User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Evil bigot father with assault weapon assaults teens

  1. #1
    Proud customer of Old Glory Robot Insurance. musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    20,113
    Thanks
    3,425
    Thanked 16,796 Times in 9,631 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147734

    Evil bigot father with assault weapon assaults teens

    Is this a good example of why we should outlaw all guns?

    https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-b...ter-kidnappers
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 19th, 2017)

  3. #2
    Silver Member kmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A farm
    Posts
    10,548
    Thanks
    1,222
    Thanked 2,589 Times in 1,383 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1232219
    So you found a story where someone used a gun for something good. Do you think that ends the gun debate? Has someone said that guns are always used for evil purposes?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

    Rusha (November 14th, 2017)

  5. #3
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,856
    Thanks
    142,783
    Thanked 43,124 Times in 26,464 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148120
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Is this a good example of why we should outlaw all guns?

    https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-b...ter-kidnappers
    All I get is Not Found.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  6. #4
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 258 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93190
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    So you found a story where someone used a gun for something good. Do you think that ends the gun debate? Has someone said that guns are always used for evil purposes?
    Well, actually, yes. I have seen that quite a few times. Guns are only made to kill people! Gun murders! Implying, of course, they are only made for the committing of murder and the only thing responsible for the murder is the gun.

    And, no, it won't stop the debate, because the people who want to remove guns don't care how often they are used for positive purposes. Admitting there are positive usages for guns, and millions upon millions of people who have never used their firearms to hurt another person, doesn't fit their agenda.

    I see some people's fear of guns as irrational. They will freak out if they are in the same room as a gun. They actually will fear the gun just because it's there. No one has to be holding it, or using it threaten anyone. They just lose it based upon the gun being there. In other words they have an irrational fear of an inanimate object that can do them no harm just by existing. It takes a human being using that gun to make it do anything. Yet these people are so ignorant and so bound up in their fears that they cannot understand that. These people have simply been brainwashed into such an irrational fear. To me it's like someone who will fear a stone because stones have been used to kill people.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 14th, 2017)

  8. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,827
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,368 Times in 1,001 Posts

    Blog Entries
    11
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Well, actually, yes. I have seen that quite a few times. Guns are only made to kill people! Gun murders! Implying, of course, they are only made for the committing of murder and the only thing responsible for the murder is the gun.

    And, no, it won't stop the debate, because the people who want to remove guns don't care how often they are used for positive purposes. Admitting there are positive usages for guns, and millions upon millions of people who have never used their firearms to hurt another person, doesn't fit their agenda.

    I see some people's fear of guns as irrational. They will freak out if they are in the same room as a gun. They actually will fear the gun just because it's there. No one has to be holding it, or using it threaten anyone. They just lose it based upon the gun being there. In other words they have an irrational fear of an inanimate object that can do them no harm just by existing. It takes a human being using that gun to make it do anything. Yet these people are so ignorant and so bound up in their fears that they cannot understand that. These people have simply been brainwashed into such an irrational fear. To me it's like someone who will fear a stone because stones have been used to kill people.


    Given the 58 killed and over 500 wounded in Las Vegas in a matter of minutes by one disturbed individual with 17 guns, tell us again why the fear of guns is "irrational" and just how the shooter could have inflicted all that carnage from his hotel room armed with "stones!"

  9. #6
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,856
    Thanks
    142,783
    Thanked 43,124 Times in 26,464 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148120
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Well, actually, yes. I have seen that quite a few times. Guns are only made to kill people! Gun murders! Implying, of course, they are only made for the committing of murder and the only thing responsible for the murder is the gun.

    And, no, it won't stop the debate, because the people who want to remove guns don't care how often they are used for positive purposes. Admitting there are positive usages for guns, and millions upon millions of people who have never used their firearms to hurt another person, doesn't fit their agenda.

    I see some people's fear of guns as irrational. They will freak out if they are in the same room as a gun. They actually will fear the gun just because it's there. No one has to be holding it, or using it threaten anyone. They just lose it based upon the gun being there. In other words they have an irrational fear of an inanimate object that can do them no harm just by existing. It takes a human being using that gun to make it do anything. Yet these people are so ignorant and so bound up in their fears that they cannot understand that. These people have simply been brainwashed into such an irrational fear. To me it's like someone who will fear a stone because stones have been used to kill people.
    Well said.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  10. #7
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,856
    Thanks
    142,783
    Thanked 43,124 Times in 26,464 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148120
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post


    Given the 58 killed and over 500 wounded in Las Vegas in a matter of minutes by one disturbed individual with 17 guns, tell us again why the fear of guns is "irrational" and just how the shooter could have inflicted all that carnage from his hotel room armed with "stones!"
    Omce again, whoosh, right over Cartoon Boy's head.
    A gun cannot choose to take action, any more than a stone can.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  11. #8
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 258 Times in 177 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    93190
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post


    Given the 58 killed and over 500 wounded in Las Vegas in a matter of minutes by one disturbed individual with 17 guns, tell us again why the fear of guns is "irrational" and just how the shooter could have inflicted all that carnage from his hotel room armed with "stones!"
    Sorry, but you are a prime example of what you just responded to.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us