User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
Results 196 to 206 of 206

Thread: Why the infraction?

  1. #196
    Old Timer RealityJerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 75 Times in 57 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I'll be back tomorrow, God bless you everybody, that includes John W.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to RealityJerk For Your Post:

    meshak (December 6th, 2017)

  3. #197
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    11,099
    Thanks
    2,982
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    540160
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    I'll be back tomorrow, God bless you everybody, that includes John W.
    You are breath of fresh air.

    thank you for your comments.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  4. #198
    TOL Legend Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    17,149
    Thanks
    26,802
    Thanked 18,457 Times in 11,626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147727
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    God through His power and energies, transforms us. He created us with certain abilities and when we step into a certain position, willingly, he can reform us from within. No doubt.

    Divine energies. Need a biblical reference?
    Um that in red? Thats what i said. He transforms the heart, we dont do it ourselves.

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  6. #199
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,556
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,476 Times in 6,207 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    I didn't quote the bible, if you notice.
    (You need the Spirit of God, to highlight the truth in the bible.)
    Deceit. OK, Lamont, you interpreted a bible, that you say is not to be trusted. Feel better?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    Spirituality, is supra-rational. It's beyond human reason. Spiritual truth is foolishness to those who are perishing. The carnal mind can not appreciate it nor in any way benefit from it.
    You've said NADA.You talk like Albert Camus/Jean Paul Sarte-they talk like you.


    Someone to you: God is a woman, has 5 wives, and lives in the sea. That seems reasonable to me.The Holy Spirit told me.


    You: Right on!!!
    Saint John W

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  8. #200
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,556
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,476 Times in 6,207 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Translation: You can provide no evidence, based upon sight, smell, taste, hearing, touch, that he existed.
    Just:It seems reasonable...I, Lamont, just assume he existed.

    You can't be this stupid. Really Lamont? No one challenges your "right" to believe; The question is: evidence? Belief, and truth, are independent. Veracity exists, irrespective of belief. Belief, or lack thereof, in no way affect objective truth. Your view:It's like a person jumping of a 30 story building, "believing" he can fly, and half way down, he exclaims," So far, so good!" That is fantasy, not biblical/secular faith. Your definition of faith: the lottery.


    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    You're silly John. Grow up.
    That's his best shot. I picked your argument apart, slicing you up, leaving you slumped, on the mat, in a heap.
    Saint John W

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    patrick jane (December 6th, 2017),Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  10. #201
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,556
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,476 Times in 6,207 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    I'll be back tomorrow, God bless you everybody, that includes John W.
    "God?" That's quite subjective.

    Someone to you: Allah is God. The Koran, and the Holy Spirit, told me so.

    You: God/"god" bless you...Right on!!!!!!As long as it seems "reasonable" to you, go for it, "brother!"
    Saint John W

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    glorydaz (December 6th, 2017),patrick jane (December 6th, 2017),Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  12. #202
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,556
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,476 Times in 6,207 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    I already answered the question why I believe an emperor named Caesar existing 2000 years ago is reasonable. Based on the fact we have written evidence, archaeological evidence, that a man named Caesar lived 2000 years ago who was emperor of an empire. Big deal. Nothing extraordinary about that.
    The bible is written evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    It doesn't take much to make that claim reasonable, not as much as it takes to make the belief in Yeshua reasonable, or that a book written by men is the infallible word of almighty God. That would take a lot more evidence, than what is required to reasonably establish mundane, historical realities.
    1. No, the author of the bible is the Lord God.

    2. The "written evidence" re, Caesar is by men. Check. And?

    3. Are you a man? Yes? So, we can reject everything you post.

    Thanks for the concession.

    4. Translated: What you think is "reasonable," and no one else, eh, Lamont? I see.
    Saint John W

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (December 7th, 2017),glorydaz (December 6th, 2017),Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  14. #203
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    11,099
    Thanks
    2,982
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,120 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    540160
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    The bible is written evidence.



    1. No, the author of the bible is the Lord God.

    2. The "written evidence" re, Caesar is by men. Check. And?

    3. Are you a man? Yes? So, we can reject everything you post.

    Thanks for the concession.
    I have to admit you are so good at playing semantic and nitpicking games.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  15. #204
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,556
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,476 Times in 6,207 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147809
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I have to admit you are so good at playing semantic and nitpicking games.
    The bible: The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to God the Father.

    You: nitpickers!


    You santanic loser.
    Saint John W

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (December 7th, 2017),musterion (December 7th, 2017),Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  17. #205
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,081
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 5,898 Times in 4,162 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147703
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post

    Our heavenly Father, established an order and that's His will. If you're in His will, you will be completely satisfied and content with the outcome. The safest place to be is in Yahweh's will.
    Well, good old Paul did not live in a time when women were believed capable of abstract thought. None of them were lawyers or doctors, so he assumed.

    Women then, would gab about domestic issues in the church because they believed they were incapable of understanding anything else.

    I would like to see, on paper, your academic records compared to mine!

    Paul could not foresee the future as well God, (a Sprint)who we humans call "Father" did not have perfect forethought, or we humans would not have freewill. We would be programmed robots
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.


    So, what?

    believe it!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

  19. #206
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    9,081
    Thanks
    2,026
    Thanked 5,898 Times in 4,162 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147703
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    The bible: The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to God the Father.

    You: nitpickers!


    You santanic loser.
    What ever happened to the OV and MAD people on TOL?

    Who are these misfits?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.


    So, what?

    believe it!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 9th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us