User Tag List

Page 1 of 149 12341151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2224

Thread: Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

  1. #1
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747

    Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

    Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

    I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

    These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

    Let the fun begin.

    I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

    Regardless...

    peace

    Please leave your negativity and name calling at the door.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

    freelight (January 10th, 2018),quip (July 5th, 2018)

  3. #2
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13,367
    Thanks
    27,327
    Thanked 21,264 Times in 11,732 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

    I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

    These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

    I believed that too, before 38 years ago when Jesus Christ actually saved me, for real.

    Let the fun begin.

    I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

    Regardless...

    peace

    Please leave your negativity and name calling at the door.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    My response was by necessity negative, my being obligated to the truth.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    glorydaz (January 8th, 2018),jsanford108 (January 22nd, 2018),JudgeRightly (January 21st, 2018),lifeisgood (January 23rd, 2018),Right Divider (January 9th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018),Tnkrbl123! (April 30th, 2018)

  5. #3
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    I believed that too, before 38 years ago when Jesus Christ actually saved me, for real.



    My response was by necessity negative, my being obligated to the truth.
    That wasn't negative except for your final little remark.

    I was really saved too at age thirty and have never been baptised or circumcised of the flesh.

    What does that have to do with the topic though?

    Did the Spirit of of GOD come to you demanding that you read only the Bible, or tell you to divide the faithful to GOD along religious lines or.....?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  6. #4
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Per repeated request in am starting this thread. It will no doubt cause many to turn their backs on me, but that does not matter to me. I have been alone my whole life pretty much, yet never really was.

    I believe that all core sacred monotheistic texts are profitable for scripture unless they outright plainly deny the Christ. This even goes for a few writings that are generally seen as polytheistic yet in actuality show themselves to ultimately glorify One merciful Creator of all existence.

    These writings include but are not limited to the Bible, Quran, book of Enoch, the Torah, the Zend Avesta, writings ascribed to the Baha'i faith, the Gita, upinishads and other writings.

    Let the fun begin.

    I will actually be surprised if I get any intelligible coversation from this except for from maybe one person.

    Regardless...

    peace

    Please leave your negativity and name calling at the door.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    What do you think about the Catholic Religion and the Mormons? How about Pentecostal?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  7. #5
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What do you think about the Catholic Religion and the Mormons? How about Pentecostal?
    I think some of them are surely faithful to GOD.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    That wasn't negative except for your final little remark.

    I was really saved too at age thirty and have never been baptised or circumcised of the flesh.

    What does that have to do with the topic though?

    Did the Spirit of of GOD come to you demanding that you read only the Bible, or tell you to divide the faithful to GOD along religious lines or.....?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I know you are speaking to Steko, but I would like to answer too as if you were asking me also.

    Jesus showed me how demons are in false doctrines.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #7
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    I think some of them are surely faithful to GOD.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Don't you know about demons?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #8
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    I know you are speaking to Steko, but I would like to answer too as if you were asking me also.

    Jesus showed me how demons were in false doctrines.
    As He did me.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Don't you know about demons?
    Very well. Did you see the word some?

    I will never condemn a whole people for the actions of some.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    As He did me.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    So then why are so many different religions and denominations okay with you when they have doctrines of demons?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  13. #11
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    So then why are so many different religions and denominations okay with you when they have doctrines of demons?
    It isn't the division I am okay with. It is that individuals within these sects have the capacity to follow Christ regardless of the direction of the mass.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to popsthebuilder For Your Post:

    freelight (January 10th, 2018),Myrrhcask (January 29th, 2018)

  15. #12
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Very well. Did you see the word some?

    I will never condemn a whole people for the actions of some.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Actions of some? When a person joins a religion or denomination, they are submitting to that denomination's teachings. If a denomination or religion teaches things taught by demons, then the member is partaking of it.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  16. #13
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    It isn't the division I am okay with. It is that individuals within these sects have the capacity to follow Christ regardless of the direction of the mass.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    No. If a person joins a Catholic denomination, then they are submitting to that church's teachings. If a person joins the Baha'i religion, then they submit to that religion's teachings. I can show you false teachings of all the world's religions. Why be part of any false teachings? False doctrines are from demons.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #14
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,869
    Thanks
    3,019
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64747
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Actions of some? When a person joins a religion or denomination, they are submitting to that denomination's teachings. If a denomination or religion teaches things taught by demons, then the member is partaking of it.
    Not all submit to all the teachings of man though they may be in a particular sect. We are told that many are lead astray by others. Do you fault literally all Catholics you ever knew or not or did you fault the errenious teachings and actions of the ancient rcc?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

  18. #15
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,504
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 2,693 Times in 2,477 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    Not all submit to all the teachings of man though they may be in a particular sect. We are told that many are lead astray by others. Do you fault literally all Catholics you ever knew or not or did you fault the errenious teachings and actions of the ancient rcc?
    There are people in the RCC that really didn't know any better and were frightened to check out other beliefs.

    There really aren't excuses for that type of fear anymore.

    So many people can get a Bible and know for themselves.

    I know there are still people who live under fear and can't get a hold of the Bible, but that surely is not your problem.

    Let's speak about people who can search, who have access to many books.

    That would be you and me, and probably everyone who comes to this site to post.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    popsthebuilder (January 8th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us