User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 206

Thread: What is the HiSTORICAL GOSPEL of Jesus Christ?

  1. #61
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Before Paul was a Christian he was a Pharisee, Philippians 3:4-6.

    The law is the nature and character of God. To say that you can keep the law is to say that you are as righteous as God, which is blasphemy.
    I do not believe that Paul is saying before anything. God would not have given us His Law if it was not meant to be kept. Jesus kept it. He instructed to keep and teach it.

  2. #62
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I did.

    I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

    1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
    Are you talking about believing more than one thing or continuing to believe something or a thing until something happens or comes to pass? If you believe, simply believe, God recognizes that. You do not need to be in a continual state of believing, except that once you believe, you are saved and do not need to do anything else other than believe. God wants you to obey Him, but that is either something that God does in you or a part of believing. I do not believe that you need to maintain your salvation, because it is God in Christ who saves you. Once you are saved, born again, by believing, faith, faith unto obedience, you are a part of the body of Christ. No works to be saved, but obedience, works, are and do exist as the result of salvation. The other view is once you have faith do not lose that faith or you will lose your salvation. Or, once you have faith you never lose it.

    Shalom.

    Jacob

  3. #63
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,201
    Thanks
    8,300
    Thanked 26,232 Times in 13,239 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147738
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Those who are not obedient to God are not of God.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    We don't obey our way into God's family. We believe our way into Him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    You cannot believe your way into anything other than trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Just believe. Don't believe into something.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I did.

    I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

    1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Are you talking about believing more than one thing or continuing to believe something or a thing until something happens or comes to pass? If you believe, simply believe, God recognizes that. You do not need to be in a continual state of believing, except that once you believe, you are saved and do not need to do anything else other than believe. God wants you to obey Him, but that is either something that God does in you or a part of believing. I do not believe that you need to maintain your salvation, because it is God in Christ who saves you. Once you are saved, born again, by believing, faith, faith unto obedience, you are a part of the body of Christ. No works to be saved, but obedience, works, are and do exist as the result of salvation. The other view is once you have faith do not lose that faith or you will lose your salvation. Or, once you have faith you never lose it.

    Shalom.

    Jacob
    You said those who don't obey are not of God. Now you're talking about believing.



    So what do you believe into. The family of God? The body of Christ? What?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 3rd, 2017)

  5. #64
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    31,702
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    96858
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I did.

    I believed into the body of Christ. When I believed, I was created IN HIM....begotten through the Gospel.

    1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
    Jesus chooses whom he live with, and he lives with those who repent of their sins.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. #65
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    31,702
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    96858
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You said those who don't obey are not of God. Now you're talking about believing.



    So what do you believe into. The family of God? The body of Christ? What?
    You ought to know by now how Jacob is a dishonest person to discuss with.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  7. #66
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,201
    Thanks
    8,300
    Thanked 26,232 Times in 13,239 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147738
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus chooses whom he live with, and he lives with those who repent of their sins.
    Liar.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 3rd, 2017)

  9. #67
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    31,702
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    96858
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Liar.
    Scriptures that say we have to obey:

    See Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

    Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

    John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

    John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

    John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

    Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, Psalm 50:23, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #68
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    31,702
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    96858
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Liar.
    Scriptures that say we have to repent of our sins to be saved:

    Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

    Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

    Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

    Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

    Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

    Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

    Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

    Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

    Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.


    Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and turn back so that your sins may be wiped out,

    Did you read Acts 3:19? If they are already saved then why are their sins not already wiped out?

    Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  11. #69
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You said those who don't obey are not of God. Now you're talking about believing.



    So what do you believe into. The family of God? The body of Christ? What?
    I don't believe into anything. When I believed the truth I became a part of, or a member of, the body of Christ, the Church.

    Believing and obeying are both good.

    Believing God. Believing the truth. Believing the truth about God and Christ.

    Obeying God. Obeying Christ. Obeying those who rule over you. Obeying, obedience, to God and Christ and to the truth even the gospel.

  12. #70
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,201
    Thanks
    8,300
    Thanked 26,232 Times in 13,239 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147738
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Scriptures that say we have to obey:

    See Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

    Acts 10:35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

    John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

    John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

    John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

    Jesus saves those who believe and obey him. See Acts 5:32, Psalm 50:23, Matthew 18:3, Luke 13:3, John 15:14, Matthew 12:50,Luke 11:28, John 13:17.
    Not a one of those is the Gospel of Grace.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 3rd, 2017)

  14. #71
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18,201
    Thanks
    8,300
    Thanked 26,232 Times in 13,239 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147738
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I don't believe into anything. When I believed the truth I became a part of, or a member of, the body of Christ, the Church.

    Believing and obeying are both good.

    Believing God. Believing the truth. Believing the truth about God and Christ.

    Obeying God. Obeying Christ. Obeying those who rule over you. Obeying, obedience, to God and Christ and to the truth even the gospel.
    I see you try to cover ever base.

    And how did you become a member of the body of Christ?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (December 3rd, 2017)

  16. #72
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    31,702
    Thanks
    1,985
    Thanked 2,193 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    96858
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Not a one of those is the Gospel of Grace.
    Of course it is, it is about receiving the Holy Spirit.

    Duh
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #73
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,638
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 1,064 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    331266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I do not believe that Paul is saying before anything. God would not have given us His Law if it was not meant to be kept. Jesus kept it. He instructed to keep and teach it.
    God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

    The law was given as a keeper until Jesus arrived, after Jesus arrived they were to live by the Spirit and not the law.

  18. #74
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I see you try to cover ever base.

    And how did you become a member of the body of Christ?
    I asked Jesus into my heart as a child. I had pretended to be asleep and confessed this lie to my parents.

  19. #75
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,853
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 502 Times in 472 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    81516
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    God never intended for his people to live according to rules and laws, "THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH" Romans 1:17.

    The law was given as a keeper until Jesus arrived, after Jesus arrived they were to live by the Spirit and not the law.
    Obeying God's Commandments can be seen as obeying God's Law.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us