User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 200

Thread: Not much to say...

  1. #16
    TOL Legend musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,201
    Thanks
    3,955
    Thanked 19,395 Times in 11,249 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147750
    tootie-pooties
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Right Divider (December 18th, 2017),Tambora (December 15th, 2017)

  3. #17
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Welcome to TOL. Perhaps you can spark some decent dialog. I am a big fan of civil dialog. These days there is too much uncivil dialog out there.
    I must say it rather blows my mind that there are some who are nasty in the name of the Lord and cannot see this as a problem.

    That said, I am sure that any decent dialog I start will wind its inevitable way down into an accusation that I am Satan. I think the most interesting reply I've ever heard was in "real life" conversation when in all seriousness the fellow looked me in the eye and said, "That's dangerous to God. You should be killed."

    Uncivil dialog no longer gets me angry, though. Rather, it saddens me. I've matured (I hope) to a level of mercy that realizes those who do these things are really messed up and my anger would only make things worse. Those are my enemies to whom I am to do good.

    Zenn

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zenn For Your Post:

    meshak (December 15th, 2017),Rusha (December 15th, 2017),Tambora (December 15th, 2017)

  5. #18
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,417
    Thanks
    157,813
    Thanked 46,005 Times in 28,303 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148160
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    That said, I am sure that any decent dialog I start will wind its inevitable way down into an accusation that I am Satan.
    hehe!
    You can count on it, as almost everyone here has at some time been called many similar things.
    Hitler will probably come up too.
    And mainstreamer.

    TOL can be a wild ride at times.
    Enjoy!

    Uncivil dialog no longer gets me angry, though
    Atta boy!

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  6. #19
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Hello, Zenn.

    What must we do to be saved?

    Thanks...
    Why are you asking me? Am I to flee into my closet screaming "Troll, Troll !!"?


    But to answer, ... Endure. (Unto the end.)

    But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Mat 24:13 KJV)
    ... but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. (Mar 13:13 KJV)
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Act 2:38 KJV)
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Act 2:21 KJV)
    Enduringly yours,
    Zenn

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zenn For Your Post:

    Lazy afternoon (December 19th, 2017),marhig (December 19th, 2017),meshak (December 15th, 2017)

  8. #20
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    hehe!
    You can count on it, as almost everyone here has at some time been called many similar things.
    Hitler will probably come up too.


    And mainstreamer.
    Now that one would be funny.

    TOL can be a wild ride at times.
    Enjoy!
    Ain't my first rodeo.

    (But my favorite smiley seems to be missing. )

  9. #21
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,737
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,486 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post


    Now that one would be funny.

    Ain't my first rodeo.

    (But my favorite smiley seems to be missing. )
    Hi, welcome.

    Zen is a type of Buddhism. is that something to do with your faith?
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  10. #22
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,737
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,486 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    I must say it rather blows my mind that there are some who are nasty in the name of the Lord and cannot see this as a problem.

    That said, I am sure that any decent dialog I start will wind its inevitable way down into an accusation that I am Satan. I think the most interesting reply I've ever heard was in "real life" conversation when in all seriousness the fellow looked me in the eye and said, "That's dangerous to God. You should be killed."

    Uncivil dialog no longer gets me angry, though. Rather, it saddens me. I've matured (I hope) to a level of mercy that realizes those who do these things are really messed up and my anger would only make things worse. Those are my enemies to whom I am to do good.

    Zenn
    With your attitude you will survive well here.

    Just remember, you get to be called many names if you don't agree with some doctrines.

    blessings.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    Zenn (December 15th, 2017)

  12. #23
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Hi, welcome.

    Zen is a type of Buddhism. is that something to do with your faith?
    Ahh... But I have two n's, though.

    ZENN
    Also found in: Wikipedia.
    Acronym Definition
    ZENN - Zero Emission No Noise (automobile)


    (My theology doesn't stink and I don't make a fuss.)

    That said, I was surprised when I found out that some of my faith has practices similar to Zen, but no. I am not Buddhist. Core Buddhism denies the existence of the consciousness, or rather, considers it a curse and an illusion that brings about all suffering and pain.

    Buddha wishes to destroy your consciousness. Y'shua came to cleanse it.

    Zenn

    PS: I do appreciate your commitment to non-violence.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zenn For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 17th, 2017)

  14. #24
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,737
    Thanks
    3,814
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,486 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    Ahh... But I have two n's, though.

    ZENN
    Also found in: Wikipedia.
    Acronym Definition
    ZENN - Zero Emission No Noise (automobile)


    (My theology doesn't stink and I don't make a fuss.)

    That said, I was surprised when I found out that some of my faith has practices similar to Zen, but no. I am not Buddhist. Core Buddhism denies the existence of the consciousness, or rather, considers it a curse and an illusion that brings about all suffering and pain.

    Buddha wishes to destroy your consciousness. Y'shua came to cleanse it.

    Zenn

    PS: I do appreciate your commitment to non-violence.
    Ok, you know about zen more than me.

    thanks
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    Zenn (December 15th, 2017)

  16. #25
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,502
    Thanks
    4,212
    Thanked 3,736 Times in 2,126 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147685
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    So I tend to gravitate to the Septuagint
    Where is it?

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

    patrick jane (December 16th, 2017)

  18. #26
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    690
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26661
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Where is it?

    AMR
    The Septuagint no longer exists as a perfect copy, same as the Hebrew text.
    http://www.randpaul.com/

  19. #27
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,351
    Thanks
    13,013
    Thanked 34,738 Times in 17,490 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147786
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    I must say it rather blows my mind that there are some who are nasty in the name of the Lord and cannot see this as a problem.


    Zenn
    "Nasty", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (December 17th, 2017),patrick jane (December 21st, 2017),Right Divider (December 18th, 2017),Tambora (December 16th, 2017)

  21. #28
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    "Nasty", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
    Rationalization, though is obvious.





    (And only the eye of God is worthy to behold.)

  22. #29
    Journeyman Zenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 66 Times in 46 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3255
    Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    The Septuagint no longer exists as a perfect copy, same as the Hebrew text.
    Not to mention the original monographs of the New Testament.

  23. #30
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    690
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26661
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    Not to mention the original monographs of the New Testament.
    But it would be easy to reproduce them completely to exact content. Wilbur Pickering has determined some interesting about f35 and Von Soden.

    But Pickering has avoided Erasmus 1522. I have a modernized 1522 Erasmus text which is very different from copies or knock-off which came later. Erasmus has a different version of 1 John 5:7 then what ended up in Stephanus, but is common to ancient manuscripts.
    http://www.randpaul.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us