User Tag List

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 702

Thread: Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

  1. #571
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,268
    Thanks
    9,480
    Thanked 28,326 Times in 14,173 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147749
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    But I thought you said His spirit was that of a man as opposed to that of GOD/ holy ghost.
    Jesus is Divine and Human. As you have been told time and time again.

  2. #572
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,214
    Thanks
    2,587
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,173 Posts

    Blog Entries
    87
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471634

    Red face Divine logic................

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Firstly, you have to DEMEAN the HOLY BIBLE to DEFEND your falseness. You claim John said something wrong. No, you are the one saying wrong things.
    Readers can read what I wrote before and more properly interpret it, to determine if your claim above is true.

    You must know that you are in error when you have to demean the Holy Bible, as if God cannot preserve His written Word.
    See above.

    All need to convert to the Holy Bible and give up their false teachings.
    Your personal belief is noted.

    You cannot add and subtract to the Holy Bible and make your own god as if it is the one and only God.
    My theology neither insists or assumes the above. Anyone interested can let the words speak for themselves.

    One cannot limit the Infinite Spirit to one book. If this is your claim or 'belief', the burden of proof is upon you to provide the evidence for such a 'claim' or 'belief'. The thread is about discussion on that subject, - I've supplied points to challenge the 'assumption' of the Bible as the only 'sacred text' in the world, with supporting rationale and logic.

  3. #573
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 877 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    641441
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You shouldn't assume the Jews were as ignorant of I AM as you apparently are. Let's watch you distort yourself explaining this one 'Mary'.


    John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    You tryin' to prove Jesus is not the son of God?

    Scripture must have been fulfilled...

    King James Version
    If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;



    Luke 22

    37
    For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.


    This is why they went backwards when he said I am he....


    Psalms 70:2

    “Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.”

    John 18:6

    “As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.”



    Psalm 70 is the Son praying to His Father.

    Not some proof text he is God.

    The Father loves the Son and always hears Him.


    1
    Make haste, O God, to deliver me;

    make haste to help me, O LORD.
    2
    Let them be ashamed and confounded

    that seek after my soul:
    let them be turned backward, and put to confusion,
    that desire my hurt.
    3
    Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame

    that say, Aha, aha.
    4
    Let all those that seek thee

    rejoice and be glad in thee:
    and let such as love thy salvation
    say continually, Let God be magnified.
    5
    But I am poor and needy;

    make haste unto me, O God:
    thou art my help and my deliverer;
    O LORD, make no tarrying.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 17th, 2018)

  5. #574
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,268
    Thanks
    9,480
    Thanked 28,326 Times in 14,173 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147749
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    You tryin' to prove Jesus is not the son of God?
    No, I'm trying to prove that Jesus is God, was with God and was God before He became flesh and dwelt among us. Therefore, when He refers to Himself as I AM, He is telling them that He is God and was God from the beginning (even before Abraham).



    Scripture must have been fulfilled...

    King James Version
    If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

    Nice try, but the gods there were the Judges of Israel, and even they were called the children of the most High. He went on to say, if they didn't believe Him they should believe the work he was doing, and that the Father was in Him and He was in the Father. They sought to take him again, because they knew He was performing miracles...healing the lame and blind (even the Judges of Israel could not do that).

    Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

    The Jews knew what He was claiming, which is why they accused Him of blasphemy.

  6. #575
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 877 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    641441
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    No, I'm trying to prove that Jesus is God, was with God and was God before He became flesh and dwelt among us. Therefore, when He refers to Himself as I AM, He is telling them that He is God and was God from the beginning (even before Abraham).





    Nice try, but the gods there were the Judges of Israel, and even they were called the children of the most High. He went on to say, if they didn't believe Him they should believe the work he was doing, and that the Father was in Him and He was in the Father. They sought to take him again, because they knew He was performing miracles...healing the lame and blind (even the Judges of Israel could not do that).

    Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

    The Jews knew what He was claiming, which is why they accused Him of blasphemy.
    but nice try.

  7. #576
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Jesus is Divine and Human. As you have been told time and time again.
    Jesus came from heaven. You have said Jesus' flesh and spirit was not.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  8. #577
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Readers can read what I wrote before and more properly interpret it, to determine if your claim above is true.



    See above.



    Your personal belief is noted.



    My theology neither insists or assumes the above. Anyone interested can let the words speak for themselves.

    One cannot limit the Infinite Spirit to one book. If this is your claim or 'belief', the burden of proof is upon you to provide the evidence for such a 'claim' or 'belief'. The thread is about discussion on that subject, - I've supplied points to challenge the 'assumption' of the Bible as the only 'sacred text' in the world, with supporting rationale and logic.
    Go ahead and clear things up then:

    Do you believe that all the things in the Holy Bible are true and happened as said?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #578
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    You tryin' to prove Jesus is not the son of God?

    Scripture must have been fulfilled...

    King James Version
    If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;



    Luke 22

    37
    For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.


    This is why they went backwards when he said I am he....


    Psalms 70:2

    “Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt.”

    John 18:6

    “As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.”



    Psalm 70 is the Son praying to His Father.

    Not some proof text he is God.

    The Father loves the Son and always hears Him.


    1
    Make haste, O God, to deliver me;

    make haste to help me, O LORD.
    2
    Let them be ashamed and confounded

    that seek after my soul:
    let them be turned backward, and put to confusion,
    that desire my hurt.
    3
    Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame

    that say, Aha, aha.
    4
    Let all those that seek thee

    rejoice and be glad in thee:
    and let such as love thy salvation
    say continually, Let God be magnified.
    5
    But I am poor and needy;

    make haste unto me, O God:
    thou art my help and my deliverer;
    O LORD, make no tarrying.
    Are you starting to get it now?

    Jesus is the I AM.

    The I AM is God the Father.

    Understand now?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #579
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 877 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    641441
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Are you starting to get it now?

    Jesus is the I AM.

    The I AM is God the Father.

    Understand now?
    So.... God the Father was poor and needy?

  11. #580
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    So.... God the Father was poor and needy?
    Give the scripture.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  12. #581
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 877 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    641441
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Give the scripture.
    maybe you should read the quote before you hit the button?

  13. #582
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    maybe you should read the quote before you hit the button?
    So you don't have a scripture you would like to talk about?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  14. #583
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    So.... God the Father was poor and needy?
    The Father came as a Son of man in the flesh and become poor for our sake.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #584
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    33,893
    Thanks
    1,868
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 2,187 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    maybe you should read the quote before you hit the button?
    I thought you were finally starting to understand but it looks like if you were, you lost it.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  16. #585
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,973
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 877 Posts

    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    641441
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I thought you were finally starting to understand but it looks like if you were, you lost it.
    Looks more like you and glory should stop fighting.

    You two got more in common than you know.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. freelight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us