User Tag List

Page 135 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3585125132133134135136137138145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2224

Thread: Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,400 Times in 1,181 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be conflating believer with Christian; as if it is not the will of GOD that all be reconciled to HIM, or that all is not HIS creation alone, or that HE is without the power to lead us towards HIM, or that HE knowingly decided to make man in order for them to be eternally tortured for what HE gave them the capacity for, knowingly.

Your lack of understanding is profound.

Thankfully our GOD is merciful and understanding and all knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    The believer has no other core text but the Bible. What other core text is there for a Christian?
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 Times in 2,483 Posts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    You seem to be conflating believer with Christian; as if it is not the will of GOD that all be reconciled to HIM, or that all is not HIS creation alone, or that HE is without the power to lead us towards HIM, or that HE knowingly decided to make man in order for them to be eternally tortured for what HE gave them the capacity for, knowingly.

Your lack of understanding is profound.

Thankfully our GOD is merciful and understanding and all knowing.

You did not answer the question. What other core text is there for the Christian besides the Bible?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (June 13th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any that they aren't too scared to read or too blinded to comprehend.
    You did not answer the question. What other core text is there for the Christian besides the Bible?

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any that they aren't too scared to read or too blinded to comprehend.

Still no answer. What other core text is there for the Christian besides the Bible. You need not be hesitant to answer. All I can do is disagree.

Jim Elliot

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 1,643 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, the Koran is considered scripture? And a Christian needs to follow that as well? Surely that's a bad joke right?
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Wait, the Koran is considered scripture? And a Christian needs to follow that as well? Surely that's a bad joke right?
    No one said the Quran was the Scripture.

Thanks

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No one said the Quran was the Scripture.

How much authority does the Quran have? Is it on the same level as scripture?

Jim Elliot

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One is for a certain people and the other for another; yet they teach the same things to the same people for the same purpose. You keep wanting to pit one against the other without actually cparing the two; when in reality the support and verify one another.
    How much authority does the Quran have? Is it on the same level as scripture?

Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,143 Times in 3,908 Posts

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is for a certain people and the other for another; yet they teach the same things to the same people for the same purpose. You keep wanting to pit one against the other without actually cparing the two; when in reality the support and verify one another.

They do not teach the same things. For example:

Quran 4:157-158

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

That's what the Quran says about Christ appearances after his DBR.

Here's what the Bible says:

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. - 1 Corinthians 15:3-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

So either Paul is a liar, as is everyone (over 500 others) who saw Jesus after His appearances to them post-resurrection, or Muhammad is lying. I'm going to say Muhammad is wrong on this, not Paul.

https://crossexamined.org/jesus-bibl...contradiction/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    They do not teach the same things. For example:

Quran 4:157-158

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

That's what the Quran says about Christ appearances after his DBR.

Here's what the Bible says:

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise.For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. - 1 Corinthians 15:3-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

So either Paul is a liar, as is everyone (over 500 others) who saw Jesus after His appearances to them post-resurrection, or Muhammad is lying. I'm going to say Muhammad is wrong on this, not Paul.

https://crossexamined.org/jesus-bibl...contradiction/
    What are you going on about?

The Spirit of GOD never died.

The Holy Temple was destroyed and raised back up.

This is not refuted by the Quran.

What teachings are you focusing on? The only one that is relevant is the teaching on what one does. Guess what! Both say to DO the same thing for the same reason.

the Quran doesn't refute that Jesus is the Messiah. It refutes that any can kill GOD.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heart is where the Spirit's testament is hidden, your basing your beliefs second hand on an outside source that now sits on your throne.
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thanks

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you going on about?

The Spirit of GOD never died.

The Holy Temple was destroyed and raised back up.

This is not refuted by the Quran.

What teachings are you focusing on? The only one that is relevant is the teaching on what one does. Guess what! Both say to DO the same thing for the same reason.

the Quran doesn't refute that Jesus is the Messiah. It refutes that any can kill GOD.

To re-respond to this...

I said and showed that the Quran claims explicitly that Jesus WAS NOT CRUCIFIED.

I then showed that the Bible CLEARLY STATES THAT CHRIST WAS IN FACT CRUCIFIED.

The Law of non-contradiction states that both the Quran and the Bible cannot be correct. It's one or the other.

Which one is correct, Pops, the Quran, which states that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible, which states (John 19:16-18 and other passages) that Jesus WAS crucified?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What don't you get about the temporal and material perishing but the Spirit not?
    To re-respond to this...

I said and showed that the Quran claims explicitly that Jesus WAS NOT CRUCIFIED.

I then showed that the Bible CLEARLY STATES THAT CHRIST WAS IN FACT CRUCIFIED.

The Law of non-contradiction states that both the Quran and the Bible cannot be correct. It's one or the other.

Which one is correct, Pops, the Quran, which states that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible, which states (John 19:16-18 and other passages) that Jesus WAS crucified?

Thanks

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What don't you get about the temporal and material perishing but the Spirit not?

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

My point is that either the Quran is correct when it says that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible is correct when it says that Jesus WAS crucified. It can't be both.

Pops, WHICH IS CORRECT?:

A) The Quran (Jesus was not crucified)
    B) The Bible (Jesus was crucified)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has everything to do with it and shows both texts to be correct.

You just refuse to admit it.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

My point is that either the Quran is correct when it says that Jesus was not crucified, or the Bible is correct when it says that Jesus WAS crucified. It can't be both.

Pops, WHICH IS CORRECT?:

A) The Quran (Jesus was not crucified)
    B) The Bible (Jesus was crucified)

Thread Information