User Tag List

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,598 Times in 15,108 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

Let the fun begin.
    Fun?

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You don't seem to get that ALL humans have their own spirit that lives within them.
    ALL HUMANS, she says....EXCEPT FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

This is what John is talking about.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (January 9th, 2018),JudgeRightly (January 21st, 2018),lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),patrick jane (January 8th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Fun?

ALL HUMANS, she says....EXCEPT FOR THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
    Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of the Father come as a man.

God came to die for the sins of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post

Heb. 2:16-17 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

This is why God's UNtruth is an antichrist just like popsthebuilder who quotes from the Quran.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    I don't go against any scriptures. It is a figment of your imagination.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 992 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. If a person joins a Catholic denomination, then they are submitting to that church's teachings. If a person joins the Baha'i religion, then they submit to that religion's teachings. I can show you false teachings of all the world's religions. Why be part of any false teachings? False doctrines are from demons.
    Please try to understand that though one believes core texts to be inspired by GOD; that in no way whatsoever correlated with a belief in whichever sect or division the book may be associated with.

Does that make sense to you?

Believing a book to have knowledge and truth and to have been inspired by GOD is not the same as following any particular sect, division, or religion.

If so then we are both guilty of being associated with any and all sects of Christianity.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people in the RCC that really didn't know any better and were frightened to check out other beliefs.

There really aren't excuses for that type of fear anymore.

So many people can get a Bible and know for themselves.

I know there are still people who live under fear and can't get a hold of the Bible, but that surely is not your problem.

Let's speak about people who can search, who have access to many books.

That would be you and me, and probably everyone who comes to this site to post.
    It was your questioning friend, but that is fine.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was your questioning friend, but that is fine.

And?

Are you going to answer?

Let's talk about people in free countries who have access to books.

How about that?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please try to understand that though one believes core texts to be inspired by GOD; that in no way whatsoever correlated with a belief in whichever sect or division the book may be associated with.

Does that make sense to you?

Believing a book to have knowledge and truth and to have been inspired by GOD is not the same as following any particular sect, division, or religion.

If so then we are both guilty of being associated with any and all sects of Christianity.

All religions and denominations have doctrines that could be false.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,923 Times in 12,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Galatians 1:6 KJV - I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (January 8th, 2018),JudgeRightly (January 21st, 2018),lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),steko (January 8th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good verses showing that Jesus was wholly man.

That is unjustified.
    Scripturally show that citing the Quran is a sign of the Antichrist or stop making false claims please.

(Says nothing about the manhood of Jesus or later texts or later prophets)

(The Quran indeed repeatedly states that Jesus is / was the Christ so what is it you are up to? Whatever it is it isn't honest. Not a good way to start for you is it? That's rhetorical by the way.)

( Good thing the Quran nor me nor gt deny that Christ came in the flesh; she said specifically that Christ/ the spirit of GOD came in the flesh as do i, and which is reiterated in the Quran)

[/QUOTE]

(So who are you accusing exactly?)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The early church identified books appropriate for reading in the church, and these were technically canonized, and there were additional books that were views]ed as valuable but not canonical.

Even Paul quoted pagan writers.

And Jesus quoted scripture that is not in the current canon.

Actually there are multiple canons from ancient times. I prefer the canon of the Church of the East.

That said, there are documents that some consider sacred that are composed of lies. My copy Quran, for example, explicitly denies the deity of Jesus Christ.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2003cobra For Your Post:

WatchmanOnTheWall (January 9th, 2018)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of the Father come as a man.

God came to die for the sins of the world.

I don't go against any scriptures. It is a figment of your imagination.
    GOD came to lead HIS creation home to HIM. Not to be a sacrifice to HIMSELF.

Last edited by popsthebuilder; January 10th, 2018 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post
    The early church identified books appropriate for reading in the church, and these were technically canonized, and there were additional books that were views]ed as valuable but not canonical.

Actually there are multiple canons from ancient times. I prefer the canon of the Church of the East.

That said, there are documents that some consider sacred that are composed of lies. My copy Quran, for example, explicitly denies the deity of Jesus Christ.
    Different versions surely have different levels and forms of bias.

I like the Etheopian Coptic because it has the book of Enoch

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very good verses showing that Jesus was wholly man.

That is unjustified.
    Scripturally show that citing the Quran is a sign of the Antichrist or stop making false claims please.

(Says nothing about the manhood of Jesus or later texts or later prophets)

(The Quran indeed repeatedly states that Jesus is / was the Christ so what is it you are up to? Whatever it is it isn't honest. Not a good way to start for you is it? That's rhetorical by the way.)

( Good thing the Quran nor me nor gt deny that Christ came in the flesh; she said specifically that Christ/ the spirit of GOD came in the flesh as do i, and which is reiterated in the Quran)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hey all you trinitarians, I think pops is saying that you and he are more alike than he and I.

I believe that Jesus' spirit is the the Spirit of God the Father Himself come as a man's.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2003cobra View Post

Odd. It should explicitly say that the word of GOD was given to Jesus and that He is of the closest to GOD

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all you trinitarians, I think pops is saying that you and he are more alike than he and I.[/QUOTE]If you came here to mock me then please leave.

If not then please explain that post.

You know well that I know well that there is One Spirit

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Galatians 1:6 KJV - I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    If you only knew that I was drawn to Christ by the Quran then perhaps you would keep from misusing sacred texts.

Thread Information