “non-metro” areas shows that they are now as likely to disapprove of Trump as they are to approve of him.

    In September, 47 percent of people in non-metro areas approved of Trump while 47 percent disapproved. That is down from Trump’s first four weeks in office, when 55 percent said they approved of the president while 39 percent disapproved.

    The poll found that Trump has lost support in rural areas among men, whites and people who never went to college. He lost support with rural Republicans and rural voters who supported him on Election Day.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1CE162

    It's quite normal to slip a little. But as you see, Trump has slipped more than most presidents.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. #17
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 256 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93189
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    We're talking about Trump's loss of republican support, not your silly conflation of conservatives and socialists.

    Instead of going of into a fantasy,you should have read the chart more carefully.
    You just keep on digging yourself deeper holes, Barbarian. First you said it wasn't anything to do with party, only voters. Now you say it's all about Republicans. It seems you have an extremely short memory, for even among Republicans Trump had a lot of people opposing him. The Never Trump people were mainly Republicans. So to say Trump had 100% support among Republicans is ridiculous. It's even more so when we see how the Republicans have fought him since day one in the Senate and House.

    However, let's just give you a point which you haven't made.... Trump has faced unprecedented hostility from the press. Ninety-five percent of what the press has said has been negative. They have slammed him, his son, his wife, his entire family, his every word, constantly. They have repeated lie after lie about him And still, even if what you allege is true, he has retained at least 9 out of every 10 supporters against that constant onslaught of negative publicity. That is an incredible record. No other president has even come close to doing that. No matter how we look at the numbers, they are positive with regard to Trump retaining his support.

    Your assertions find no support in reality. But then, anything which comes out of the socialist/communist/fascist realm only has a slight tangential relationship to reality.

  3. #18
    Gold level Subscriber fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,000
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 678 Times in 456 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    231660
    He's gonna go down further.
    A lot further.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  4. #19
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 6,551 Posts

    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147815
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Fascism seems to be missing. And in most of those forms of communism, private businesses are permitted. In China,they dominate the economy.

    Just saying. Meanwhile...

    Donald Trump is losing grip of his party’s support as he returns from his first Presidential tour of Asia, a new poll has found.

    The latest survey from Lucid found that 71.85 per cent of Republicans approve of Mr Trump as President, a drop of more than 3 per cent from the previous week at 75.21 per cent.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8063391.html

    According to the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll, the Republican president’s popularity is eroding in small towns and rural communities where 15 percent of the country’s population lives. The poll of more than 15,000 adults in “non-metro” areas shows that they are now as likely to disapprove of Trump as they are to approve of him.

    In September, 47 percent of people in non-metro areas approved of Trump while 47 percent disapproved. That is down from Trump’s first four weeks in office, when 55 percent said they approved of the president while 39 percent disapproved.

    The poll found that Trump has lost support in rural areas among men, whites and people who never went to college. He lost support with rural Republicans and rural voters who supported him on Election Day.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1CE162

    It's quite normal to slip a little. But as you see, Trump has slipped more than most presidents.
    Commie propaganda!!! Here is a recent pic, of you, and your wife:

    Saint John W

  5. #20
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,939
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 6,551 Posts

    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147815
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    He's gonna go down further.
    A lot further.
    Like the Dow, up 38% since "The Donald" was elected,tovarishch дурачить?
    Saint John W

  6. #21
    Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 831 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    249396
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    You just keep on digging yourself deeper holes, Barbarian. First you said it wasn't anything to do with party, only voters. Now you say it's all about Republicans.
    (fleeloader is shocked that republicans voted for a republican)


    It seems you have an extremely short memory, for even among Republicans Trump had a lot of people opposing him.
    You're drifting again. Go back and read the graph.

    (paranoid blather about the press picking on Trump)

    Your assertions find no support in reality. But then, anything which comes out of Trump realm has only an accidental relationship to reality.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  7. #22
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 256 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93189
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    (fleeloader is shocked that republicans voted for a republican)




    You're drifting again. Go back and read the graph.

    (paranoid blather about the press picking on Trump)

    Your assertions find no support in reality. But then, anything which comes out of Trump realm has only an accidental relationship to reality.
    I see. Tacit admission that you've lost the debate already.

  8. #23
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 256 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93189
    I'm going to show further links between fascism and socialism. I'm going to do this by showing what National Socialism grew out of.

    The connection between socialism and nationalism in Germany was close
    from the beginning. It is significant that the most important ancestors of
    National Socialism —Fichte, Rodbertus, and Lassalle—are at the same time
    acknowledged fathers of socialism.* While theoretical socialism in its Marxist
    form was directing the German labor movement, the authoritarian and na-
    tionalist element receded for a time into the background. But not for long.’
    From 1914 onward there arose from the ranks of Marxist socialism one teacher
    after another who led, not the conservatives and reactionaries, but the hard-
    working laborer and idealist youth into the National Socialist fold. It was only
    thereafter that the tide of nationalist socialism attained major importance and
    rapidly grew into the Hitlerian doctrine. The war hysteria of 1914, which, just
    because of the German defeat, was never fully cured, is the beginning of the
    modern development which produced National Socialism, and it was largely
    with the assistance of old socialists that it rose during this period.

    Perhaps the first, and in some ways the most characteristic, representative of
    this development is the late Professor Werner Sombart, whose notorious
    Handler und Helden (“Merchants and Heroes”) appeared in 1915.° Sombart had
    begun as a Marxian socialist and, as late as 1909, could assert with pride that
    he had devoted the greater part of his life to fighting for the ideas of Karl Marx.
    He had done as much as any man to spread socialist ideas and anticapitalist
    resentment of varying shades throughout Germany; and if German thought
    became penetrated with Marxian elements in a way that was true of no other
    country until the Russian revolution, this was in a large measure due to Som-
    bart. At one time he was regarded as the outstanding representative of the per-
    secuted socialist intelligentsia, unable, because of his radical views, to obtain a
    university chair. And even after the last war the influence, inside and outside
    Germany, of his work as a historian, which remained Marxist in approach af-
    ter he had ceased to be a Marxist in politics, was most extensive and is partic-
    ularly noticeable in the works of many of the English and American planners.

    In his war book this old socialist welcomed the “German War” as the in-
    evitable conflict between the commercial civilization of England and the heroic
    culture of Germany. His contempt for the “commercial” views of the English
    people, who had lost all warlike instincts, is unlimited. Nothing is more con-
    temptible in his eyes than the universal striving after the happiness of the indi-
    vidual; and what he describes as the leading maxim of English morals: be just
    “that it may be well with thee and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the
    land” is to him “the most infamous maxim which has ever been pronounced
    by a commercial mind.’ The “German idea of the state,” as formulated by
    : Fichte, Lassalle, and Rodbertus, is that the state is neither founded nor formed
    by individuals, nor an aggregate of individuals, nor is its purpose to serve any
    interest of individuals. It is a Volksgemeinschaft in which the individual has no
    rights but only duties. Claims of the individual are always an outcome of the
    “commercial spirit. “The ideas of 1789”—liberty, equality, fraternity—are
    ‘Characteristically commercial ideals which have no other purpose but to secure
    certain advantages to individuals. The Road to Serfdom pp. 182,183
    I skip a paragraph here. The beginning of next paragraph refers back to an
    idea held by Sombart in which the ideal life excluded anything to do with
    classically liberal ideas such as that war is inhuman and senseless and that individuals have rights. Instead
    he taught that the heroic life is one in which the individual has no value other
    than what is found in sacrifice for the state and that war is sacred.

    If Sombart’s outburst was at the time too much even for most Germans, an-
    other German professor arrived at essentially the same ideas in a more moder-
    ate and more scholarly, but for that reason even more effective, form. Professor
    Johann Plenge was as great an authority on Marx as Sombart. His book on
    Marx und Hegel marks the beginning of the modern Hegel renaissance among
    Marxian scholars; and there can be no doubt about the genuinely socialist
    nature of the convictions with which he started. Among his numerous war pub-
    lications the most important is a small but at the time widely discussed book
    with the significant title, 1789 and 1914: The Symbolic Years in the History of the
    Political Mind. It is devoted to the conflict between the “Ideas of 1789,” the ideal
    of freedom, and the “Ideas of 1914,” the ideal of organization.
    The Road to Serfdom p. 184
    Now I skip to some of Plenge's ideas as expressed in his writings. He was profoundly
    influenced by H.G. Well's book "Future in America". Because of this Plenge saw WWI
    as a conflict between socialism and classical liberalism as expressed by Hayek, Adam
    Smith, John Stuart Mill, etc.... He saw WWI as a war to further socialistic
    concepts of government and economics.

    “Because in the sphere of ideas Germany was the most convinced exponent
    of all socialist dreams, and in the sphere of reality she was the most powerful ar-
    chitect of the most highly organized economic system.—In us is the twentieth
    century. However the war may end, we are the exemplary people. Our ideas
    will determine the aims of the life of humanity—World History experiences
    at present the colossal spectacle that with us a new great ideal of life penetrates
    to final victory, while at the same time in England one of the World-Historical
    principles finally collapses."

    Johann Plenge "1789 and 1914" p.20
    Remember, this is in the context of WWI, and not WWII, yet.

    The war economy created in Germany in 1914 “is the first realization of a
    socialist society and its spirit the first active, and not merely demanding, ap-
    pearance of a socialist spirit. The needs of the war have established the social-
    ist idea in German economic life, and thus the defense of our nation produced
    for humanity the idea of 1914, the idea of German organization, the people’s
    community (Volksgemeinschafi) of national socialism.'? ... Without our really
    noticing it the whole of our political life in state and industry has risen to a
    higher stage. State and economic life form a new . . . The feeling of eco-
    Nomic responsibility which characterizes the work of the civil servant pervades
    all private activity.”'* The new German corporative constitution of economic
    life, which Professor Plenge admits is not yet ripe or complete, “is the highest
    form of life of the state which has ever been known on earth.”!

    This quote is from The Road to Serfdom p.185 , but encapsulates quotes from Plenge's
    "1789 and 1914" pp. 82, 120, 121
    I will build further upon this foundation in coming posts. There is enough here, however, to demonstrate the political climate that for decades had existed before Hitler came to power, and why the German people were so susceptible to his ideology. Socialism laid the foundation upon which Hitler added his own ideas.

  9. #24
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis County, Mo.
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 123 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    61276
    The scariest part about libtards is NOT that TOL has become 'Snowflake Central', or that their own twisted brand of socialism is an actual threat..... nooooooo...... The scariest part is that they can't think, they can't even formulate relevant questions......

    "What are people missing?"

    Well, my Grandfather used to say....,
    "You will never get the right answer if you don't have the right question"

    Perhaps a much more relevant question is this.....

    After the last Presidential election, why do you idiots even consider the bogus polls?

    The vast majority of polls missed the the actual results by 9 to 12 percent! Claiming a margin of error of 2 to 3 percent...... my Lord........... some of you are slow learners....

  10. #25
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    St. Louis County, Mo.
    Posts
    658
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 123 Times in 97 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    61276
    What are people missing....


  11. #26
    Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 831 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    249396
    Quote Originally Posted by THall View Post
    Perhaps a much more relevant question is this.....

    After the last Presidential election, why do you idiots even consider the bogus polls?

    The vast majority of polls missed the the actual results by 9 to 12 percent!
    Well, let's take a look. The last average of polls at Real Clear Politics, which combines them for just that purpose:

    3.3 percent.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tein-5952.html

    About 135 million people voted in that election:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9ecd096e708f

    There were about 135 million votes cast. So her lead of 2.9 million votes was 2.1 percent more votes than Trump got. The prediction from a composite of the major polls was 3.3 percent.

    So off by 1.2 percent. The guys who fed you those other numbers just made them up.

    They had a little fun with your trust in them. Yeah, I know what Trump said. You guys still believe him?

    my Lord........... some of you are slow learners....
    Someone is. "You're a sucker only until you start thinking for yourself."
    Last edited by The Barbarian; January 11th, 2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Left out latest count of total number of votes
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  12. #27
    Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    6,542
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 831 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    249396
    And of course, the faked "electoral fraud commission" imploded after states refused to give confidential information to the commission, fraud data showed Trump followers voting twice, or voting for dead people, and even one of Trump's appointees to the commission turned out to have illegally voted.

    So much fail...
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us