User Tag List

Thread: Can Anyone Help With Natural Evil?

One Post Wonder
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Anyone Help With Natural Evil?

I am writing a Philosophy paper on why God allows natural evils in the world .. does anyone know where I could find information on this or have any information they would like to share with me? Thank you

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,023 Times in 2,297 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Resources on Natural Evil

Quote Originally Posted by ariekazy View Post
    I am writing a Philosophy paper on why God allows natural evils in the world .. does anyone know where I could find information on this or have any information they would like to share with me? Thank you
    Natural evil (hurricanes, floods, epidemics, birth defects, etc.) comes about indirectly as a consequence of moral evil. Moral evil is the consequence of the fall of Adam, which plunged all of creation into sin and corruption.

God will remove this curse only on the final day, the consummation of Jesus’ redemption, when God executes His final judgment and this world is replaced by a new heaven and a new earth. In the meantime, the whole creation “has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth” (Rom. 8:22), “in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed” (Romans 8:19).

Scripture, therefore, gives us an explicit answer to the problem of natural evil. Natural evil is a curse brought upon the world because of moral evil. It functions as punishment to the wicked and as a means of discipline for those who are righteous by God’s grace. It also reminds us of the cosmic dimensions of sin and redemption. Sin brought death to the human race but also to the universe over which man was to rule. God has ordained that the universe resist its human ruler until that ruler stops resisting God. So in redemption, God’s purpose is no less than “to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven” (Col. 1:20).

See:
    https://www.ccel.org/ccel/orr/view.html

https://www.desiringgod.org/messages...d-that-evil-be

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002A1ZZ1G/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/evil/

AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,591 Times in 13,030 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Isaiah 45:7 KJV - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
    3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
    4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
    5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Thread Information