User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 104

Thread: Is the Holy Spirit Female?

  1. #16
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,759
    Thanks
    13,740
    Thanked 14,704 Times in 11,655 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147808
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Is the Holy Spirit the Mother of Jesus and as the Bride of Christ are we the perfect family? As it says in Luke the Holy Spirit and God the Father over shadowed Mary together when Jesus was conceived.

    And when God said 'let US make man in OUR IMAGE' whose image was Eve made from?

    The pronoun 'SHE' is use every time in the original Hebrew scriptures when describing the Holy Spirit, here are 40 of them:

    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...brew_Index.htm

    Numbers 11:26 and SHE is resting on them the spirit and they in ones being written

    Numbers 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding according to their tribes and the spirit of God came upon him to tribes of him and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Elohim

    Judges 3:10 and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Yahweh and he is judging Israel

    Judges 6:34 and spirit of Yahweh SHE clothed Gideon

    Judges 11:29 and SHE is becoming on Jephthah spirit of Yahweh

    Judges 13:25 and SHE is starting spirit of Yahweh to agitate him in Camp of Dan

    Judges 14:6 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh

    Judges 14:19 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh and he is going down Ashkelon

    1 Samuel 10:6 and SHE prospers over you spirit of Yahweh and you prophesy with them

    1 Samuel 10:10 and behold line of prophets to meet of him and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Elohim and he is prophesying in midst of them

    1 Samuel 11:6 and SHE is prospering spirit of Elohim over Saul to hear of him

    1 Samuel 16:13 and SHE is prospering spirit of Yahweh to David from the day he and on ward and he is rising Samuel and he is going the Ramah ward 14 and spirit of Yahweh SHE withdrew from with Saul and SHE frightened him spirit evil from with Yahweh

    1 Samuel 19:20 and SHE is becoming on messengers of Saul spirit of Elohim

    1 Samuel 19:23 and he [Saul] is going there to Naioth in the Ramah and SHE is becoming on him moreover he spirit of Elohim and he is going to go and he is prophesying

    1 Chronicles 12:18 and spirit SHE clothed Amasai head of the thirty

    2 Chronicles 24:20 and spirit of Elohim SHE was put on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest

    Job 26:13 in spirit of him heavens seemly SHE travailed hand of him serpent fugitive

    Job 33:4 spirit of El SHE made me and breath of Who Suffices SHE is keeping alive me

    Psalm143:10 teach you me to do of approval of you that you Elohim of me spirit of you good SHE shall guide me in land of upright

    Isaiah 11:2 and SHE rests on him spirit Yahweh spirit of wisdom and understanding spirit of counsel

    Isaiah 40:7 he dries up grass he decays blossom that spirit of Yahweh SHE reverses in him surely grass the people

    Isaiah 59:19 and from sunrise of sun glory of him that he shall come as the stream foe spirit of Yahweh SHE makes flee

    Ezekiel 2:2 and SHE is coming in me spirit as which he speaks to me and SHE is standing me on feet of me and I am hearing one speaking to me

    Ezekiel 3:12 and SHE is lifting me spirit and I am hearing behind me sound of quaking great being glory of Yahweh place of him

    Ezekiel 3:14 and spirit SHE lifts up me and she is taking me and I am going bitter in fury spirit of me and hand of Yahweh on me unyielding

    Ezekiel 3:22 and SHE is becoming on me there hand of Yahweh and he is saying to me rise you

    Ezekiel 3:24 and SHE is coming in me spirit and SHE is standing me on feet of me

    Ezekiel 8:3 and SHE is lifting me spirit between the earth and between the heavens and SHE is bringing me Jerusalem ward

    Ezekiel 11:1 and SHE is lifting up me spirit and SHE is bringing me gate of house of Yahweh

    Ezekiel 11:5 and SHE is falling on me spirit Yahweh

    Ezekiel 11:24 and spirit SHE lifts up me and SHE is bringing me Chaldea ward

    Ezekiel 37:1 SHE becomes on me hand of Yahweh and he is bringing forth me in spirit of Yahweh

    Ezekiel 43:5 and SHE is lifting me spirit and she is bringing me to the court the inner and behold he fills glory of Yahweh the house
    Why is "She" not in any of the English translations?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  2. #17
    Over 750 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 59 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14227
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Why is "She" not in any of the English translations?
    She is:
    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...brew_Index.htm

    Job 33:4
    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...Tpdf/job33.pdf

  3. #18
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 873 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211779
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    It is you who can't read:

    Job 33:4
    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...Tpdf/job33.pdf

    Do you need me to spoon feed you the others as well?
    I see where their linear translation put in the word "she". I admit that I did not see that at first. The translation on the side, like all translations, does not include the word "she". It does not appear in the text. It is an attempt to include the gender of the noun in their word-by-word translation.

    They do this in general. See how they add the word "she" to their translation of "ground" in Genesis 3:17-19. I think you will admit than "ground" is not really a "she"- it is just the way Hebrew grammar is.

    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...OTpdf/gen3.pdf

    They are aware of how Hebrew works, and they wanted to include the gender in their English translation.

    Please read a couple the sources that I gave you about gender in Hebrew. It really will straighten this out in a few minutes. Read, and only then then respond please.

    Thank you

    Chair

  4. #19
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 873 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211779
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Why is "She" not in any of the English translations?
    It appears in the linear translation that watchman used. Under the text (in green- i missed it at first). They include it to indicate the gender of the object, as they do in other cases as well- I posted an example in the previous post.

    There is no pronoun at all in the Hebrew. All nouns in Hebrew have gender, so they wanted to show that.

    Chair

  5. #20
    Over 750 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 59 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14227
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    I see where their linear translation put in the word "she". I admit that I did not see that at first. The translation on the side, like all translations, does not include the word "she". It does not appear in the text. It is an attempt to include the gender of the noun in their word-by-word translation.

    They do this in general. See how they add the word "she" to their translation of "ground" in Genesis 3:17-19. I think you will admit than "ground" is not really a "she"- it is just the way Hebrew grammar is.

    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...OTpdf/gen3.pdf

    They are aware of how Hebrew works, and they wanted to include the gender in their English translation.

    Please read a couple the sources that I gave you about gender in Hebrew. It really will straighten this out in a few minutes. Read, and only then then respond please.

    Thank you

    Chair
    Yeah that's right you've never seen it and now your trying to save face but actually you're only digging yourself deeper. It say SHE because the Holy Spirit is a SHE. Accept it or admit you are rejecting the Word of God. You can't have it both ways.

    Hebrew is clear in it's feminine pronouns when ascribed to the person. She is a she and he is a he.

    You simply were not aware of this till now, it's just new information, we all learn new things every day.

  6. #21
    Over 750 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 59 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14227
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    It appears in the linear translation that watchman used. Under the text (in green- i missed it at first). They include it to indicate the gender of the object, as they do in other cases as well- I posted an example in the previous post.

    There is no pronoun at all in the Hebrew. All nouns in Hebrew have gender, so they wanted to show that.

    Chair
    Wow what a twist of the Word of God you are trying to fool yourself and others with.

  7. #22
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 873 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211779
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Yeah that's right you've never seen it and now your trying to save face
    No, I am not like you. I admit that I missed that.

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    but actually you're only digging yourself deeper. It say SHE because the Holy Spirit is a SHE. Accept it or admit you are rejecting the Word of God. You can't have it both ways.
    It says she in that translation because of the way gender is used in Hebrew. Read one of the links provided. Come on- it won't kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post

    Hebrew is clear in it's feminine pronouns when ascribed to the person. She is a she and he is a he.
    Hebrew doesn't use pronouns the way English does, There is no pronoun in those verses.
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    You simply were not aware of this till now, it's just new information, we all learn new things every day.
    I am quite aware of the facts- it is time you learned something yourself. read the links !

  8. #23
    Over 750 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 59 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14227
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    No, I am not like you. I admit that I missed that.


    It says she in that translation because of the way gender is used in Hebrew. Read one of the links provided. Come on- it won't kill you.


    Hebrew doesn't use pronouns the way English does, There is no pronoun in those verses.


    I am quite aware of the facts- it is time you learned something yourself. read the links !
    As said it's you who can't read; I already told you I've read your links and I gave you a response to them. And if you can read the OP I said that every pronoun given for the Holy Spirit in the OT is female. Everyone can see that why can't you? Is it because you can't read properly?

  9. #24
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 873 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211779
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    As said it's you who can't read; I already told you I've read your links and I gave you a response to them. And if you can read the OP I said that every pronoun given for the Holy Spirit in the OT is female. Everyone can see that why can't you? Is it because you can't read properly?
    One more time: There are no pronouns. And all nouns in Hebrew have gender. Yes, the word for "wind" or "spirit" in Hebrew (same word) is female in gender. I have already stated that. That doesn't make the wind a female person. It is just a noun in the female gender. Like "ground".

    And your arrogance is well noted.

  10. #25
    Over 750 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 59 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14227
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    One more time: There are no pronouns. And all nouns in Hebrew have gender. Yes, the word for "wind" or "spirit" in Hebrew (same word) is female in gender. I have already stated that. That doesn't make the wind a female person. It is just a noun in the female gender. Like "ground".

    And your arrogance is well noted.
    Some how I don't think it is just 'one more time'- because of your arrogance.

    Now lets look at what you just said; you agree that wind and ground have the female Hebrew pronoun 'she' but when the Holy Spirit is called is given the same female 'she' pronoun in Hebrew you believe that somehow that means the Holy Spirit is male. In every other language it would mean female but you think this is some Hebrew twist or word play? No it's not, it says she because she is a she. That's how Hebrew pronouns work, same as any other language.

  11. #26
    Old Timer RealityJerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Is the Holy Spirit the Mother of Jesus and as the Bride of Christ are we the perfect family? As it says in Luke the Holy Spirit and God the Father over shadowed Mary together when Jesus was conceived.

    And when God said 'let US make man in OUR IMAGE' whose image was Eve made from?

    The pronoun 'SHE' is use every time in the original Hebrew scriptures when describing the Holy Spirit, here are 40 of them:

    http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...brew_Index.htm

    Numbers 11:26 and SHE is resting on them the spirit and they in ones being written

    Numbers 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes and he saw Israel abiding according to their tribes and the spirit of God came upon him to tribes of him and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Elohim

    Judges 3:10 and SHE is becoming on him spirit of Yahweh and he is judging Israel

    Judges 6:34 and spirit of Yahweh SHE clothed Gideon

    Judges 11:29 and SHE is becoming on Jephthah spirit of Yahweh

    Judges 13:25 and SHE is starting spirit of Yahweh to agitate him in Camp of Dan

    Judges 14:6 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh

    Judges 14:19 and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Yahweh and he is going down Ashkelon

    1 Samuel 10:6 and SHE prospers over you spirit of Yahweh and you prophesy with them

    1 Samuel 10:10 and behold line of prophets to meet of him and SHE is prospering on him spirit of Elohim and he is prophesying in midst of them

    1 Samuel 11:6 and SHE is prospering spirit of Elohim over Saul to hear of him

    1 Samuel 16:13 and SHE is prospering spirit of Yahweh to David from the day he and on ward and he is rising Samuel and he is going the Ramah ward 14 and spirit of Yahweh SHE withdrew from with Saul and SHE frightened him spirit evil from with Yahweh

    1 Samuel 19:20 and SHE is becoming on messengers of Saul spirit of Elohim

    1 Samuel 19:23 and he [Saul] is going there to Naioth in the Ramah and SHE is becoming on him moreover he spirit of Elohim and he is going to go and he is prophesying

    1 Chronicles 12:18 and spirit SHE clothed Amasai head of the thirty

    2 Chronicles 24:20 and spirit of Elohim SHE was put on Zechariah son of Jehoiada the priest

    Job 26:13 in spirit of him heavens seemly SHE travailed hand of him serpent fugitive

    Job 33:4 spirit of El SHE made me and breath of Who Suffices SHE is keeping alive me

    Psalm143:10 teach you me to do of approval of you that you Elohim of me spirit of you good SHE shall guide me in land of upright

    Isaiah 11:2 and SHE rests on him spirit Yahweh spirit of wisdom and understanding spirit of counsel

    Isaiah 40:7 he dries up grass he decays blossom that spirit of Yahweh SHE reverses in him surely grass the people

    Isaiah 59:19 and from sunrise of sun glory of him that he shall come as the stream foe spirit of Yahweh SHE makes flee

    Ezekiel 2:2 and SHE is coming in me spirit as which he speaks to me and SHE is standing me on feet of me and I am hearing one speaking to me

    Ezekiel 3:12 and SHE is lifting me spirit and I am hearing behind me sound of quaking great being glory of Yahweh place of him

    Ezekiel 3:14 and spirit SHE lifts up me and she is taking me and I am going bitter in fury spirit of me and hand of Yahweh on me unyielding

    Ezekiel 3:22 and SHE is becoming on me there hand of Yahweh and he is saying to me rise you

    Ezekiel 3:24 and SHE is coming in me spirit and SHE is standing me on feet of me

    Ezekiel 8:3 and SHE is lifting me spirit between the earth and between the heavens and SHE is bringing me Jerusalem ward

    Ezekiel 11:1 and SHE is lifting up me spirit and SHE is bringing me gate of house of Yahweh

    Ezekiel 11:5 and SHE is falling on me spirit Yahweh

    Ezekiel 11:24 and spirit SHE lifts up me and SHE is bringing me Chaldea ward

    Ezekiel 37:1 SHE becomes on me hand of Yahweh and he is bringing forth me in spirit of Yahweh

    Ezekiel 43:5 and SHE is lifting me spirit and she is bringing me to the court the inner and behold he fills glory of Yahweh the house
    I believe the Holy Spirit is indeed feminine. The Godhead, is comprised of Father, Mother/Spirit and Son/Logos. We were created in God's own image, male and female. Most Christians make heaven a very masculine place. God is Father/Masculine, who has a Son/Masculine, who has a bunch of male angels serving His kingdom. The truth is that the earthly masculine and feminine is a reflection of the heavenly masculine and feminine. We have a heavenly Father and a heavenly Mother, but the early Catholic church, eliminated that teaching.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealityJerk For Your Post:

    freelight (December 5th, 2017),WatchmanOnTheWall (December 4th, 2017)

  13. #27
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 873 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    211779
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Some how I don't think it is just 'one more time'- because of your arrogance.

    Now lets look at what you just said; you agree that wind and ground have the female Hebrew pronoun 'she'
    No. I have stated repeatedly that there is no pronoun in those verses.
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    but when the Holy Spirit is called is given the same female 'she' pronoun in Hebrew you believe that somehow that means the Holy Spirit is male. In every other language it would mean female but you think this is some Hebrew twist or word play? No it's not, it says she because she is a she. That's how Hebrew pronouns work, same as any other language.
    I have never said that the holy spirit is male. Again- there is no pronoun there. The text does not say "she" in the original. Your linear translation put that in to indicate gender. Did you notice how other translations, even on that same site, don't have a pronoun?

    Please note: I am not Christian. I am Jewish. The idea of the Holy Spirit being a person of any sex is foreign to me. I am fluent in reading both Modern and Biblical Hebrew. I speak Modern Hebrew every day, as I live in Israel.

  14. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 466 Times in 420 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    Actually the Church is the Bride:

    Ephesians 5:2527
    25Married men, love your wives, as Christ also loved the Church and gave Himself up to death for her; 26in order to make her holy, cleansing her with the baptismal water by the word, 27that He might present the Church to Himself a glorious BRIDE, without spot or wrinkle or any other defect, but to be holy and unblemished.

    2 Corinthians 11:2
    For I am jealous for you with the jealousy of God himself. I promised you as a pure BRIDE to one husband--Christ.
    I said
    I can see the problem. Context context. Have you ever looked up the word folly?


    2 Cor 11:1-2
    1 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly-- and indeed you do bear with me.
    2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
    (NKJ)


    877 aphrosune (af-ros-oo'-nay);

    from 878; senselessness, i.e. (euphem.) egotism; (morally) recklessness:

    KJV-- folly, foolishly (-ness).

    It also fits with wild imagination.

    And in Eph That is to married men and their wives.

  15. #29
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,398
    Thanks
    1,395
    Thanked 1,232 Times in 1,087 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317490
    The holy Spirit fathered Jesus.

  16. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 466 Times in 420 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    The holy Spirit fathered Jesus.
    I said
    The Holy Spirit carries Gods Word. If God says let there be light there is light. If God says let her be pregnant she will be pregnant.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us