1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Why do you say that?
    I meant He was speaking to the eleven.
    turbosixx says "Yep. Pentecost was the first time men heard the gospel."
    When corrected, turbsixx says "diversion tactic"
    turbosixx is dishonest.

Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I meant He was speaking to the eleven.
    Can you show me what you mean?
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Thanks
    Thanked 12,803 Times in 7,348 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Can you show me what you mean?
    Read John 13 and 14.... it's all there.

Jesus was with the twelve and one left. So he was talking to the remaining 11 apostles.
    turbosixx says "Yep. Pentecost was the first time men heard the gospel."
    When corrected, turbsixx says "diversion tactic"
    turbosixx is dishonest.

Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Read John 13 and 14.... it's all there.

Jesus was with the twelve and one left. So he was talking to the remaining 11 apostles.
    Okay
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets.

What do you mean by the law can be satisfied? What do you mean by saying that the law can be satisfied on our behalf? Not by us. But what does it mean and is it Biblical? It sounds like a doctrine which words are not found in scripture.
    Jesus fulfilled the law, it's purpose is complete. If you look at the sermon on the mount, no one is holy enough to obey the law completely. That is the message of the gospel, that Jesus died in our place, to satisfy the law. His righteousness is given to us. It is through faith, not the law that we are saved.
    Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
    Romans 5:1*-‬2 NIV
    I hope I am making sense...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dahelmang View Post
    Jesus fulfilled the law, it's purpose is complete. If you look at the sermon on the mount, no one is holy enough to obey the law completely. That is the message of the gospel, that Jesus died in our place, to satisfy the law. His righteousness is given to us. It is through faith, not the law that we are saved.
    Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
    Romans 5:1*-‬2 NIV
    I hope I am making sense...

I know that God wants me to obey His Commandments. This is observance of the Law. God does not want anyone to sin. God does not want anyone to transgress the law. Sin is transgression of the law.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. He did not come to abolish them.

Salvation is by faith, not the Law.

Shalom.

Jacob

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that God wants me to obey His Commandments. This is observance of the Law. God does not want anyone to sin. God does not want anyone to transgress the law. Sin is transgression of the law.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. He did not come to abolish them.

Salvation is by faith, not the Law.

Shalom.

Jacob
    I am glad that we agree. If you choose to obey the ceremonial law out of love for Jesus, as the OP says, that is a beautifal act of worship. Just consider that Jesus fulfilled the purpose of the law of Moses. It was meant to point to Him, and show how much we need Him to save us. Now the law is written on our hearts, with the Holy Spirit.

This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
    Hebrews 8:10*-‬13 NIV
    I am very happy to hear you say we are saved by grace.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does John 14:21 mean?
    It means more to those who were there, than it does to us.
    http://www.randpaul.com/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad that we agree. If you choose to obey the ceremonial law out of love for Jesus, as the OP says, that is a beautifal act of worship. Just consider that Jesus fulfilled the purpose of the law of Moses. It was meant to point to Him, and show how much we need Him to save us. Now the law is written on our hearts, with the Holy Spirit.

This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
    Hebrews 8:10*-‬13 NIV
    I am very happy to hear you say we are saved by grace.

We are saved by grace through faith.

No, I do not know what your ceremonial law is nor why you say it can be observed out of love for Jesus.

Jesus taught us to observe and keep, to keep and teach, the Commandments. I just do not have a ceremonial law designation.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    It means more to those who were there, than it does to us.
    We can learn what it meant to them and what it means for us. Do you accept what Jesus taught there? Do you accept it for you? Do you apply it to your life or have you applied it to your life?

Shalom.

Jacob

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are saved by grace through faith.

No, I do not know what your ceremonial law is nor why you say it can be observed out of love for Jesus.

Jesus taught us to observe and keep, to keep and teach, the Commandments. I just do not have a ceremonial law designation.
    Well the law of Moses is divided into three sections by theologians: the moral law, ceremonial law, and civil law. The moral laws are generally repeated in the New Testament, things like don't murder steal or lie. The ceremonial law was meant to keep Israel clean while God was in the Tabernacle and Temple, things like dietary laws and feasts and sacrifices. The civil law was meant for Israel as a society, things like boundary stones, sanctuary cities, and specific puniahments for the courts to enforce. It's not a sure thing, just a way of describing the general categories. since Peter was told he could eat unclean animals in Acts 10, gentile Christians have not usually followed the ceremonial law. That's what I am talking about. The Holy Spirit will convict you of the laws you need to follow.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the law of Moses is divided into three sections by theologians: the moral law, ceremonial law, and civil law. The moral laws are generally repeated in the New Testament, things like don't murder steal or lie. The ceremonial law was meant to keep Israel clean while God was in the Tabernacle and Temple, things like dietary laws and feasts and sacrifices. The civil law was meant for Israel as a society, things like boundary stones, sanctuary cities, and specific puniahments for the courts to enforce. It's not a sure thing, just a way of describing the general categories. since Peter was told he could eat unclean animals in Acts 10, gentile Christians have not usually followed the ceremonial law. That's what I am talking about. The Holy Spirit will convict you of the laws you need to follow.

What do you mean by laws?

I disagree with you in your presentation. What Theologians say may not have bearing upon my life as a Jew.

Jesus instructed us to keep and teach the Commandments. It is my belief that no one is excluded from this, but to accept all of the commandments, well, I do not see any obstacle to that and this is what I have done and become a Jew.

Shalom.

Jacob

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can learn what it meant to them and what it means for us. Do you accept what Jesus taught there? Do you accept it for you? Do you apply it to your life or have you applied it to your life?

Shalom.

Jacob
    Turning the other cheek is not good self-defense, and punishment given to Judah for disobeying God. Should we emulate it?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SabathMoon View Post
    Turning the other cheek is not good self-defense, and punishment given to Judah for disobeying God. Should we emulate it?
    What do you mean?

Turning the other cheek is not about self-defense.

Why is this your response to my post?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

dahelmang (December 8th, 2017)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean?

Turning the other cheek is not about self-defense.

Why is this your response to my post?
    I think can read his commandments, but consider one another, as I have considered ye (i.e. a first century israelite audience) does not apply to us. He is not considering us. But we consider others as Jesus did.

Thread Information