User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 102

Thread: What does John 14:21 mean?

  1. #46
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    Have you read Galatians? I'm assuming since you said you had converted to Judaism that you obey the Mosaic law, right? At least... As much as you are able without a temple of course.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    I do not know what you mean by the Mosaic law, but yes. I have read Galatians, and I do observe the Law.

  2. #47
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I do not know what you mean by the Mosaic law, but yes. I have read Galatians, and I do observe the Law.
    The law of Moses, given in Exodus Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. What do you mean by the law?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Of course, and you don't seem to know what they are, obviously.

    Judging unjustly is not fruit of spirit, friend.

    now you are trying to make excuse for your wrong doing.
    No... I apologized for my rudeness. I am not making excuses

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    11,042
    Thanks
    2,980
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,116 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    540208
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    No... I apologized for my rudeness. I am not making excuses

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

    suit yourself.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  5. #50
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    The law of Moses, given in Exodus Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. What do you mean by the law?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The word Torah means Instruction, Teaching, Direction, and Law.

    I do not know how to answer your question.

    I have referred to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy as the Law of Moses before.

    Do you say that Law is different from law?

    Do you know what the Torah is?

    The first five books of the Bible have been referred to as the Law or The Law. What of the Ten Commandments and all the other commandments? These have been referred to as the Law.

    The Torah, also called The Five Books of Moses, has 613 Commandments, or laws, for Israel to follow or observe. I am a Jew, of Israel, a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. Yeshua taught us, me, to keep and teach the Commandments. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah.

    Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy have also been referred to as The Pentateuch.

    What is the Law of Moses? What is the Mosaic law or the Mosaic Law?

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  6. #51
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    The word Torah means Instruction, Teaching, Direction, and Law.

    I do not know how to answer your question.

    I have referred to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy as the Law of Moses before.

    Do you say that Law is different from law?

    Do you know what the Torah is?

    The first five books of the Bible have been referred to as the Law or The Law. What of the Ten Commandments and all the other commandments? These have been referred to as the Law.

    The Torah, also called The Five Books of Moses, has 613 Commandments, or laws, for Israel to follow or observe. I am a Jew, of Israel, a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I read, study, observe, keep, and teach the Torah. Yeshua taught us, me, to keep and teach the Commandments. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation. I accept Yeshua as the Messiah.

    Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy have also been referred to as The Pentateuch.

    What is the Law of Moses? What is the Mosaic law or the Mosaic Law?

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    Ok I only asked because you asked what the Mosaic law is.
    What do you think of Romans 7:1-6?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    Ok I only asked because you asked what the Mosaic law is.
    What do you think of Romans 7:1-6?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Shalom.

    What is the Mosaic law? What is the Mosaic Law? Some refer to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. These are called the Law or The Law of Moses.

    I accept Romans 7:1-6. Is Romans 7:1 still valid? See Romans 8:1-4.

  8. #53
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shalom.

    What is the Mosaic law? What is the Mosaic Law? Some refer to Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. These are called the Law or The Law of Moses.

    I accept Romans 7:1-6. Is Romans 7:1 still valid? See Romans 8:1-4.
    Right, the Mosaic law is another way of saying the law of Moses. I apologize for the confusion.
    I don't understand why Romans 7 wouldn't be valid because of Romans 8. Could you explain please? It seems to me Romans 7 is saying the law doesn't apply to you if you have died to sin, and Romans 8 is saying that the law is fulfilled.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    Right, the Mosaic law is another way of saying the law of Moses. I apologize for the confusion.
    I don't understand why Romans 7 wouldn't be valid because of Romans 8. Could you explain please? It seems to me Romans 7 is saying the law doesn't apply to you if you have died to sin, and Romans 8 is saying that the law is fulfilled.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    I believe that Romans 7:1 says that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives. Romans 8:4 says that the righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in those of us who walk according to the Spirit. I posit that the requirement of the law is there.

  10. #55
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I believe that Romans 7:1 says that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives. Romans 8:4 says that the righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in those of us who walk according to the Spirit. I posit that the requirement of the law is there.
    Yes, and Romans 7:4 says we have died to the law through Jesus. In the same way Romans 8:3 says it is through Jesus the law is fulfilled on our behalf.
    We cannot satisfy the requirements of the law, sadly. But thanks be to God we don't have to!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    Yes, and Romans 7:4 says we have died to the law through Jesus. In the same way Romans 8:3 says it is through Jesus the law is fulfilled on our behalf.
    We cannot satisfy the requirements of the law, sadly. But thanks be to God we don't have to!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Incorrect.

    The righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

  12. #57
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Incorrect.

    The righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    It is only through Jesus that the law can be satisfied on our behalf.

    Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Romans 8:1*-‬4 NIV

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    It is only through Jesus that the law can be satisfied on our behalf.

    Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
    Romans 8:1*-‬4 NIV

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

    What do you mean by the law can be satisfied? What do you mean by saying that the law can be satisfied on our behalf? Not by us. But what does it mean and is it Biblical? It sounds like a doctrine which words are not found in scripture.
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

  14. #59
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,571
    Thanks
    7,394
    Thanked 12,758 Times in 7,330 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147640

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Philip.
    He was speaking to the eleven.
    turbosixx says "Yep. Pentecost was the first time men heard the gospel."
    When corrected, turbsixx says "diversion tactic"
    turbosixx is dishonest.


    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

    Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

  15. #60
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I was speaking to the eleven.
    Why do you say that?
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us