User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 221

Thread: Who is not saved?

  1. #1
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,057
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 399 Times in 333 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68227

    Who is not saved?

    Who is not saved?

    Please provide scripture to show why you conclude what you conclude

    What comes after receiving the gift of salvation that those who are not saved or those who do not know that there is more after salvation are missing out on?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Who is not saved?

    Please provide scripture to show why you conclude what you conclude
    I don't believe we know whether we are saved or not until Jesus' Judgement day or Lord's day.

    Jesus is the Judge, not any of us for our fate.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    freelight (December 15th, 2017),marhig (December 16th, 2017)

  4. #3
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,057
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 399 Times in 333 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68227
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I don't believe we know whether we are saved or not until Jesus' Judgement day or Lord's day.

    Jesus is the Judge, not any of us for our fate.
    If you do not know if you are saved that is typical of many Christians

    However, God makes it clear that we can know if we have received salvation, ie, the gift of eternal life

    I John 5:13 points that out

    These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

    It is God's will that we know.

    Questions then.

    Does anyone want to know?

    How does one know?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  5. #4
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    If you do not know if you are saved that is typical of many Christians
    On the centrally I don't know anyone says they don't know if they are saved.

    all mainstream churchgoers say they are saved, in my experience.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    marhig (December 16th, 2017)

  7. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    On the centrally I don't know anyone says they don't know if they are saved.

    all mainstream churchgoers say they are saved, in my experience.
    In this forum, only Marhig and I claim not anyone knows who are saved.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    marhig (December 16th, 2017)

  9. #6
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Who is not saved?

    Please provide scripture to show why you conclude what you conclude

    What comes after receiving the gift of salvation that those who are not saved or those who do not know that there is more after salvation are missing out on?
    Why don't you take a pole.

    You will get more responses.

    just suggestion.

  10. #7
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,664
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,870 Times in 2,893 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1249373
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    If you do not know if you are saved that is typical of many Christians

    However, God makes it clear that we can know if we have received salvation, ie, the gift of eternal life

    I John 5:13 points that out

    These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

    It is God's will that we know.

    Questions then.

    Does anyone want to know?

    How does one know?
    Obviously, she does not believe a passage like that one.

    Nor does she obviously believe any like these, for the same reason...

    Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

    Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

    Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

    1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

    And many others like it.

    Note now how Meshak once more will not post what she believes any of those those passages are actually talking about.

    Result? There is no hope of any kind of an Acts 17:11, 12 with her. None.

  11. #8
    TOL Subscriber turbosixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,023
    Thanks
    202
    Thanked 340 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    134763
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Who is not saved?
    I say those who do not know God or obey Jesus.
    2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

    Jn. 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

    As for how can be know we are saved. If we keep his commandments which is the opposite of not obeying him.
    1 Jn. 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
    Wretched man that I am.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbosixx For Your Post:

    jsanford108 (January 4th, 2018),marhig (December 16th, 2017)

  13. #9
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,664
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,870 Times in 2,893 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1249373
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    I say those who do not know God or obey Jesus.
    2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

    Jn. 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

    As for how can be know we are saved. If we keep his commandments which is the opposite of not obeying him.
    1 Jn. 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
    Nope, that is your interpretation of those passages.

    That video study continues to await you.

    The Tools Needed For Study:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

    Rom. 5:6-11.

  14. #10
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    I say those who do not know God or obey Jesus.
    2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,
    Obeying the Gospel is believing.

    Jn. 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
    The word there is believe not obey...just like the first part of the verse.

    As for how can be know we are saved. If we keep his commandments which is the opposite of not obeying him.
    1 Jn. 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
    Keeping His commandments....those He kept...that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled IN US (believers)?

    Romans 8:3-4 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.


    How is it, then, that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe? Romans 10:4

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Right Divider (December 18th, 2017)

  16. #11
    Over 5000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    5,418
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 1,042 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    280989
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Who is not saved?

    Please provide scripture to show why you conclude what you conclude
    Those like @freelight who don't believe the Gospel that the Lord Jesus is risen. Those who don't believe that it was an historical event, a nonfiction physical fact, that His corpse was buried in a tomb (about 50 yards away from His cross), and then two days later He wasn't dead anymore and He came out of the tomb. Romans 10:9 KJV is my scripture.
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    What comes after receiving the gift of salvation that those who are not saved or those who do not know that there is more after salvation are missing out on?
    Childlikeness. Matthew 18:3 KJV
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    Trevor: "I know how to drive, man."
    Ricky: "You also know how to be stupid."

  17. #12
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,057
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 399 Times in 333 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68227
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    On the centrally I don't know anyone says they don't know if they are saved.

    all mainstream churchgoers say they are saved, in my experience.
    I believe you. That is your experience and what you heard others say.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  18. #13
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,057
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 399 Times in 333 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68227
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Obviously, she does not believe a passage like that one.

    Nor does she obviously believe any like these, for the same reason...

    Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

    Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

    Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

    1 Thessalonians 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

    And many others like it.

    Note now how Meshak once more will not post what she believes any of those those passages are actually talking about.

    Result? There is no hope of any kind of an Acts 17:11, 12 with her. None.
    Well your opinion of Meshak is not the subject of this thread.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    marhig (December 16th, 2017)

  20. #14
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,057
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 399 Times in 333 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68227
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    I say those who do not know God or obey Jesus.
    2 Thes. 1:8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

    Jn. 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

    As for how can be know we are saved. If we keep his commandments which is the opposite of not obeying him.
    1 Jn. 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
    Yes, that is what God's written logos says.

    Thanks for your input
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    turbosixx (December 16th, 2017)

  22. #15
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,625
    Thanks
    4,317
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,558 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    I believe you. That is your experience and what you heard others say.
    this is your quote:

    "If you do not know if you are saved that is typical of many Christians"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us