User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Odd slavery story from England

  1. #1
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,135
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked 14,742 Times in 8,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721

    Odd slavery story from England

    Watch the video, read the article.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/488136...alid-caravans/

    What's odd is not the story itself so much as how it's written.

    1. No description of the arrested slavers. "Four Romanians and one person from Poland" were the slaves but not one of the six arrested are described and their faces are blurred. I wonder why.

    2. I read several articles linked from this page and all of them had comments open. This one did not. I wonder why.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 11th, 2017)

  3. #2
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,666
    Thanks
    7,786
    Thanked 25,240 Times in 12,765 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147731
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Watch the video, read the article.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/488136...alid-caravans/

    What's odd is not the story itself so much as how it's written.

    1. No description of the arrested slavers. "Four Romanians and one person from Poland" were the slaves but not one of the six arrested are described and their faces are blurred. I wonder why.

    2. I read several articles linked from this page and all of them had comments open. This one did not. I wonder why.
    I never know what to believe anymore.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 11th, 2017)

  5. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    This could have to do with the sex slave trade. In that case they would withhold the names of the victims, and if the people doing the trafficing are connected politically they might not release their names immediately either.

    There is a big movement in law enforcement going on now to expose and shut down this type of thing. It's going on world wide, but you won't see the main stream media report on this very often. When they do it is very generic. They seem to not want people to know what is going on.

    You might do some research on "Sawman" Sawyer, the ex navy seal who was a member of seal team six. He has a big project going on against pedophelia and the sex trade and is working at exposing all of this, and shutting it down. I saw an interview with him where he says he is going after this big time and that we would start seeing evidence of he and his team's work.

  6. #4
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,135
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked 14,742 Times in 8,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721
    The video, I believe, said nothing about sex trade. Forced laborers living in squalor while the slavers lived in relative opulence.

    Why might Brits not ID the perps and not allow discussion on the matter?

    Think Tower Hamlets.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 11th, 2017)

  8. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    The video, I believe, said nothing about sex trade. Forced laborers living in squalor while the slavers lived in relative opulence.

    Why might Brits not ID the perps and not allow discussion on the matter?

    Think Tower Hamlets.
    I guess you're going to have to give me some context on "Tower Hamlets". I have no reference point for that.

    All I saw in the article was that it was slavery and the people were living in squalor. It doesn't say what they were forced to do. It could be forced physical labor such as farm work or factory work, or it could be forced sexual work. It simply didn't specify anything.

    That very few details were given and no discussion allowed says to me that whatever was going on is very sensitive politically. What is more politically sensitive than the sex slave trade? Not much. It could also be that Sawman's Sawyer's group was involved for his group is all former law enforcement, former military, and former intelligence people. The police would not want to reveal anything about that type of operation. If the press got a line on the arrests the police would be very leary of revealing a whole lot about it, and they could most likely convince the press to say very little about what it knows too.

    I don't find this to be nearly as strange as you do. Some things are better left alone if there are ongoing operations related to this bust.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (November 10th, 2017)

  10. #6
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    12,178
    Thanks
    5,450
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 3,242 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    I guess you're going to have to give me some context on "Tower Hamlets". I have no reference point for that.

    All I saw in the article was that it was slavery and the people were living in squalor. It doesn't say what they were forced to do. It could be forced physical labor such as farm work or factory work, or it could be forced sexual work. It simply didn't specify anything.

    That very few details were given and no discussion allowed says to me that whatever was going on is very sensitive politically. What is more politically sensitive than the sex slave trade? Not much. It could also be that Sawman's Sawyer's group was involved for his group is all former law enforcement, former military, and former intelligence people. The police would not want to reveal anything about that type of operation. If the press got a line on the arrests the police would be very leary of revealing a whole lot about it, and they could most likely convince the press to say very little about what it knows too.

    I don't find this to be nearly as strange as you do. Some things are better left alone if there are ongoing operations related to this bust.
    I think Musterion is referencing this in regards to 'Tower Hamlets':

    http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/TowerHamlets

    It's the kind of thing that fuels his preoccupation that the UK is gonna be overrun by Muslim rule circa 2030 or something. As to the rest of your post then you may be surprised to know I agree.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  11. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    I think Musterion is referencing this in regards to 'Tower Hamlets':

    http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/TowerHamlets

    It's the kind of thing that fuels his preoccupation that the UK is gonna be overrun by Muslim rule circa 2030 or something. As to the rest of your post then you may be surprised to know I agree.
    Wow. London is a really safe place. Too bad she couldn't have carried some form of self-defense, like, say a pistol... Those idiots/perverts don't really have a right to live in my book when they will do that sort of thing to another human being.

    As to the last part of your post.... My jaw about fell out of my arm chair...

  12. #8
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    12,178
    Thanks
    5,450
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 3,242 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Wow. London is a really safe place. Too bad she couldn't have carried some form of self-defense, like, say a pistol... Those idiots/perverts don't really have a right to live in my book when they will do that sort of thing to another human being.

    As to the last part of your post.... My jaw about fell out of my arm chair...
    Well, it's a very big place and somewhere I love to visit (lost count of how many times I've visited) but I would not want to live there. Like anywhere else it's got its run down places and dodgy areas, a lot of homelessness etc. I don't understand how people can commit atrocities like this either, it just beggars belief.

    You made sense so I'm gonna agree with it. Where sensitive operations etc are in place then it's irresponsible to make too much public for obvious reasons.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  13. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Well, it's a very big place and somewhere I love to visit (lost count of how many times I've visited) but I would not want to live there. Like anywhere else it's got its run down places and dodgy areas, a lot of homelessness etc. I don't understand how people can commit atrocities like this either, it just beggars belief.

    You made sense so I'm gonna agree with it. Where sensitive operations etc are in place then it's irresponsible to make too much public for obvious reasons.
    Yeah, I knew what you were referring to. I just decided to go along with the joke.

    Our world is becoming more and more of an evil place. I'm glad I live in a really small town. But then I've never liked the big cities. I grew up in the mountains of Montana and northern Idaho so the mountains and small villages are my cup of tea. I lived for a couple of years in a pretty good-sized city and I just hated it. The traffic sucked. At quitting time it would take 45 minutes to go 3 miles on a stretch of straight 4 lane road that didn't have a single stop light in that entire 3 mile stretch. It was just flat out insane in my book. It's no wonder so many people go insane. They're packed like rats in a cage, and studies have proven that you put too many rats in too small of an area and they will start eating one another.

  14. #10
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    12,178
    Thanks
    5,450
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 3,242 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    Yeah, I knew what you were referring to. I just decided to go along with the joke.

    Our world is becoming more and more of an evil place. I'm glad I live in a really small town. But then I've never liked the big cities. I grew up in the mountains of Montana and northern Idaho so the mountains and small villages are my cup of tea. I lived for a couple of years in a pretty good-sized city and I just hated it. The traffic sucked. At quitting time it would take 45 minutes to go 3 miles on a stretch of straight 4 lane road that didn't have a single stop light in that entire 3 mile stretch. It was just flat out insane in my book. It's no wonder so many people go insane. They're packed like rats in a cage, and studies have proven that you put too many rats in too small of an area and they will start eating one another.
    I live in a medium sized town and much prefer that to the notion of living in somewhere like London. Prior to that I lived in Nottingham in the UK and that's a medium sized city that I enjoyed for its vibrancy and diversity although once again, it had a bad homeless problem and completely run down areas. I think the working hours, commuting hours are conducive to a lot of stress in the West and it's no wonder rates of depression are so high in relation IMO.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  15. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    I live in a medium sized town and much prefer that to the notion of living in somewhere like London. Prior to that I lived in Nottingham in the UK and that's a medium sized city that I enjoyed for its vibrancy and diversity although once again, it had a bad homeless problem and completely run down areas. I think the working hours, commuting hours are conducive to a lot of stress in the West and it's no wonder rates of depression are so high in relation IMO.
    LOL. Our younger years couldn't have fewer parallels. I grew up going to one room schools, and living every summer 70-100 miles from the closest town. I spent those summers running around the mountains, listening to the wind sigh through the evergreen needles, drinking directly out of the cold clear mountain streams, feeding deer and elk watermelon and cantaloupe rinds out of my hands in what was our front yards.

    My dad was a timber faller and we'd pull a 35' trailer up into the mountains as soon as school was out and live there till school started in the fall. Then move back to somewhere out in the country near a small town until school was over the next year. It was a nomadic life, but a really fun life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. To tell the truth, I pity anyone who hasn't gotten to live like that up in the mountains. They have missed out on a wonderful experience.

    You can have your 1.6 million people. I'll take the 1.6 milion trees, the peace and quiet, and the natural beauty of the mountains and living where nature isn't found in a zoo, but in your front yard. If you've never heard a cougar scream at night, you've never really had your hair stand up on the back of your neck.... It is an experience never to be forgotten.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (November 10th, 2017)

  17. #12
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    12,178
    Thanks
    5,450
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 3,242 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by ffreeloader View Post
    LOL. Our younger years couldn't have fewer parallels. I grew up going to one room schools, and living every summer 70-100 miles from the closest town. I spent those summers running around the mountains, listening to the wind sigh through the evergreen needles, drinking directly out of the cold clear mountain streams, feeding deer and elk watermelon and cantaloupe rinds out of my hands in what was our front yards.

    My dad was a timber faller and we'd pull a 35' trailer up into the mountains as soon as school was out and live there till school started in the fall. Then move back to somewhere out in the country near a small town until school was over the next year. It was a nomadic life, but a really fun life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. To tell the truth, I pity anyone who hasn't gotten to live like that up in the mountains. They have missed out on a wonderful experience.

    You can have your 1.6 million people. I'll take the 1.6 milion trees, the peace and quiet, and the natural beauty of the mountains and living where nature isn't found in a zoo, but in your front yard. If you've never heard a cougar scream at night, you've never really had your hair stand up on the back of your neck.... It is an experience never to be forgotten.
    Oh, now that sounds good and don't get me wrong. I used to travel all around the UK when younger and some of my favourite areas to visit were the Highlands in Scotland. Beautiful vistas, unfettered countryside and miles away from the hustle and bustle of city or even town life. Had I the money and enough insulation to handle the cold I'd happily have bought a place in Inverness among other places...
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  18. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 107 Times in 75 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33359
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Oh, now that sounds good and don't get me wrong. I used to travel all around the UK when younger and some of my favourite areas to visit were the Highlands in Scotland. Beautiful vistas, unfettered countryside and miles away from the hustle and bustle of city or even town life. Had I the money and enough insulation to handle the cold I'd happily have bought a place in Inverness among other places...
    I've never been to Scotland but I've seen some beautiful photography from there. The highlands are beautiful, even if they don't have the timber the American west has. However, I just gotta have trees around me. I went to Nebraska one time with a couple of friends of mine when they went home for Christmas vacation. They were telling me about this mountain that people skied down. We drove by it and it was what we would call a knoll out west as it rose only about 300 feet or so above the plain. As I remember it didn't have a single tree on it. That country was so flat and had so few trees I would have had a very hard time living there. I couldn't wait to get back to country that had variety to it.

  19. #14
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,135
    Thanks
    3,075
    Thanked 14,742 Times in 8,723 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147721
    Tower Hamlets is where Muslim men systematically seduced and raped many, many girls. Not women, girls. This fact was known for a long time but was covered up by the British media and law enforcement until it exploded a few years back.

    I suspect the slavers in this story are also Muslims. That's why their identities are not being released (as yet, at least as far as this article goes) and on that website wasn't even allowed to be discussed in comments...because that's the first question posters would have asked: Why are you concealing anything related to the identities of the arrested?
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (November 11th, 2017)

  21. #15
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    12,178
    Thanks
    5,450
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 3,242 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147710
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Tower Hamlets is where Muslim men systematically seduced and raped many, many girls. Not women, girls. This fact was known for a long time but was covered up by the British media and law enforcement until it exploded a few years back.

    I suspect the slavers in this story are also Muslims. That's why their identities are not being released (as yet, at least as far as this article goes) and on that website wasn't even allowed to be discussed in comments...because that's the first question posters would have asked: Why are you concealing anything related to the identities of the arrested?
    Cites for this and how it was 'covered up' by media and law enforcement? Your suspicions mean squat along with your asinine paranoia and conspiracy theories. Go bunker down in the basement dude.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us