User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Local church question for MADs

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,826 Times in 2,180 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I thought 2P2P as an expression was banned for being ambiguous.
    @Sherman

Admins have the ability to censor the word and replace it with a phrase each time it appears in a post. The same admin function that obfuscates profanities can be used to accomplish this task.

Humor to start the day:

For example, each time the word "Calvinism" appears, it could be replaced with "the most accurate rendering of the teachings of Scripture, Calvinism, "

Just sayin'.

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

patrick jane (January 12th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,746 Times in 12,642 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
    The irony...
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (January 11th, 2018),heir (January 11th, 2018),musterion (January 11th, 2018),patrick jane (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 11th, 2018)

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I believe I have made my point, and have basically stopped posting on this thread, DP.

But very well, I'll address your cluelessness...

My take on those passages is more or less the same as yours, DP.

No problem there.

But that was not why I quoted those passages.

I quoted those passages - not to you - but to Musti - and within the context of what he has been talking about in this thread.

He has been talking about his seeking to find a home within a non-Mystery based assembly.

Which I have strongly disagreed with.

THAT is why I quoted the following passages to HIM...

Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

You come along, DP, and pull a hybrid (forming a conclusion absent of a thing's actual, near, and remote context, and so on).

God love ya, DP.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Hi and you did not address my reply , in Gal 5:8 , O WELL !!

dan p

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

glorydaz (January 12th, 2018)

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and to bad and they is no one who can rebuke what I wrote , concerning Gal 2:14 as Peter was PROSELYTING Galatian believers and Paul in verse 11 resisted Peter to his face because Peter was having been condemned !!

I have been out of the loop for a month and if I get banned for Gal 2:14 , do it !!

I am not harmed by nor afraid of what INERPLANNER has to say concerning what Kingdom teachers VS the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

dan p
    Last edited by DAN P; January 11th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

glorydaz (January 12th, 2018),patrick jane (January 12th, 2018)

The Flying Troll Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,766 Times in 8,313 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He put a space in it to get rid of the reftagging. I banned it because of the reftagging confusion. When you post it without the space I get this----> 2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow ...Second Peter Chapter 2.
    That Reftag has nothing to do with the discussion.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,418 Times in 11,254 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    He put a space in it to get rid of the reftagging. I banned it because of the reftagging confusion. When you post it without the space I get this----> 2 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow ...Second Peter Chapter 2.
    Oh but it does!
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (January 11th, 2018),Lon (January 11th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,826 Times in 2,180 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Oh but it does!
    What a hoot! Sometimes the machine is smarter that the masters of the machine.

AMR
    Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; January 11th, 2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

Lon (January 11th, 2018),musterion (January 13th, 2018),Sherman (January 13th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 2,712 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Similar to 1M1S (Maccabees 1:1)
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 2,712 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Anyone would do better than Danoh. He would find fault with the church in Ephesus.
    "Bah, they're too spiritual. LOL"
    Revelation 2:4 ?
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks
    Thanked 35,319 Times in 17,746 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post

And you have just called God a racist for all those centuries He placed one ethnicity: Jews - above all the others of the earth, which He do again, one day.
    Hmmm....Is that what you call it?

Ezekiel 36:17-22
    Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018),musterion (January 12th, 2018),patrick jane (January 12th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only a leftist would misuse the Bible to make a specious response as that. Don't be fooled.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only a leftist would misuse the Bible to make a specious response as that. Don't be fooled.
    lol, in the towns I live around it's just the same like you say. There's a Church and all over it it says the big D, until I went and then well...

Just go,worship God at the end if you consider it the same and leave,well if the two of you go it will be worth it. lol go to Church for someone else...

The Flying Troll Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,766 Times in 8,313 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    What a hoot! Sometimes the machine is smarter that the masters of the machine.

AMR
    ​I find it a bit humorous, but it still is confusing to a lot of members.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (January 13th, 2018),Grosnick Marowbe (February 15th, 2018),patrick jane (January 13th, 2018),Tambora (January 13th, 2018)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The OP refers to a total of 1 passage.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We visited the church yesterday. Nice folks but that's pretty much to be expected anywhere. One traditional hymn, the rest were canned contemporary muzak with touchy-feely lyrics. The sermon was out of 1 Timothy.

I had not realized this from their website but it turns out the church is affiliated with Grace Evangelical Society. From what I read, some GES churches have been in slow-motion split mode over several issues, not least of which is the "crossless Gospel" heresy. This seems to be largely attributed to Bob Wilkin, current GES president. My wife was not familiar with anything about GES (apart from knowing I've been getting their magazines since I was a IFB...never bothered removing my name from their list and there is almost no "meat" each issue...if there is it's almost by accident...the rest is doctrinal soy "meat").

Anyway, I showed her two booklets from the lobby by Wilkin where John 5:24, etc is presented as the gospel of salvation -- "believing in Jesus unto eternal life" -- hence the cross-less gospel. I am happy that she understood exactly what the problem is. For people who believe as Wilkin does, it's all about eternal life...which is fine, but it's almost completely taken out of John.

The cross and resurrection is mentioned but rarely preached, and never (that I've seen) preached with Pauline clarity as God's means of our salvation. Why don't they? Because John didn't. So I think it'd be tough for them to deny anyone is unsaved if they "believe in Jesus." Catholics, Mormons, Meshak, etc, all "believe in Jesus" for eternal life. Would GES say they now have eternal life? Good question.

Do I know that GES people, at least those who believe as Wilkin does, have trusted the DBR for forgiveness, justification, sanctification and eternal life? No, I do not know that. If one goes by Wilkin's writings, there's good reason to doubt it.

And that's the strange thing here. The church's website had a pretty clear presentation of the gospel of the grace of God. That's why I decided we should visit...whatever other doctrinal disagreements might be, if we agree on the saving Gospel, there can be fellowship in Him on that basis.

So I'm going to have to ask the pastor why this major disconnect. Surely he's heard of this crossless controversy so I assume he has to have.

The fact (as repeatedly preached by MADs on TOL) is, the cross as preached by Paul is presented nowhere in John. To ASSUME John had it in mind when he wrote (which GES folks seem to do) is still an assumption, and a very dangerous one.

Will keep posted whoever is interested on this.
    Terence Mc Lean

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

patrick jane (January 22nd, 2018),Tambora (January 22nd, 2018)

Thread Information