User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 262

Thread: The Wrath of God

  1. #16
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    If the work of salvation is done and God sees you as perfect and complete in Christ then what can you do to add to that? The answer is nothing. This is why... "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.
    Nothing? How about living a life of testimony to that saving grace which transformed you from what you were to what you are now...assuming you make any changes at all...probably not because you live a “no rules” life...

    “Do what thou wilt” is not how we bare fruits and do the works prepared for us to do...

    Here are they that keep the commandments and have the faith of Him His Son...

    You wish the law done away with but it remains the very law you need to be grafted into and in Him...when the day of Judgement comes (which uses the Law you throw away)
    Last edited by clefty; December 27th, 2017 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #17
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Nothing? How about living a life of testimony to that saving grace which transformed you from what you were to what you are now...assuming you make any changes at all...probably not because you live a “no rules” life...

    “Do what thou wilt” is not how we bare fruits and do the works prepared for us to do...

    Here are they that keep the commandments and have the faith of Him His Son...

    You wish the law done away with but it remains the very law you need to be grafted into and in Him...when the day of Judgement comes (which uses the Law you throw away)

    I didn't say that the law was abolished, Paul did, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Your argument is not with me, its with Paul. Why don't you just scrap your Bible and write your own?

  3. #18
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368237
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I didn't say that the law was abolished, Paul did, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Your argument is not with me, its with Paul. Why don't you just scrap your Bible and write your own?
    Same ole same old line, no matter how many times it is explained . . .

    And the veil over the heart, mind, and eyes, when you read the primary covenant, will not be removed until your heart turns back toward the Father. Oh yeah, wait, you do not read the primary covenant because you say it is for murderers, fornicators, and sinners, even though you claim to be "chief of sinners".

  4. #19
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    18,350
    Thanks
    530
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,535 Posts

    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52161
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I don't? I did? Where? You are full of false accusations, just like your father.
    You teach those things every day and been doing it for years!

  5. #20
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I didn't say that the law was abolished, Paul did, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14. Your argument is not with me, its with Paul. Why don't you just scrap your Bible and write your own?
    You realize even traffic laws have two aspects...1) the law which is “Don't Park on sidewalks”...and 2) the ordinance which is the ticket and how much you have to pay WHEN YOU DO...

    The law is not against us as we the people like to walk on the sidewalk but the ordinance is against the one who does NOT care what the people want and parks on the sidewalk...

    What was abolished was the curse, the debt, the ticket...found in ordinances...because it was paid off by Him...however it doesn’t mean you get to park on the sidewalk...BECAUSE THE TRAFFIC LAW REMAINS

    but because your ticket was paid off you are so grateful you wish to never park on the sidewalk again...

    And someday when heaven and earth pass away the traffic law will no longer be necessary as we will not even be driving...

    You really struggle with reading Paul...understanding him...

    Maybe hearing someone else explain it?

    https://youtu.be/g2t_IoGR-fo
    Last edited by clefty; December 28th, 2017 at 06:23 AM.

  6. #21
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    You realize even traffic laws have two aspects...1) the law which is “Don't Park on sidewalks”...and 2) the ordinance which is the ticket and how much you have to pay WHEN YOU DO...

    The law is not against us as we the people like to walk on the sidewalk but the ordinance is against the one who does NOT care what the people want and parks on the sidewalk...

    What was abolished was the curse, the debt, the ticket...found in ordinances...because it was paid off by Him...however it doesn’t mean you get to park on the sidewalk...BECAUSE THE TRAFFIC LAW REMAINS

    but because your ticket was paid off you are so grateful you wish to never park on the sidewalk again...

    And someday when heaven and earth pass away the traffic law will no longer be necessary as we will not even be driving...

    You really struggle with reading Paul...understanding him...

    Maybe hearing someone else explain it?

    https://youtu.be/g2t_IoGR-fo

    I understand Paul completely.

    Paul said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:7-12. The more you are told not to do something the more you will want to do it. I am not under the law, no, not Moses law, Christ law or any law. I am God's free man in Jesus Christ. It is only when you are free from the law that you can establish the law and live above the law. Living by the Spirit is much higher than living by the law.

  7. #22
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I understand Paul completely.

    Paul said that the law made him sin, Romans 7:7-12. The more you are told not to do something the more you will want to do it. I am not under the law, no, not Moses law, Christ law or any law. I am God's free man in Jesus Christ. It is only when you are free from the law that you can establish the law and live above the law. Living by the Spirit is much higher than living by the law.
    Free man eh?

    Not under any law eh?

    No natural laws for you eh?

    Boohoo! gravity make you fall?

    You sound more like the lawless one...

    So you live the exactly as you did before you were “in Him”? Make the same choices do the same things think the same thoughts...

    Nobody noticed a difference...

    Understandable...but not Paul’s teaching and nor what He exemplified...faith does NOT void the Law

    Cursed is anyone who does NOT do them...in Him they WANT to DO them follow Him His Way...even Paul confessed “but my flesh is weak...I do not do”...

    And he encouraged we persevere and finish the race...

    Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son

  8. #23
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Free man eh?

    Not under any law eh?

    No natural laws for you eh?

    Boohoo! gravity make you fall?

    You sound more like the lawless one...

    So you live the exactly as you did before you were “in Him”? Make the same choices do the same things think the same thoughts...

    Nobody noticed a difference...

    Understandable...but not Paul’s teaching and nor what He exemplified...faith does NOT void the Law

    Cursed is anyone who does NOT do them...in Him they WANT to DO them follow Him His Way...even Paul confessed “but my flesh is weak...I do not do”...

    And he encouraged we persevere and finish the race...

    Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son

    You will never understand what I am talking about because you don't know or understand the Gospel. All that you know is religion.

  9. #24
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You will never understand what I am talking about because you don't know or understand the Gospel. All that you know is religion.
    Oh rest assured...I understand what you are talking about and would expect you to exhibit much the same as those who also believe “do what thou whilst”

    And the religion I am learning is Him, His, His way...

    The faith OF...not just faith in...

  10. #25
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    While you are wearing yourself out trying to be like Christ. I am already "In Christ" resting in him and his Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.

  11. #26
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    While you are wearing yourself out trying to be like Christ. I am already "In Christ" resting in him and his Gospel, Hebrews 4:10.
    Your fruits will show it...

    So far they aren’t even in the same family...impossible to graft...

  12. #27
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Your fruits will show it...

    So far they aren’t even in the same family...impossible to graft...
    The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15. All sin has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2.

    All that Jesus has done he did for our justification. God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". Why would anyone want to live under the law in the light of the Gospel? Living by rules and laws is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith.

  13. #28
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The law has been fulfilled and abolished, Ephesians 2:15.
    you still dont understand the difference between a traffic law and a ticket do you...

    All sin has been atoned for, 1 John 2:2.
    does not mean all sin has been committed...tomorrow hasint arrived yet...and sin will occur tomorrow because the law points it out...neat right?

    All that Jesus has done he did for our justification. God now sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ". Why would anyone want to live under the law in the light of the Gospel? Living by rules and laws is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith.
    The gospel was entrusted to those who died to their former selves and picked up their cross to follow Him His way...

  14. #29
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,462
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,273 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    348289
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    you still dont understand the difference between a traffic law and a ticket do you...

    does not mean all sin has been committed...tomorrow hasint arrived yet...and sin will occur tomorrow because the law points it out...neat right?





    The gospel was entrusted to those who died to their former selves and picked up their cross to follow Him His way...

    No, the Gospel belongs to those who believe that Jesus can save them from their sins.

    "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

  15. #30
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,250
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 401 Times in 366 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    6500
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    No, the Gospel belongs to those who believe that Jesus can save them from their sins.
    if the cross abolished sin...its been done away with for 2000+ years...who can know sin? Let alone their need of salvation?

    "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.
    Yup they shall be saved...and then what?

    Keep living as they did before?

    Witness to no one with a life transformed and in accordance to Him His Faith and not of this world?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us