User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 262

Thread: The Wrath of God

  1. #76
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    17,783
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 1,196 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50002
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus washes away the sins of the people who come to him and ask for forgiveness.
    Then you dont believe in Christ. You believe sins are washed away because of what man does and not because of what Christ did for them.

  2. #77
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    17,783
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 1,196 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    50002
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus washes away the sins of the people who come to him and ask for forgiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Holy Spirit enlightens us and draws us to Christ, not the law. In the judgment God will see us "In Christ" and we will escape judgment and his wrath.
    Did th e Holy Spirit enlighten you when you teach Christ Blood alone does not save them it was shed for ?

  3. #78
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    See then, you believe as I do that we repent of our sins and die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.


    I am glad that you believe as I do that we repent after being saved if we sin.

    So many here say no to that.


    Jesus does say that with thankfulness the food is made clean.
    Humans are not food for humans.

    We are to abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.



    I know what you mean; but it is also refreshing and so good to hear truth in this world of so much false teachings. Jesus says he wants us to be like-minded.




    That sounds good to me.
    Exactly

    Humans are NOT food for humans....but why?


    Just like pig is not food for believers...we know why.

    Things strangled or full of blood are also NOT food.

    This implies the dietary regulations ARE in place.

    Please don’t tell me a pig or dog or snake if NOT strangled or NOT full of blood IS food...

    Killing something unclean correctly or draining its blood does NOT make it clean.

    And eating clean meat offered to idols makes it unclean.
    Last edited by clefty; January 4th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

  4. #79
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Exactly

    Humans are NOT food for humans....but why?


    Just like pig is not food for believers...we know why.

    Things strangled or full of blood are also NOT food.

    This implies the dietary regulations ARE in place.

    Please don’t tell me a pig or dog or snake if NOT strangled or NOT full of blood IS food...

    Killing something unclean correctly or draining its blood does NOT make it clean.

    And eating clean meat offered to idols makes it unclean.

    Jesus told Peter that nothing was unclean, Acts 10:9-16.

  5. #80
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Jesus told Peter that nothing was unclean, Acts 10:9-16.
    Peter himself did not translate the vision that way.

    Instead verse 28

    “Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.”

    It was NOT about making unclean meats clean but to spread the gospel to gentiles...

    Or you mean they are food now? LOL

  6. #81
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Peter himself did not translate the vision that way.

    Instead verse 28

    “Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.”

    It was NOT about making unclean meats clean but to spread the gospel to gentiles...

    Or you mean they are food now? LOL

    You have a terrible time with scripture. You are always interpreting it in the light of your religion.

    There are no more laws or rules concerning what you eat, Go get a ham sandwich.

  7. #82
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You have a terrible time with scripture. You are always interpreting it in the light of your religion.

    There are no more laws or rules concerning what you eat, Go get a ham sandwich.
    You talking to me or Peter?

  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    You talking to me or Peter?
    Hahahahaha Good one. I am going to use that.

  9. #84
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You have a terrible time with scripture. You are always interpreting it in the light of your religion.

    There are no more laws or rules concerning what you eat, Go get a ham sandwich.
    What do you do to please Jesus?

  10. #85
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,062
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 1,171 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348081
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    What do you do to please Jesus?
    God is pleased with Jesus and I am in Jesus.

  11. #86
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Peter himself did not translate the vision that way.

    Instead verse 28

    “Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.”

    It was NOT about making unclean meats clean but to spread the gospel to gentiles...

    Or you mean they are food now? LOL
    Well, it was the same.

    Unclean meat is symbolic of keeping separate from unclean people.

    God did say everything eaten with thanks is clean.

    That does not mean we can eat humans as you said earlier.

    We also cannot eat blood and strangled things.

  12. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Exactly

    Humans are NOT food for humans....but why?


    Just like pig is not food for believers...we know why.

    Things strangled or full of blood are also NOT food.

    This implies the dietary regulations ARE in place.

    Please don’t tell me a pig or dog or snake if NOT strangled or NOT full of blood IS food...

    Killing something unclean correctly or draining its blood does NOT make it clean.

    And eating clean meat offered to idols makes it unclean.
    There are people who eat dogs. There are people who survived on eating snakes. There are countries of people like Thailand who survive on eating shrimp.

  13. #88
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Did th e Holy Spirit enlighten you when you teach Christ Blood alone does not save them it was shed for ?
    Just because you finally got what John Calvin was teaching does not mean it is true and that God enlightened you with truth.

    Don't forget that Satan masquerades as an angel of light.

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,740
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 2,418 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Then you dont believe in Christ. You believe sins are washed away because of what man does and not because of what Christ did for them.
    God does not save unbelievers.

    You denomination is false.

  15. #90
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,912
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 394 Times in 359 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    9714
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Well, it was the same.

    Unclean meat is symbolic of keeping separate from unclean people.

    God did say everything eaten with thanks is clean.

    That does not mean we can eat humans as you said earlier.

    We also cannot eat blood and strangled things.
    Why not eat humans? I have even heard argued the Eucharist defended for eating human flesh and drinking human blood...

    Just give thanks beforehand...

    surely Paul told Peter?...yet Peter refused to eat unclean...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us