TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    None intended...as is the following

But you said "Being rich is a sin" did you not?

Question: Does God determine being rich a sin based on what society says? Because it seems that is what your saying....clarification please.
    I said
    Yes what society says is rich. Man has a measurement.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Judson50 View Post
    I think that’s a very short sighted view of the verses you quoted.

If God Chose to bless you with lots of money, then you should use it to bless others.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    I said
    That is true. And if you blessed others as much as you should. you wouldn't be rich anymore. You wouldn't have anything left over.

2 Cor 8:12-15
    12 For if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according to what one has, and not according to what he does not have.
    13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened;
    14 but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack-- that there may be equality.
    15 As it is written, "He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little had no lack."

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squeaky,

You seem to be making a big deal out of a few texts and ignoring everything else God has ever said on the subject.

Deuteronomy 28: 9 The Lord will establish you as a people holy to himself, as he has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in his ways. 10 And all the peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you. 11 And the Lord will make you abound in prosperity, in the fruit of your womb and in the fruit of your livestock and in the fruit of your ground, within the land that the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. 12 The Lord will open to you his good treasury, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. 13 And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you shall only go up and not down, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, being careful to do them,
    IKings 3: 10 It pleased the Lord that Solomon had asked this. 11 And God said to him, “Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right, 12 behold, I now do according to your word. Behold, I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you. 13 I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days.
    IKings 10: 14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents of gold, 15 besides that which came from the explorers and from the business of the merchants, and from all the kings of the west and from the governors of the land. 16 King Solomon made 200 large shields of beaten gold; 600 shekels of gold went into each shield. 17 And he made 300 shields of beaten gold; three minas of gold went into each shield. And the king put them in the House of the Forest of Lebanon. 18 The king also made a great ivory throne and overlaid it with the finest gold. 19 The throne had six steps, and at the back of the throne was a calf's head, and on each side of the seat were armrests and two lions standing beside the armrests, 20 while twelve lions stood there, one on each end of a step on the six steps. The like of it was never made in any kingdom. 21 All King Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold, and all the vessels of the House of the Forest of Lebanon were of pure gold. None were of silver; silver was not considered as anything in the days of Solomon. 22 For the king had a fleet of ships of Tarshish at sea with the fleet of Hiram. Once every three years the fleet of ships of Tarshish used to come bringing gold, silver, ivory, apes, and peacocks.
    Do you know what a talent of gold weighed? It was 250 lbs. Try multiplying 250 times 666 to see how many pounds that is. There are 14.5833 troy ounces in a pound of gold as precious metals are weighed by the troy ounce. The price of gold today is $1280/oz. That's the spot Monex price. What is Solomon's income in gold alone worth today? $3,107,999,289.60 That is only a portion of Solomon's income every year.

I'd say God made Solomon extremely wealthy. So, basically you're saying God is the author of sin. That He caused Solomon to sin because God said He would give Solomon wealth. God made that same promise to the enitire nation of Israel. See the quote from Deuteronomy 28 above. The nation of Israel was to be the head and not the tail. The were to never have to borrow, but would be lenders instead. And God said he would bless all the works of their hands.

Seems to me that God has a different opinion of wealth than you do. What the Bible says is wrong is the love of mammon(wealth). For the love of money is the root of all evil. ITimothy 6:10 Notice, it is the love of money, not the money itself that is evil.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (November 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said Your wrong, Jesus was 100% honest.
    Note the language and grammar of the scripture below.

"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." (Rom 3:10-12)

You see, when an indictment is issued against the human race, Jesus is presumed the exception, viz: it isn't necessary to say so.

BTW: Next time be sure to spell "Your wrong" correctly. It should be in the from of a contraction; like this: You're wrong.

/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    -

Note the language and grammar of the scripture below.

"There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." (Rom 3:10-12)

You see, when an indictment is issued against the human race, Jesus is presumed the exception, viz: it isn't necessary to say so.

BTW: Next time be sure to spell "Your wrong" correctly. It should be in the from of a contraction; like this: You're wrong.

/
    I said
    ROFLOL (in the from of a contraction)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    I said ROFLOL (in the from of a contraction)
    ROFOL isn't a contraction; it's an acronym.

Webster's defines contraction as a shortening of a word, syllable, or word group by omission of a sound or letter; also: a form produced by such shortening. For example "They'll" is a contraction for "they will."

Contractions are typically (though not always) a short-cut combination of a noun/pronoun and a verb wherein the some of the lettering of the verb is replaced with an apostrophe.

Social networking is to blame for much of today's bad spelling. The constant use of its jargon is actually dumbing modern youngsters down to the point that it's not unusual for the iPhone generation to have difficulty filling out a legible job application; sometimes even college applications are a bit of a challenge for network brains.

Take it from a 73 year-old senior citizen who's been around the block a time or two: substandard language skills do not make a good impression; they make people look childish, stupid, uneducated, backward, incompetent, and incoherent. There's no real advantage to coming across as a clod. It might be cool to be a clod amongst your peers; but in the real world clods typically earn themselves mockery and disgust instead of respect.

"Let a man meet a bear robbed of her cubs, rather than a fool in his folly." (Prov 17:12)

/
    Last edited by WeberHome; November 15th, 2017 at 08:35 AM.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -

ROFOL isn't a contraction; it's an acronym.

Webster's defines contraction as a shortening of a word, syllable, or word group by omission of a sound or letter; also: a form produced by such shortening. For example "They'll" is a contraction for "they will."

Contractions are typically (though not always) a short-cut combination of a noun/pronoun and a verb wherein the some of the lettering of the verb is replaced with an apostrophe.

Social networking is to blame for much of today's bad spelling. The constant use of its jargon is actually dumbing modern youngsters down to the point that it's not unusual for the iPhone generation to have difficulty filling out a legible job application; sometimes even college applications are a bit of a challenge for network brains.

Take it from a 73 year-old senior citizen who's been around the block a time or two: substandard language skills do not make a good impression; they make people look childish, stupid, uneducated, backward, incompetent, and incoherent. There's no real advantage to coming across as a clod. It might be cool to be a clod amongst your peers; but in the real world clods typically earn themselves mockery and disgust instead of respect.

"Let a man meet a bear robbed of her cubs, rather than a fool in his folly." (Prov 17:12)

/
    I said
    lol I was laughing at your statement while correcting me on spelling. What is a "from" in this statement.

(in the from of a contraction)

Matt 23:24
    24 "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
    (NKJ)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    What is a "from" in this statement. (in the from of a contraction)
    "from" instead of "form" is what's known as a typo, which are normal errors made even by the best of writers. In contrast, social-network misspelled words are typically deliberate and habitual.

/

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    1Cor 14:18-20 . . In the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue. Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

I would offer that passage as practical advice to Christians caught up in social networking. Leave your weird vocabulary at home so that when you converse with regular people at church, they won't need a special glossary and/or an urban dictionary to figure out what you're saying.

/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -

"from" instead of "form" is what's known as a typo, which are normal errors made even by the best of writers. In contrast, social-network misspelled words are typically deliberate and habitual.

/
    I said
    lol I know even I do it some times. You can save your English lessons on me. I wouldn't know a verb from a spare tire.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -
    1Cor 14:18-20 . . In the church I would rather speak five intelligible words to instruct others than ten thousand words in a tongue. Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

I would offer that passage as practical advice to Christians caught up in social networking. Leave your weird vocabulary at home so that when you converse with intelligent people at church, they won't need a special glossary and/or an urban dictionary to figure out what you're saying.

/
    I said
    lol I don't think even Jesus would understand the intellectuals of today. Your missing the most important point. Our fancy language is a delusion to the language of the Holy Spirit. There were two trees in the garden of Eden. The tree of life, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

John 6:63
    63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
    (NKJ)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Do you know what sin is? Anything not done in faith is sin. A rich person lacks one thing in order to have treasures in heaven.

Luke 18:22-23
    22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
    23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.
    (NKJ)

Rom 14:23
    23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
    (NKJ)
    So where is the verse that says being rich is a sin?

Did Jesus tell all rich people to do that? or just him?

Did Jesus tell all people to wash in the pool of Shiloam or just that one person person who was born blind?

Did Jesus command to all people "Lazarus, come forth"?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said
    lol Doesn't anyone read the bible anymore. Is a thief and a robber sinning?

John 10:7-8
    7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
    8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
    (NKJ)
    Don't change the subject, we are talking about rich people.

Show me where Abraham's wealth was a sin against God!

Show me where Job's wealth was a sin to God! Job 1:3,8;2:3

God's opinion of Job was rather high, if you ask me.

Job 2:3 God still has the same judgment of Job as He had before he lost his wealth and children.

Job's problem is clearly stated in Job 3:25. You don't have to be rich to be fearful and afraid. that is common to all men until they overcome it by believing God.

So do you suggest that married people are sinful because they are married? After all only people can cheat against their spouse!

Are you suggesting that children are evil because they do not always obey their parents?

What sin did Joseph of Arimathea do? He was wealthy. He is the only one who initiated taking care of Jesus' body. Was that a sin?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 17th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Timothy 6:17

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Here God says He gives us all things RICHLY to enjoy!

Are you accusing God of giving to us richly so that they can sin?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 1,042 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    I Timothy 6:17

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Here God says He gives us all things RICHLY to enjoy!

Are you accusing God of giving to us richly so that they can sin?
    Being rich is inconsiderate for the poor. Being rich is so against Jesus' principle of love. Jesus is for the whole world, not just for a few countries.

When we think about other country's poverty, we cannot stay rich. We can enjoy life without being rich.

There are too many things against being rich. It is not of Jesus.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thread Information