User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Establishing their own righteousness, Rom 9; historian Foerster on Pharisaism

  1. #16
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Behold, the days come when I WILL MAKE....




    ...as in put into effect on earth to deal with the mess of the old one. Are you the only one who does not know that the Lamb was considered slain since the foundation of the world, I Pet 1:20. ? When Is 9 gives so much detail about him 700 earth years ahead of time, when was he being the way Is 9 says he was? Only for 33 years in the 1st century?

    Jn 17:24. God honored Christ for being the Gospel before the world was created.

    That is why a "new" covenant is not new in the earthen sense, it was already there before this risk was taken, called mankind. that is also why it is not about the land of Israel. That is also why it was for all nations from the very beginning.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  2. #17
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 21,715 Times in 12,632 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147813
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    ...as in put into effect on earth to deal with the mess of the old one. Are you the only one who does not know that the Lamb was considered slain since the foundation of the world, I Pet 1:20. ? When Is 9 gives so much detail about him 700 earth years ahead of time, when was he being the way Is 9 says he was? Only for 33 years in the 1st century?

    Jn 17:24. God honored Christ for being the Gospel before the world was created.

    That is why a "new" covenant is not new in the earthen sense, it was already there before this risk was taken, called mankind. that is also why it is not about the land of Israel. That is also why it was for all nations from the very beginning.
    All speculation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Right Divider (January 8th, 2018),steko (January 8th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018)

  4. #18
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    All speculation...




    I don't take you seriously because you won't write out your thoughts completely. You just want to dictate, and you do that one concept at a time like Acts 13's offer was only for certain people.

    If you are going to answer the assertions, write out your view in a complete paragraph. Write out an interp of I Pet 1 or Jn 17. The problem: you will soon see there is no speculation about it. It is people like you with your chain of proof texts who are speculation. You are shocked to wake up each morning and find out that we don't need Chafer and Ryrie's system after all. The Bible is unified and makes sense on its own without them.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  5. #19
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    How do you lay a stone in Zion when the stone is a person, and when Jerusalem is in a covenant with death?
    How is it that the "real writer and grammar scholar" does not understand figures of speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    On the remnant, there are many more verses than that one.
    Really? I'm shocked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I'm talking about the remnant vs the multitude pretty much all through Israel's history; cp I Cor 10.
    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    We are definitely more than 1000 years from that because you can build things on something that doesn't exist! Rev21:1: the first earth had passed away.
    Fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (January 8th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018)

  7. #20
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    All speculation...
    ... and fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (January 8th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018)

  9. #21
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 21,715 Times in 12,632 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147813
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I don't take you seriously because you won't write out your thoughts completely.
    I am brief and to the point.

    The Bible tells us who the NC is made with, and when. Your eternal covenant theory does not match the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Right Divider (January 8th, 2018),steko (January 8th, 2018),Tambora (January 8th, 2018)

  11. #22
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    How is it that the "real writer and grammar scholar" does not understand figures of speech?


    Really? I'm shocked.


    So?


    Fiction.




    The problem on figures of speech is that D'ists don't. Then, they don't know what they mean when they see them in all the NT, like the 'priestly duty' of preaching to the Gentiles.

    on the remnant, you sound like you never knew they existed, or how many there are, or how much of the structure they form or how deep they run--having been started in Is 11 if not earlier.

    The case in point is that you don't realize that the NT sees the remnant all the time; that it was the only community that mattered, that the race/state was a fiction of Judaism. It says so in Gal 3:17 when it refers to the law replacing the promise, which is the real RT problem, not the one touted today.

    There is no NHNE until this earth is vaporized or otherwise melted down. That's why there is no Judaic aspect to the future in the most complete and longest doctrinal section (non-symbolic), 2 Peter 3. Which, by the way, mentions the NHNE>
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  12. #23
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Thanks
    3,463
    Thanked 21,715 Times in 12,632 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147813
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    There is no NHNE until this earth is vaporized or otherwise melted down. That's why there is no Judaic aspect to the future in the most complete and longest doctrinal section (non-symbolic), 2 Peter 3. Which, by the way, mentions the NHNE>
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (January 26th, 2018),Tambora (January 14th, 2018)

  14. #24
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    The OP of this thread refers to a total of 2 passages, although there are several examples of the present kingdom.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  15. #25
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The problem on figures of speech is that D'ists don't.
    Is that another "real writer and grammar scholar" sentence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Then, they don't know what they mean when they see them in all the NT, like the 'priestly duty' of preaching to the Gentiles.
    Scripture?

    This priestly duty TO GENTILES only exists when Israel is separate from gentiles. That is NOT what is going on in the dispensation of the grace of God where there is NO DIFFERENCE between the two. Do you remain completely ignorant to the FACT that Paul NEVER ONCE uses the word priest (or priesthood) in ANY of his epistles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    on the remnant, you sound like you never knew they existed, or how many there are, or how much of the structure they form or how deep they run--having been started in Is 11 if not earlier.
    Liar. I know that Romans 11:4 refers to 1 Kings 19:18

    There have been a number of remnants of Israel over their history. The LORD Jesus Christ came to gather a remnant when He came to earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The case in point is that you don't realize that the NT sees the remnant all the time; that it was the only community that mattered, that the race/state was a fiction of Judaism. It says so in Gal 3:17 when it refers to the law replacing the promise, which is the real RT problem, not the one touted today.
    You don't seem to know what REMNANT means.

    remĚnant
    ˈremnənt/
    noun

    • 1.
      a small remaining quantity of something.
      synonyms: remains, remainder, leftovers, residue, rest;technicalresiduum
      "the remnants of the picnic"

    The REMNANT referred to in the Bible is the REMNANT of ISRAEL.

    Paul refers to one such remnant in Romans 11 (which is a reference to 1 Kings 19:18).

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    There is no NHNE until this earth is vaporized or otherwise melted down.
    Which is STILL a MINIMUM of 1000 years away. The LORD Jesus Christ will rule on the "old" earth for 1000 years BEFORE the NHNE come.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    That's why there is no Judaic aspect to the future in the most complete and longest doctrinal section (non-symbolic), 2 Peter 3. Which, by the way, mentions the NHNE>
    I always love a good "mention".
    Last edited by Right Divider; January 24th, 2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    steko (January 26th, 2018),Tambora (January 24th, 2018)

  17. #26
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    Right Divider wrote:
    Scripture?

    This priestly duty TO GENTILES only exists when Israel is separate from gentiles. That is NOT what is going on in the dispensation of the grace of God where there is NO DIFFERENCE between the two. Do you remain completely ignorant to the FACT that Paul NEVER ONCE uses the word priest (or priesthood) in ANY of his epistles?


    Are you unable to see the contradiction in that paragraph? Anyway, the passage is Rom 15:16.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  18. #27
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    RD wrote:
    Which is STILL a MINIMUM of 1000 years away. The LORD Jesus Christ will rule on the "old" earth for 1000 years BEFORE the NHNE come.

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    That's why there is no Judaic aspect to the future in the most complete and longest doctrinal section (non-symbolic), 2 Peter 3. Which, by the way, mentions the NHNE>
    I always love a good "mention".




    ??? There is no Judaic aspect to the future in the several NT passages about it. There is no rule on the earth as you think; it is the kingdom now through the preaching of the Gospel, in conflict with the forces of darkness around the world. that's why the only place mentioning the 1000 years is the image-rich Rev 20, not in any of the ordinary language passages of the NT. And it is not Judaic. It is about the reign of the believers now.

    "The rest of the dead are not raised until 1000 years ended" means we know the brave believers of the church's history are victorious in Christ but other dead people are not raised until the end of the reign, for judgement. Notice the language connection about those given thrones (20:4), and Jesus own declarations at the last supper...
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  19. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    13,717
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 718 Times in 635 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    206928
    Paul used that language about priestly duty and also compared himself to being a priest, I Cor 9:13, 14. But all believers are priests and are to offer spiritual sacrifices, 'spiritual' being that dirty word that rom 12 uses in 12:1. Priests do offerings, as you know.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  20. #29
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,889
    Thanks
    10,106
    Thanked 17,809 Times in 10,076 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Paul used that language about priestly duty and also compared himself to being a priest, I Cor 9:13, 14. But all believers are priests and are to offer spiritual sacrifices, 'spiritual' being that dirty word that rom 12 uses in 12:1. Priests do offerings, as you know.
    Always confusing Paul's analogies.... you read fiction into everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    Tambora (January 29th, 2018)

  22. #30
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,455
    Thanks
    157,816
    Thanked 46,042 Times in 28,336 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148161
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Always confusing Paul's analogies.... you read fiction into everything.
    Yeppers.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us