User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 112

Thread: What does John 14:21 mean?

  1. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What does John 14:21 mean?
    It means your motivation for doing good works under the new covenant is love for Jesus, rather than a desire to save yourself (which you couldn't do anyway).

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dahelmang For Your Post:

    Sherman (December 4th, 2017)

  3. #17
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    It means your motivation for doing good works under the new covenant is love for Jesus, rather than a desire to save yourself (which you couldn't do anyway).

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Can you explain what you are saying?

  4. #18
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,885
    Thanks
    13,907
    Thanked 14,787 Times in 11,715 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    What does John 14:21 mean?
    (Sarcasm) It means if you keep the commandments and obey and NEVER sin in your life, EVER, that Jesus will appear in your bedroom.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  5. #19
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    (Sarcasm) It means if you keep the commandments and obey and NEVER sin in your life, EVER, that Jesus will appear in your bedroom.
    I do not know why you say this.

  6. #20
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    11,361
    Thanks
    3,049
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,155 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    544364
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    It means your motivation for doing good works under the new covenant is love for Jesus, rather than a desire to save yourself (which you couldn't do anyway).

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    It is necessary to love Jesus. If you don't love Him there is no salvation.

    Jesus also says if you love Him, keep His commandments.

    So keeping His commandments is necessary for salvation.

    it is that simple, friend.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  7. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Can you explain what you are saying?
    It is better to obey your parents out of love or respect than fear, right? A sign of spiritual maturity is that you obey God's commands because you love Him, instead of fear of the consequences.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  8. #22
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    It is necessary to love Jesus. If you don't love Him there is no salvation.

    Jesus also says if you love Him, keep His commandments.

    So keeping His commandments is necessary for salvation.

    it is that simple, friend.
    he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
    Titus 3:5 NIV
    You can't earn your salvation through works. The works come after salvation, in gratitude, as worship.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  9. #23
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    It is better to obey your parents out of love or respect than fear, right? A sign of spiritual maturity is that you obey God's commands because you love Him, instead of fear of the consequences.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    I love God and Jesus. I want to obey God's Commandments and Jesus' Commandments. I obey God because I love Him. What do you mean by fear and fear of the consequences?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    meshak (December 4th, 2017)

  11. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I love God and Jesus. I want to obey God's Commandments and Jesus' Commandments. I obey God because I love Him. What do you mean by fear and fear of the consequences?
    You are doing what the verse says! Young Christians might obey because they think bad things will happen if they aren't good, or because their communities pressure them into it. Sometimes we need that to get started, but in the long run it isn't healthy.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  12. #25
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    You are doing what the verse says! Young Christians might obey because they think bad things will happen if they aren't good, or because their communities pressure them into it. Sometimes we need that to get started, but in the long run it isn't healthy.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism.

  13. #26
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    2,045
    Thanked 5,982 Times in 4,204 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147704
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I love God and Jesus. I want to obey God's Commandments and Jesus' Commandments. I obey God because I love Him. What do you mean by fear and fear of the consequences?
    he means fear of going to hell
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.


    So, what?

    believe it!

  14. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism.
    And you say you love Jesus? Interesting, please tell me more

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  15. #28
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    he means fear of going to hell
    I do not know that. I do not know about hell. I have no fear of going there.

  16. #29
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    11,029
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 507 Times in 476 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83306
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    And you say you love Jesus? Interesting, please tell me more

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Jesus instructed to keep and teach the Commandments and I saw no obstacle to doing so.

  17. #30
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    11,361
    Thanks
    3,049
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,155 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    544364
    Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
    Titus 3:5 NIV
    You can't earn your salvation through works. The works come after salvation, in gratitude, as worship.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    This is typical; most churches cliché.

    It is talking about our former sins. You have to continually being faithful to Jesus until the end to be saved..

    That is what Jesus says in the revelation.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us