User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: PMs

  1. #1
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409

    PMs

    private mail
    how do you send them?

  2. #2
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    also how do you upload profile pics?

  3. #3
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    also hello everyone im Jason, new to the site. i probably know some of u guys from other sites.

  4. #4
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    You have to wait until you have posted a few more times.
    It's around 25 post (I can never remember the exact count).
    After that, options will open up for you.

    It is done this way so we can see if you are really here for discussion or just to troll.

    Welcome to TOL.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  5. #5
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    You have to wait until you have posted a few more times.
    It's around 25 post (I can never remember the exact count).
    After that, options will open up for you.

    It is done this way so we can see if you are really here for discussion or just to troll.

    Welcome to TOL.
    ok thanks tam

  6. #6
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    You're welcome.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  7. #7
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    im at 30 post now . . . .still waiting.

  8. #8
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    Look at the top of the page under the TOL logo.
    There is a thick black line box of options to choose from.
    One of those options should be Private Messages.
    Click on it.
    Now look at the options on the left of the screen.
    Click on Send New Message.
    That will open up a screen for you to type in the name of the person you want the message to be sent to.
    Then fill in the title of your message with whatever the subject is about.
    Then fill in the post space with your message.
    Then click Submit Message button underneath.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  9. #9
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    also how do you upload profile pics?
    Click Settings at the top right of the page.
    Now look to the left of the page and you will see options to add an avatar pic.
    Click Edit Avatar.
    It will give you two options to use to upload your pic, either from your own saved pics on your computer or from a url link.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  10. #10
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Look at the top of the page under the TOL logo.
    There is a thick black line box of options to choose from.
    One of those options should be Private Messages.
    Click on it.
    Now look at the options on the left of the screen.
    Click on Send New Message.
    That will open up a screen for you to type in the name of the person you want the message to be sent to.
    Then fill in the title of your message with whatever the subject is about.
    Then fill in the post space with your message.
    Then click Submit Message button underneath.
    i still got the:
    jaybird, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    You may need to belong to a special user group to post in this forum. You can apply to the various user groups here.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

  11. #11
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    Let me check on it and see what the exact amount of posts you have to have.
    Shouldn't take me too long.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    steko (November 13th, 2017)

  13. #12
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Click Settings at the top right of the page.
    Now look to the left of the page and you will see options to add an avatar pic.
    Click Edit Avatar.
    It will give you two options to use to upload your pic, either from your own saved pics on your computer or from a url link.
    and i have same error on that one to. thank you for trying to help. still not enough post? maybe my faith is not strong enough. . .

  14. #13
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    You have enough posts.
    So the problem is with the administration not yet activating your additional options.
    Knight is the Admin of this site, so you may have to wait till he visits the site again catches up.
    All depends on how busy he is.

    Meanwhile I will leave you with this link that has several options of how things work at TOL.

    http://theologyonline.com/faq.php?fa...3_user_profile

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  15. #14
    Veteran jaybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 118 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24409
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    You have enough posts.
    So the problem is with the administration not yet activating your additional options.
    Knight is the Admin of this site, so you may have to wait till he visits the site again catches up.
    All depends on how busy he is.

    Meanwhile I will leave you with this link that has several options of how things work at TOL.

    http://theologyonline.com/faq.php?fa...3_user_profile
    thanks for the help. will i be able to edit post? (my own post)

  16. #15
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    and i have same error on that one to. thank you for trying to help. still not enough post? maybe my faith is not strong enough. . .
    Maybe they noticed your IP.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us