User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Existence of Climate "Change."

  1. #1
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,339
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1099209

    The Existence of Climate "Change."

    A Simple Lesson...

    Particular benefits of interior plants include:

    Reducing carbon dioxide levels.

    Increasing humidity.

    Reducing levels of certain pollutants, such as benzene and nitrogen dioxide.

    Reducing airborne dust levels.

    Keeping air temperatures down.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YIio3IJFKWTDzN
    That right there is a simple example of the very real existence of climate "change," albeit; a positive one.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    Rusha (November 12th, 2017)

  3. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Danoh,

    I doubt very few, if any, people deny the climate is changing. I've watched changes in it for decades. However, I dispute the idea that it is human caused. Climate change has been going on for many centuries. There have been periodic cooling and warming cycles for thousands of years. Meaning, of course, that these cycles happened long before man-made pollutants could have been responsible for any of it.

    As to the "settled science" part of the argument there have been 900 scientific papers published in 2017 alone disputing what the alarmists and politicians have been trumpeting. It's also interesting that the former head of Greenpeace has come out against this agenda. And, since there has been no warming now for the last 19 years the arguments for it are looking ever more specious. So, this is far from a controversy that was "settled" already.

    You might find the following link interesting. It is pretty transparent as to who has signed this petition and what their qualifications are.

    http://www.petitionproject.org/

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    Jerry Shugart (November 18th, 2017),patrick jane (November 19th, 2017)

  5. #3
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    9,865
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked 7,360 Times in 4,781 Posts

    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147779
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Danoh,

    I doubt very few, if any, people deny the climate is changing. I've watched changes in it for decades. However, I dispute the idea that it is human caused. Climate change has been going on for many centuries. There have been periodic cooling and warming cycles for thousands of years. Meaning, of course, that these cycles happened long before man-made pollutants could have been responsible for any of it.

    As to the "settled science" part of the argument there have been 900 scientific papers published in 2017 alone disputing what the alarmists and politicians have been trumpeting. It's also interesting that the former head of Greenpeace has come out against this agenda. And, since there has been no warming now for the last 19 years the arguments for it are looking ever more specious. So, this is far from a controversy that was "settled" already.

    You might find the following link interesting. It is pretty transparent as to who has signed this petition and what their qualifications are.

    http://www.petitionproject.org/
    Good points all!

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    ffreeloader (November 13th, 2017),Tambora (November 13th, 2017)

  7. #4
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,339
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 2,415 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1099209
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Good points all!
    At the same time, you well know the impact that one minor shift in your health can have on other aspects of your own body's internal "climate."

    You well know by now, of some the all encompassing result of "the bondage of corruption" brought about on every aspect of this planet "by one man's transgression."

    And just as with this planet itself, within each of us is a very intricate, very minutely interconnected eco-system.

    Just as our actions and inactions greatly impact each our own internal eco-system, likewise as to our impact on the eco-system all around us, and that we are so a part of.

    All the way back to when man was first not only comprised of this very Earth itself, but made so as to have to rely on its air, water, etc., for all sorts of aspects of his living on this wondrous planet the LORD created.

    Even His destruction of it all one day is not only His right and perogative ALONE - for He ALONE is righteous - but He will obviously be restoring it to His intended eco-system for it, free of its wacked out climate.

    When you think about it, the Scripture teaches climate change is a very real issue.

    What happened in that garden resulted in some very drastic changes for this entire planet.

    Changes that impacted every aspect of this planet that God is not to blame for.

    You see this here...

    Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

    All sorts of climate change resulted on this planet from just that one action on man's part.

    Consider also, all that will be reversed throughout this planet, with this...

    Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

    The Bible Believer's "research" into ALL things and their understanding, is in THAT Book.

    Not, in the findings of men, outside of Its ever needed...lens.

    Rom. 5:8; 14:5.

  8. #5
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 724 Times in 496 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210994
    [QUOTE=ffreeloader;5128913]Danoh,As to the "settled science" part of the argument there have been 900 scientific papers published in 2017 alone disputing what the alarmists and politicians have been trumpeting. It's also interesting that the former head of Greenpeace has come out against this agenda. And, since there has been no warming now for the last 19 years the arguments for it are looking ever more specious. So, this is far from a controversy that was "settled" already.

    Well, let's take a look...
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t..._v3/GLB.Ts.txt

    The hottest three years have been the last three years, and the current one is on schedule to be the hottest ever.



    Someone's betrayed your trust in them.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  9. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    [QUOTE=The Barbarian;5131497]
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Danoh,As to the "settled science" part of the argument there have been 900 scientific papers published in 2017 alone disputing what the alarmists and politicians have been trumpeting. It's also interesting that the former head of Greenpeace has come out against this agenda. And, since there has been no warming now for the last 19 years the arguments for it are looking ever more specious. So, this is far from a controversy that was "settled" already.

    Well, let's take a look...
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t..._v3/GLB.Ts.txt

    The hottest three years have been the last three years, and the current one is on schedule to be the hottest ever.



    Someone's betrayed your trust in them.
    Somebody's trust has certainly been betrayed, but I don't think it was mine. Read what a major figure in the UN climate change has to say about what is going on. It exposes the agenda at the UN agency she has been leading for the past 6 years. This climate change agenda is about the destruction of capitalism. Pure and simple. It is a con game. Pure and simple. It's about enforcing socialism.

    http://www.unric.org/en/latest-un-bu...-intentionally

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    patrick jane (November 19th, 2017)

  11. #7
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 724 Times in 496 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210994
    (claim that there has been no warming of the Earth in the last 19 years)

    Barbarian suggests:
    Well, let's take a look...
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t..._v3/GLB.Ts.txt

    The hottest three years have been the last three years, and the current one is on schedule to be the hottest ever.

    Someone's betrayed your trust in them.


    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Somebody's trust has certainly been betrayed,
    If you think those data say that there hasn't been any warming in the past 19 years, I think we've found why you were so easy to fool.

    Read what a major figure in the UN climate change has to say...
    You need to be less swayed by what people say, and more willing to face the data. Reality is not up for a UN vote. It's there, no matter who dislikes it. Learn to live with it. And be a little more skeptical of people with stories instead of evidence.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  12. #8
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    (claim that there has been no warming of the Earth in the last 19 years)

    Barbarian suggests:
    Well, let's take a look...
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t..._v3/GLB.Ts.txt

    The hottest three years have been the last three years, and the current one is on schedule to be the hottest ever.

    Someone's betrayed your trust in them.




    If you think those data say that there hasn't been any warming in the past 19 years, I think we've found why you were so easy to fool.



    You need to be less swayed by what people say, and more willing to face the data. Reality is not up for a UN vote. It's there, no matter who dislikes it. Learn to live with it. And be a little more skeptical of people with stories instead of evidence.
    Oh, so the woman the UN put in charge of their alarmist global warming agenda dislikes the global warming agenda.... And a UN site is going to misrepresent what she said? That's really a pretty amusing claim to make. Especially when her actions and words over the last 6 years denies what you say. Talk about denial. When the people at the head of the movement say it is all political, then maybe you ought to listen. She's a socialist, for crying out loud. She's with the agenda. She just said more than she really meant to. She just confirmed that it is a political agenda. That you deny it is doesn't make you more credible.

    You point to La Nina and El Nino graphs over a 3 period and this is supposed to be evidence of global warming? Are you really that ignorant? Those temps go up and down all the time. They have been cycling for millenia. And the rapidly expanding ice pack pack in the artic is once again because the overall sea temps are rising so much? The things you alarmists expect a person to believe just beggars belief.

    In the following link there is a quote from a global warming scientist and activist. It's pretty interesting as he questions just how honest he can really be, and be an effective global warming alarmist/activist. That ought to tell you something about the entire agenda, but I hold out little hope of that. You're a "true believer".

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta.../#450502c12695

  13. #9
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 724 Times in 496 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210994
    Barbarian suggests:
    Well, let's take a look...
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t..._v3/GLB.Ts.txt



    The hottest three years have been the last three years, and the current one is on schedule to be the hottest ever.

    Someone's betrayed your trust in them.

    If you think those data say that there hasn't been any warming in the past 19 years, I think we've found why you were so easy to fool.

    Oh, so the woman the UN put in charge of their alarmist global warming agenda...
    Has nothing whatever to do with the data. Sorry, no bunny trails for you, today. We're talking about your claim that there hasn't been any warming in the last 19 years. As you see, that's completely false.

    If you want to talk about your political agenda, start a new thread. We're dealing with the data here.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us