Thread: Righteousness and Justification by Faith

Thanks
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The Pharisees like you thought that they were without sin because they obeyed the law.
    You are desperate and say anything. I say repent of our sins and work out our salvation and to train ourselves. You make up anything to justify your false beliefs. Doesn't that tell you something when you have to say anything to defend your beliefs?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You got something wrong there. They not only did not have faith, but they neither OBEYED.

Joshua 5:6 For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD: unto whom the LORD sware that he would not shew them the land, which the LORD sware unto their fathers that he would give us, a land that floweth with milk and honey.

You don't even know God and He does not know you unless you obey. That is the Word of God who says that in the Holy Bible.
    There seems to be a relationship between faith and obedience. Gideon needed quite a few signs to muster his faith to the point of obedience.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iouae For Your Post:

lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    There seems to be a relationship between faith and obedience. Gideon needed quite a few signs to muster his faith to the point of obedience.
    It is not so hard.

Faith by itself is dead. Faith with right action is alive.

If someone wants to find out, all they have to do is do what Jesus says, then they will be given faith.
    See John 7:17.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,844 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As you deal with all the interruptions by the deniers of the Trinity, Robert, let me re-direct your attention to this:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5145085

Still awaiting an actual direct response.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,064 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    As you deal with all the interruptions by the deniers of the Trinity, Robert, let me re-direct your attention to this:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5145085

Still awaiting an actual direct response.

AMR
    Not responding to you anymore. You are apparently a Forum pet and I don't want to get banned.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

God's Truth (December 6th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 1,503 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marhig and you both want to speak untruths about me.

You both are so contentious and mixed up.
    I haven't said anything about you, and the reason I reacted to meshaks post is because she is right regarding how overly sensitive you are, you go over the top if people don't agree with every single thing you say, you take things too personally. I don't have anything against you, and I agree with many things that you say, but if we disagree on one point, that's it, you start with the badmouthing.

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pharisees like you thought that they were without sin because they obeyed the law.
    We must obey God, Jesus said those who enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the will of the father. And they are also those who are his brothers and sisters and mother.

So living by the will of God is a must, and that is obeying him. And if we have true faith then God will be first in our lives and we will want to do his will and we will want to please our father because we love him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,116 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    I haven't said anything about you, and the reason I reacted to meshaks post is because she is right regarding how overly sensitive you are, you go over the top if people don't agree with every single thing you say, you take things too personally. I don't have anything against you, and I agree with many things that you say, but if we disagree on one point, that's it, you start with the badmouthing.
    I have been bad mouthed by my opponent gossiping around about my faith over and over. They tell me I am just like GT.

It is so disgraceful and lie. We have nothing in common.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just don't like to be corrected by anyone about anything.

No you did say something about me and you prove that you are a dishonest person.

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you did say something about me and you prove that you are a dishonest person.
    Where? when? and what did I say?

By the way, I get corrected all the time, so that's not true. But in God, if I have scriptures that prove what I say is right, then I'll believe them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I have been bad mouthed by my opponent gossiping around about my faith over and over. They tell me I am just like GT.

It is so disgraceful and lie. We have nothing in common.
    Let them say what they like Meshak, they say bad things about the way I believe too, Jesus says that we will go through this once we truly follow him. And we are to suffer it and take it and have a forgiving heart and carry on baring witness to the truth regardless of what anyone does to us or says about us and still have hope for them. And if we keep our faith and love God from our hearts and truly follow Jesus then God by his grace will strengthen us to bare it, we just do Gods will, and leave the judging to God.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 945 Posts

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iouae View Post
    Many cannot reconcile James with Paul.

Did Christ have faith? Yes.
    Did Christ also have works? Yes.

Did Paul have faith? Yes.
    Did Paul have works? Yes.

For someone supposedly against works, Paul worked pretty hard, and "boasted" about these.
    Excellent point and fully on display in this thread. If you quote James then according to the OP you must be a "Judaizer", and according to the Reformist-Calvinist you must be an Arminian, Synergist, blah, blah, blah. Nothing but excuses from people not taking all of the writings into account, and rather choosing one author over another, pitting scripture against scripture so as to nullify what they do not wish to accept or believe. However, where do we find any warning about those who twist and subvert the writings of James to their own destruction? (lol), nowhere, but we do read of Peter saying the same concerning the writings of Paul, and that is enough for me to guard myself, and to take that warning seriously, and to be very careful when it comes to the (awesomely supernal) things that Paul is teaching.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

iouae (December 7th, 2017),lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017)

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 1,844 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Robert Pate Sees Bogeymen All Around

Not responding to you anymore. You are apparently a Forum pet and I don't want to get banned.
    I hope that is a promise, Robert. I will leverage your pouting and mournful avowal to the best possible use.

AMR
    Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; December 7th, 2017 at 12:21 AM. Reason: grammar
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

Thanks
    Thanked 26,232 Times in 13,239 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a great big cast iron cooking pot calling a little tiny cast iron cup holder BLACK.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

daqq (December 6th, 2017),lifeisgood (December 8th, 2017),Tambora (December 7th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,116 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let them say what they like Meshak, they say bad things about the way I believe too, Jesus says that we will go through this once we truly follow him. And we are to suffer it and take it and have a forgiving heart and carry on baring witness to the truth regardless of what anyone does to us or says about us and still have hope for them. And if we keep our faith and love God from our hearts and truly follow Jesus then God by his grace will strengthen us to bare it, we just do Gods will, and leave the judging to God.
    You are right. That's why I am saying I am not mature like you. My worldly mind get upset when I see people smearing my faith for my God and Jesus and spreading lies that I am a non-believer.

It is so despicable and vicious when they spread with gossiping manner like they do.

thanks.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thread Information