User Tag List

Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1527

Thread: Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

  1. #616
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (February 14th, 2018)

  3. #617
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8313
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Take pills. Who's forcing you to see it? Got questions about your worldview? No? Great. Move on. My faith in Jesus Christ is not damaged by taking God's word literally. I have a Biblical flat enclosed earth and firmament Thread for Biblical discussion. Trust what your senses are telling you, nit. Your name implies you wonder about stuff. Or are you a superhero?
    No one's forcing me to look at it. I want to read it. I'm reading it with wonder at why people fall into these holes of conspiracy. I'd like to understand the phenomena of conspiracy theory better.

    I'm not interested in flat earth memes. Sorry, but they're garbage. I'm interested in the people who fall into the bottomless pit of conspiracy theory. That's interesting to me. And yes, I also find it very depressing.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderdog For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 14th, 2018)

  5. #618
    LIFETIME MEMBER tetelestai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    12,060
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 407 Times in 370 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    331391
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Good Video
    The video is wrong.

    First off the picture is from Buffalo, not Niagara Falls.

    Toronto is about 80 miles from Buffalo.

    The earth's curvature is roughly 8 inches per mile.

    So, 8 inches X 80 miles = 640 inches = 53 feet.

    So, if you looked out the window of at least a 6 story building in Buffalo on a clear day, you would have no problem seeing Toronto.

    The picture in the video is from a 40 story building in Buffalo.

    The video says "8 inches per mile squared"....that is wrong, which is why the video says "Toronto should be 1,304 miles below sea level".

    Not only is "1,304 miles below sea level" wrong, it's ridiculous.
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

  6. #619
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The video is wrong.

    First off the picture is from Buffalo, not Niagara Falls.

    Toronto is about 80 miles from Buffalo.

    The earth's curvature is roughly 8 inches per mile.

    So, 8 inches X 80 miles = 640 inches = 53 feet.

    So, if you looked out the window of at least a 6 story building in Buffalo on a clear day, you would have no problem seeing Toronto.

    The picture in the video is from a 40 story building in Buffalo.

    The video says "8 inches per mile squared"....that is wrong, which is why the video says "Toronto should be 1,304 miles below sea level".

    Not only is "1,304 miles below sea level" wrong, it's ridiculous.
    8 inches per mile squared is NOT the number flat earthers came up with. It's "scientific" fact, I thought. You didn't know? Which video? Is it .8 inches? Is that the only thing they got "wrong"?
    Last edited by patrick jane; February 14th, 2018 at 09:08 AM.

  7. #620
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0

  8. #621
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,196
    Thanks
    3,469
    Thanked 21,752 Times in 12,644 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post


    Nixon talked to them on the moon in 1969, but I can't even get a cell signal in my bedroom in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 14th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  10. #622
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderdog View Post
    No one's forcing me to look at it. I want to read it. I'm reading it with wonder at why people fall into these holes of conspiracy. I'd like to understand the phenomena of conspiracy theory better.

    I'm not interested in flat earth memes. Sorry, but they're garbage. I'm interested in the people who fall into the bottomless pit of conspiracy theory. That's interesting to me. And yes, I also find it very depressing.
    I'm sorry I make you sad. I actually find it quite liberating. I know when things aren't adding up. We all do.

  11. #623
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0


    We know it's fake, like the men on the moon. If they will lie about these things, what else? What are the trillions of dollars actually used for?

  12. #624
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8313
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I'm sorry I make you sad. I actually find it quite liberating. I know when things aren't adding up. We all do.
    Have you ever looked into why people believe conspiracy theories.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderdog For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 14th, 2018)

  14. #625
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,196
    Thanks
    3,469
    Thanked 21,752 Times in 12,644 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderdog View Post
    Have you ever looked into why people believe conspiracy theories.
    I would say because it is interesting and the fact that all men are liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    1Mind1Spirit (February 14th, 2018),patrick jane (February 14th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  16. #626
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderdog View Post
    Have you ever looked into why people believe conspiracy theories.
    Not interested in why somebody else is questioning things. I go with what my heart and mind tell me, and my senses, all God given. I'm not looking for something to blame my miserable life on like many might be. The term "conspiracy theory" was coined by the government to marginalize everyone and anyone questioning the JFK assassination. It worked. Now anybody that questions the "official" story about anything is a nut. Bring it on, I've seen and heard much worse. It's not for the weak minded.

    I never watched the news for decades, only quick local stuff and some national headlines. Then I started noticing things were fake about the Boston Bombing and I could tell by the footage they kept repeating over and over. I couldn't quit watching because I was trying to convince myself that this was all real. I know bombs went off. But I knew something wasn't right. I've never really investigated it. I never questioned Sandy Hook and heard about the "crazy" theories. They're true. Fake. Vegas. Patsy. Big things take place over long periods of time towards an end goal NWO. Keep your head in the sand. There's nothing I can do about any of this but allow others to be aware and decide for themselves.

  17. #627
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,196
    Thanks
    3,469
    Thanked 21,752 Times in 12,644 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    It's only logical to question the powers that be. Power corrupts totally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    1Mind1Spirit (February 14th, 2018),patrick jane (February 14th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  19. #628
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    8313
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    It's only logical to question the powers that be. Power corrupts totally.
    Sure. And questioning the powers that be is healthy. That's not what this is about. People convincing one another that the earth is flat is far beyond questioning the powers that be.

  20. #629
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    19,196
    Thanks
    3,469
    Thanked 21,752 Times in 12,644 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147817
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderdog View Post
    Sure. And questioning the powers that be is healthy. That's not what this is about. People convincing one another that the earth is flat is far beyond questioning the powers that be.
    Last I heard, PJ said he wasn't convinced either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    patrick jane (February 14th, 2018),Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  22. #630
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,404
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,576 Times in 13,016 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I would say because it is interesting and the fact that all men are liars.
    Romans 3:4-8 KJV - God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)
    6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
    7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
    8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us