User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 309

Thread: Jesus, Paul and the Law

  1. #271
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Aaaawwww man it’z da stoopid doctor’s fault I have diabetes...lol


    Paul is clear the law is is holy and the commandment holy and just and good...I delight in the law of God according to the inward man...I thank God with the mind I myself serve the law of God...but with the flesh the law of sin...

    Hmmmm...looks like there remains Law
    If you have diabetes it is from not eating right.

  2. #272
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    If you have diabetes it is from not eating right.
    If you are cursed by the Law it is from not living right...

    Hint: living right is IN HIM by faith

  3. #273
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    If you are cursed by the Law it is from not living right...

    Hint: living right is IN HIM by faith

    Nope. Those that are under the curse are those that are trying to be justified by keeping the law, Galatians 3:10.

    No man is justified by the law, Galatians 3:11.

  4. #274
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Nope. Those that are under the curse are those that are trying to be justified by keeping the law, Galatians 3:10.
    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not are trying to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

    There fixed it for you...


    No man is justified by the law, Galatians 3:11.
    right...we are justified by One Who did it perfectly and now will aid our grateful attempts and advocate for us when we fail...that is living by Faith in Him and His faith path...

  5. #275
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not are trying to continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

    There fixed it for you...


    right...we are justified by One Who did it perfectly and now will aid our grateful attempts and advocate for us when we fail...that is living by Faith in Him and His faith path...

    You fail every day. You continue to believe that the law makes you righteous. There is no righteousness in keeping the law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The law tells you that you have failed.

  6. #276
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You fail every day. You continue to believe that the law makes you righteous. There is no righteousness in keeping the law. "By the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. The law tells you that you have failed.
    And like Paul and every other believer I accept I have failed and realize my need for salvation and from Whom it arrived...as the Law IS a shadow that reveals both my error and my Savior...now saved I delight in His Law...His yoke light His burden not heavy...

    Please note the Law at Sinai was written on both sides of the tablets so that as a sign on the road to either Heaven or going the other direction you can read it...PERFECT

  7. #277
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    And like Paul and every other believer I accept I have failed and realize my need for salvation and from Whom it arrived...as the Law IS a shadow that reveals both my error and my Savior...now saved I delight in His Law...His yoke light His burden not heavy...

    Please note the Law at Sinai was written on both sides of the tablets so that as a sign on the road to either Heaven or going the other direction you can read it...PERFECT

    There will not be any laws in heaven. In heaven as on this earth, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel, In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

    We delight in the law because the law reveals the nature and character of God. God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does. He is holy, holy, holy, beyond human comprehension.

  8. #278
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    There will not be any laws in heaven. In heaven as on this earth, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by faith means to live according to the Gospel, In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified, and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30 and now stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

    We delight in the law because the law reveals the nature and character of God. God is just, merciful and righteous in all that he does. He is holy, holy, holy, beyond human comprehension.
    Heaven is lawless?

    Hardly...just because you didnt trip and stumble today does NOT mean the law of gravity was abolished...suspended...just means you did what you were designed to do...

  9. #279
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Heaven is lawless?

    Hardly...just because you didnt trip and stumble today does NOT mean the law of gravity was abolished...suspended...just means you did what you were designed to do...
    You still don't get it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. Do you want to be judged by the law? Why do you think that Paul said to the Galatians, "Do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

  10. #280
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    You still don't get it. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation. Do you want to be judged by the law? Why do you think that Paul said to the Galatians, "Do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.
    The Law nevertheless secured those children of Promise...Paul was making the metaphor that the free had the law of adoption through faith...that was the Law by promise...is why we wish to keep the law...

    Not work for salvation as through Hagar by flesh and biological law but that which is spiritual...a Promise...thus we live by faith obediently...and FREE...as those born of flesh were rejected into the wilderness

    Think about it...If it were abolished there would be nothing for the Galatians to hear...the Law is the just live by faith obediently

  11. #281
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    The Law nevertheless secured those children of Promise...Paul was making the metaphor that the free had the law of adoption through faith...that was the Law by promise...is why we wish to keep the law...

    Not work for salvation as through Hagar by flesh and biological law but that which is spiritual...a Promise...thus we live by faith obediently...and FREE...as those born of flesh were rejected into the wilderness

    Think about it...If it were abolished there would be nothing for the Galatians to hear...the Law is the just live by faith obediently
    You have added to the word of God, which tells me that you have a problem with it. The word "obediently" is not found in the scriptures. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" plus nothing.

  12. #282
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You have added to the word of God, which tells me that you have a problem with it. The word "obediently" is not found in the scriptures. "The Just Shall Live By Faith" plus nothing.
    Your version is “the just shall live by faith” without laws...

    I like the original OT version:

    "See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --

    Can one be faithful to injustice? Sure unrighteousness of course...so what does that look like this faithful living of the righteous?...according to the Law and Will of the One who judges...

  13. #283
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Your version is “the just shall live by faith” without laws...

    I like the original OT version:

    "See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --

    Can one be faithful to injustice? Sure unrighteousness of course...so what does that look like this faithful living of the righteous?...according to the Law and Will of the One who judges...
    Nowhere in New Testament scripture are we encouraged to live by the law. The will of the one that judges is that we live by faith in his Son Jesus Christ. "The Just Shall Live BY Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws and rules means that you are under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

  14. #284
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,715
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 332 Times in 302 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    7810
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Nowhere in New Testament scripture are we encouraged to live by the law. The will of the one that judges is that we live by faith in his Son Jesus Christ. "The Just Shall Live BY Faith" Romans 1:17. Living by laws and rules means that you are under the law and under the curse, Galatians 3:10.
    Yup living faithful...Him His way...His Faith

  15. #285
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12,434
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,150 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    342004
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Yup living faithful...Him His way...His Faith
    Your very best is still sin. This is why "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us