User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 263

Thread: Righteousness and Justification by Faith

  1. #76
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Pharisees like you thought that they were without sin because they obeyed the law.
    You are desperate and say anything. I say repent of our sins and work out our salvation and to train ourselves. You make up anything to justify your false beliefs. Doesn't that tell you something when you have to say anything to defend your beliefs?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  2. #77
    Over 2500 post club iouae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 216 Times in 187 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    110423
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You got something wrong there. They not only did not have faith, but they neither OBEYED.

    Joshua 5:6 For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey.

    You don't even know God and He does not know you unless you obey. That is the Word of God who says that in the Holy Bible.
    There seems to be a relationship between faith and obedience. Gideon needed quite a few signs to muster his faith to the point of obedience.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to iouae For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017)

  4. #78
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    There seems to be a relationship between faith and obedience. Gideon needed quite a few signs to muster his faith to the point of obedience.
    It is not so hard.

    Faith by itself is dead. Faith with right action is alive.

    If someone wants to find out, all they have to do is do what Jesus says, then they will be given faith.
    See John 7:17.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  5. #79
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,512
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147693
    As you deal with all the interruptions by the deniers of the Trinity, Robert, let me re-direct your attention to this:

    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5145085

    Still awaiting an actual direct response.

    AMR
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  6. #80
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354740
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    As you deal with all the interruptions by the deniers of the Trinity, Robert, let me re-direct your attention to this:

    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5145085

    Still awaiting an actual direct response.

    AMR
    Not responding to you anymore. You are apparently a Forum pet and I don't want to get banned.

  7. #81
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,599
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41291
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Marhig and you both want to speak untruths about me.

    You both are so contentious and mixed up.
    I haven't said anything about you, and the reason I reacted to meshaks post is because she is right regarding how overly sensitive you are, you go over the top if people don't agree with every single thing you say, you take things too personally. I don't have anything against you, and I agree with many things that you say, but if we disagree on one point, that's it, you start with the badmouthing.

  8. #82
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,599
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41291
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Pharisees like you thought that they were without sin because they obeyed the law.
    We must obey God, Jesus said those who enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the will of the father. And they are also those who are his brothers and sisters and mother.

    So living by the will of God is a must, and that is obeying him. And if we have true faith then God will be first in our lives and we will want to do his will and we will want to please our father because we love him.

  9. #83
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,015
    Thanks
    3,964
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,519 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    I haven't said anything about you, and the reason I reacted to meshaks post is because she is right regarding how overly sensitive you are, you go over the top if people don't agree with every single thing you say, you take things too personally. I don't have anything against you, and I agree with many things that you say, but if we disagree on one point, that's it, you start with the badmouthing.
    I have been bad mouthed by my opponent gossiping around about my faith over and over. They tell me I am just like GT.

    It is so disgraceful and lie. We have nothing in common.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  10. #84
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,669
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked 2,701 Times in 2,485 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    I haven't said anything about you, and the reason I reacted to meshaks post is because she is right regarding how overly sensitive you are, you go over the top if people don't agree with every single thing you say, you take things too personally. I don't have anything against you, and I agree with many things that you say, but if we disagree on one point, that's it, you start with the badmouthing.
    You just don't like to be corrected by anyone about anything.

    No you did say something about me and you prove that you are a dishonest person.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #85
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,599
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41291
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You just don't like to be corrected by anyone about anything.

    No you did say something about me and you prove that you are a dishonest person.
    Where? when? and what did I say?

    By the way, I get corrected all the time, so that's not true. But in God, if I have scriptures that prove what I say is right, then I'll believe them.

  12. #86
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,599
    Thanks
    1,996
    Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,887 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    41291
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I have been bad mouthed by my opponent gossiping around about my faith over and over. They tell me I am just like GT.

    It is so disgraceful and lie. We have nothing in common.
    Let them say what they like Meshak, they say bad things about the way I believe too, Jesus says that we will go through this once we truly follow him. And we are to suffer it and take it and have a forgiving heart and carry on baring witness to the truth regardless of what anyone does to us or says about us and still have hope for them. And if we keep our faith and love God from our hearts and truly follow Jesus then God by his grace will strengthen us to bare it, we just do Gods will, and leave the judging to God.

  13. #87
    Over 5000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    5,525
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    368239
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    Many cannot reconcile James with Paul.

    Did Christ have faith? Yes.
    Did Christ also have works? Yes.

    Did Paul have faith? Yes.
    Did Paul have works? Yes.

    For someone supposedly against works, Paul worked pretty hard, and "boasted" about these.
    Excellent point and fully on display in this thread. If you quote James then according to the OP you must be a "Judaizer", and according to the Reformist-Calvinist you must be an Arminian, Synergist, blah, blah, blah. Nothing but excuses from people not taking all of the writings into account, and rather choosing one author over another, pitting scripture against scripture so as to nullify what they do not wish to accept or believe. However, where do we find any warning about those who twist and subvert the writings of James to their own destruction? (lol), nowhere, but we do read of Peter saying the same concerning the writings of Paul, and that is enough for me to guard myself, and to take that warning seriously, and to be very careful when it comes to the (awesomely supernal) things that Paul is teaching.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    iouae (December 7th, 2017),lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017)

  15. #88
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,821
    Thanks
    4,512
    Thanked 3,976 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Blog Entries
    148
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147693

    Thumbs down Robert Pate Sees Bogeymen All Around

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Not responding to you anymore. You are apparently a Forum pet and I don't want to get banned.
    I hope that is a promise, Robert. I will leverage your pouting and mournful avowal to the best possible use.

    AMR
    Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; December 7th, 2017 at 12:21 AM. Reason: grammar
    Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



    Do you confess?
    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  16. #89
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    23,627
    Thanks
    14,740
    Thanked 37,239 Times in 18,605 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147804
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You just don't like to be corrected by anyone about anything.
    Here's a great big cast iron cooking pot calling a little tiny cast iron cup holder BLACK.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    daqq (December 6th, 2017),lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017),Tambora (December 7th, 2017)

  18. #90
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,015
    Thanks
    3,964
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,519 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Let them say what they like Meshak, they say bad things about the way I believe too, Jesus says that we will go through this once we truly follow him. And we are to suffer it and take it and have a forgiving heart and carry on baring witness to the truth regardless of what anyone does to us or says about us and still have hope for them. And if we keep our faith and love God from our hearts and truly follow Jesus then God by his grace will strengthen us to bare it, we just do Gods will, and leave the judging to God.
    You are right. That's why I am saying I am not mature like you. My worldly mind get upset when I see people smearing my faith for my God and Jesus and spreading lies that I am a non-believer.

    It is so despicable and vicious when they spread with gossiping manner like they do.

    thanks.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us