User Tag List

Page 142 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2449

Thread: Scripture. What is considered Scripture?

Over 2500 post club WatchmanOnTheWall's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    I see my error from the previous page now that it is too late, I hope everyone will forgive me for inadvertently opening the door wide open for you to turn this thread into another "God's Calendar" soapbox. What's next? Oh yeah, no doubt your prophecies and predictions of the tribulation beginning in 2022 and Jesus returning in 2029 are sure to follow.
    I agree it is a bit tangential but then at the moment 'our' current 1582 Gregorian man made calendar that most live by is not based on scripture, while God's Calendar that is based on scripture is all but ignored by mostly everyone, Christian and non-Christian alike.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,402 Times in 2,610 Posts

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchmanOnTheWall View Post
    No way, more the merrier. It's just you keep using the 'I'm outta here!' statement like it some how adds weight to any argument you make. It's pointless and makes you look rather priggish.
    Post both (I know which you are talking about). Neither of them says what you think it does.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Post both (I know which you are talking about). Neither of them says what you think it does.
    Are you asking me to look for your posts and show them to you?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,283 Posts

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What proof would you need to be convinced?
    If you think you have something new there is no one is stopping you from posting it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenn View Post
    You actually think calling somebody dense is not an insult but an 'assessment'? That it's acceptable professional practice for a teacher to call somebody dense?

Wow. You may wish to work on your social skills and ask that friend you don't have about whether calling somebody dense is an insult or not.

Zenn
    Or viper? Was the Lord Jesus Christ simply 'name-calling?' It is ONLY an insult if the person takes it that way. "You are fat." Rude? Yes, BUT it might be said of a person that genuinely cares about the other person. It might also be true!

Dense means "Thick, I can't get through." MOST students don't argue with their teachers so you are being a bit thick here yourself. Bad? Only if you want to learn OR someone wants to get through. Stop pandering to the Politically Correct Crowd else you'll be censoring the words of the Lord Jesus Christ along the way. Admittedly, I'm not as gentle as the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm a bit more of a son of thunder but I am working on it. I've not called down fire to consume anyone lately (maybe I'm NOT actually a son of thunder ).

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    delete

Thanks

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you asking me to look for your posts and show them to you?
    I'll give them to you in brief: First one, to you: "See you later" (and I did, in this very thread).

The second one: "I'm done, I 'may' (and I did, in this very thread).

Let your yes be yes and your no be no, no?

I am done trying to explain what cannot be explained, given the shortage of resources, here.

I can read along and make occasional comments. See even our discussion? Nothing to do with thread,
    clarifying what I've said about what I will and will not be participating in from this point on. <--(also not a goodbye icon, just in case its misconstrued, I try to make my yes, yes, and no, no).

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give them to you in brief: First one, to you: "See you later" (and I did, in this very thread).

The second one: "I'm done, I 'may' (and I did, in this very thread).

Let your yes be yes and your no be no, no?
    Yes

I am done trying to explain what cannot be explained, given the shortage of resources, here.
    Is your internet not working properly?

I can read along and make occasional comments. See even our discussion? Nothing to do with thread,
    clarifying what I've said about what I will and will not be participating in from this point on. <--(also not a goodbye icon, just in case its misconstrued, I try to make my yes, yes, and no, no).
    Yes

Thanks

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is you internet not working properly?

Yes
    Yes, that is one of those resources too.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    If you think you have something new there is no one is stopping you from posting it.
    So you are willing and open to believing something new about the Bible?

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm, Does it? How does it say that?

After all:
    Leviticus 16:12-13
    12 He shall take the censer full of coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and two handfuls of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the veil:
    13 and he shall put the incense on the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is on the testimony, so that he not die.

Shows that it is brought into the H of H only once a year.
    Read the rest of the chapter, especially verses 29 and 34, and you will see.

This shall be a statute to you forever: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you shall deny yourselves, and shall do no work, neither the citizen nor the alien who resides among you. 30 For on this day atonement shall be made for you, to cleanse you; from all your sins you shall be clean before the Lord. 31 It is a sabbath of complete rest to you, and you shall deny yourselves; it is a statute forever. 32 The priest who is anointed and consecrated as priest in his father's place shall make atonement, wearing the linen vestments, the holy vestments. 33 He shall make atonement for the sanctuary, and he shall make atonement for the tent of meeting and for the altar, and he shall make atonement for the priests and for all the people of the assembly. 34 This shall be an everlasting statute for you, to make atonement for the people of Israel once in the year for all their sins. And Moses did as the Lord had commanded him.

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One would need to use a secondary definition of the word ἔχω along with a secondary definition of the word και (using "for" instead of "and").

(LINK) See entry 2

(LINK) ἔχω 2

χρυσουν εχουσα (ἔχω 2 - bringing) θυμιατηριον και (for) την the κιβωτον ark της of the διαθηκης covenant.

(or very loosely...) Which the golden censer was brought for the ark of the covenant....

Highly interesting.

I cannot refute the possibility without much more reading. Might I ask what specifically led you to this conclusion? Some gut feel?

Zenn

PS: Cobra, this one might really be a bad translation error, or more likely, a very strange way that the author of Hebrews wrote. I can see where this would make a great PhD. thesis.
    Thanks.

I encourage you to look at how inappropriate that looks with the rest of the text, which is essentially a floor plan:

Now even the first covenant had regulations for worship and an earthly sanctuary. 2 For a tent was constructed, the first one, in which were the lampstand, the table, and the bread of the Presence; this is called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a tent called the Holy of Holies. 4 In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant; 5 above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat. Of these things we cannot speak now in detail.

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or viper? Was the Lord Jesus Christ simply 'name-calling?' It is ONLY an insult if the person takes it that way. "You are fat." Rude? Yes, BUT it might be said of a person that genuinely cares about the other person. It might also be true!

Dense means "Thick, I can't get through." MOST students don't argue with their teachers so you are being a bit thick here yourself. Bad? Only if you want to learn OR someone wants to get through. Stop pandering to the Politically Correct Crowd else you'll be censoring the words of the Lord Jesus Christ along the way. Admittedly, I'm not as gentle as the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm a bit more of a son of thunder but I am working on it. I've not called down fire to consume anyone lately (maybe I'm NOT actually a son of thunder ).
    I don’t know, Lon, about your comparing yourself to the Savior and to the Apostles while you refuse to engage in a discussion of the scriptures.

Seems far from appropriate.

When Jesus addressed people as vipers and hypocrites, those addressed were typically those formally trained in religion who valued their traditions above mercy and truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Shabbat can begin before sundown and end after sundown.
    Well that's a new one to me.
    It is difficult to be reasonable with those who cannot reason.

Thanks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well that's a new one to me.
    Shalom.

Shabbat, the Sabbath, is the Seventh Day of the Week, both Night and Day.

Shalom.

Jacob
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thread Information