Thread: The "Nation" of Mt 22

Thanks
    Thanked 21,747 Times in 12,642 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    People, because you can't put one nation there in place of the nation Israel, because it (the Christian following) was going to be from many nations.
    That church was all Jewish.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (January 30th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Odd, the difference between actual Bible students and book readers.

And this is a practice I have often observed over the years.

Those who actually invest a heavy amount of time in Scripture, behave much like the Bereans of Acts 17: 11, 12 when going back and forth with one another about "the things of God."

"Comparing spiritual things with spiritual" to one another.

In other words, speaking forth "the things of God...not in words which man's wisdom teacheth, but that the Holy Ghost teacheth" to one another, due to their heavy amount of time in His Word Itself.

They tend to be that way and to expect that of any one professing to be "of the Book."

For that is how "the things of God...are spiritually discerned" - through - HIS - words - in HIS - WORD - "as - IT - is WRITTEN."

Why?

Is it that such are rabid or something?

Not necessarily. Theirs is just as likely to be the joy of...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

In stark contrast to that, heavy book readers tend to speak to one another and others in the word imagery or "writer-eez" of their favorite writers; a part of one passage of Scripture or another (if that much) often misquoted, and or proven having been understood from a context other than its own.

And such take great offense the obvious their study approach so clearly points to but to for them; given their having come to so enjoy the long robes their books based words so adorn them in before the less informed.

Took some getting used to, back when I first began dealing with other Believers and or was visiting various assemblies.

And rattling off a few passages verbatim due to time actually heavily invested in Scripture, and as the basis of what one holds to, throughout a conversation with such, is often a good way to find that conversation abruptly ended with one excuse or another, just before that odd look the book reader gives such, after which the thing often ends with the empty platitude "God bless..."

Acts 7:1 Then said the high priest, Are these things so? 7:2 And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran, 7:3 And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee...

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Now there is a way to go out - OVER relyers on their endless books "about" and their "traditions of men" be damned.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Amen, brothers Stephen and Paul!

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Do you have anything to say about examples of 'ethnos' or did you forget that was the topic?
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I don't understand your point, here.

Thanks, STP, I agree.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,788 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks, STP, I agree.
    STP is erroneously asserting that only the 144, 000 male virgin Jews will be Priests in a Kingdom of Priests.

In contrast...

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

I suppose Peter was addressing said 144,000?

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Acts 17: 11, 12.

And then there is what you make of said 144, 000, within your approach, IP.

So, no surprise you also failed to understand my point.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,747 Times in 12,642 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    STP is erroneously asserting that only the 144, 000 male virgin Jews will be Priests in a Kingdom of Priests.

In contrast...

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Acts 17: 11, 12.

And then there is what you make of said 144, 000, within your approach, IP.

So, no surprise you also failed to understand my point.

The 144,000 are caught up at the midpoint of the tribulation. Study and see.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Tambora (January 30th, 2018)

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Danoh;5165316]STP is erroneously asserting that only the 144, 000 male virgin Jews will be Priests in a Kingdom of Pri
    /QUOTE]

Hi and read Rev 1:6 And He HATH MADE / POIEO us Kings and PRIESTS unto God and His Father , to be glory and dominion for ever and ever , amen !!

So , there will be Kings and PRIESTS in the Millennium !!

The 12 apostles will Judge Israel during the 1000 years , and the Body of Christ is not seen here at all !!

Kings / BASILEUS means Leader of people , Prince , Lord of the LAND , or KING !!

PRIEST / HIEREUS means Priest , High Priest , ot a Priest with scared rites !!

We see from Ezek 40:39 there will be sacrifices and FEAST DAYS as written in Ezk 45:17 !!

From verse 7 we see the second coming of Christ !!

dan p

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The OP refers to a total of 2 passages.

Thread Information