User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: How Jesus Justifies Ungodly Sinners and Reconciles Them to God

  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176

    How Jesus Justifies Ungodly Sinners and Reconciles Them to God

    And all of the religious wail, tear at their clothes, fall down roll around and foam at the mouth.

    "Now to him that does works is the reward not reckoned of grace but of debt. But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies THE UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:4, 5.

    There are some people on the Forum that hate these scriptures and hate me for posting them. Jesus and his Gospel are still a stumbling stone and a rock of offense to the religious, 1 Peter 2:8. Who are the religious that are offended by these scriptures? They are Calvinist, Catholics and people that belong to an organized church that are trying to be saved by what they are or by what they have become.

    The word Justify or Justification means to show to be right, just, or to vindicate. It also means to be absolved from sin and made righteous. The Gospel is the means by which Jesus justifies the ungodly and reconciles them unto God. What part do the ungodly play in this? The ungodly have no part in their justification. They are justified totally and completely outside of themselves. The work of justification, which is accomplished by Jesus, becomes ours by simple child like faith.

    To be justified by faith means that we have been justified by Christ, Jesus Christ is our justifier.

    "To declare, I say, at this time HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS: that he might be just and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

    What is the condition for being justified? "THAT YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS" plus nothing. I frequently hear, "Well let me tell you Pate, James says, That faith without works is dead" James 2:17. The book of James is a Jewish book written to Jews, James 1:1. James was also a Judaizer, a judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:21.

    How does Jesus justify us and reconcile us unto God?

    In our name and on our behalf Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. It was the life of Jesus that was lived for our justification. We are justified (made righteous) by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Some will say, "What about my righteousness, my Christian life, doesn't that count for something?" Not much. We still remain sinners even after we are saved. God sees us "In Christ". He sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. This is why Paul wrote,

    "For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

    There is not really much to glory about if you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God. In the Gospel Jesus gets all of the glory. Having been justified (made righteous) by the doing and the dying of Jesus we are now ready to be reconciled unto God.

    "And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation. God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their sins unto them and has given unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

    If we have been justified and reconciled to God by Jesus Christ why would you need a religion? Please tell me how your religion justifies and reconciles you to God.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    The 11th chapter of Hebrews is full of people that were justified by faith. They never did see Jesus, but they believed God


    "And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, RECEIVED NOT THE PROMISE" Hebrews 11:39.


    The promise was Jesus Christ who is the savior of the world. They looked forward to when Jesus would arrive. We look back to when he did arrive. It is much easier to look back than to look forward. In the New Testament we have the full revelation of Christ and his Gospel, The Old Testament people only had God's word of the promise. They had great faith in God and promise. The scripture says, "Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness" Romans 4:3. Faith, not works counts for righteousness. This means that faith is far greater than works. Works cannot justify, but faith does.
    Last edited by Robert Pate; November 12th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    3,638
    Thanks
    772
    Thanked 387 Times in 369 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    24197
    The only Faith that Justifies is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth to all God's Elect Gal. 5:22.

    Rom. 8:33
    Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    The only Faith that Justifies is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth to all God's Elect Gal. 5:22.

    Rom. 8:33
    Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

    God does NOT just zapp people with the Holy Spirit. Those that received the Holy Spirit in the New Testament did so by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. God only justifies those that hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

  5. #5
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    3,638
    Thanks
    772
    Thanked 387 Times in 369 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    24197
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    God does NOT just zapp people with the Holy Spirit. Those that received the Holy Spirit in the New Testament did so by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2. God only justifies those that hear and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Hearing and Believing the Gospel is made possible by being Born of God John 8:47.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  6. #6
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 151 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52590
    Tearing clothes? Falling down and foaming at the mouth? I think that someone needs to turn off the television and get out into the real world.
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  7. #7
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Tearing clothes? Falling down and foaming at the mouth? I think that someone needs to turn off the television and get out into the real world.
    Things have not changed. People still go into frenzies when they get mad. The latest thing is to scream at the sky. Probably screaming at God.

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Hearing and Believing the Gospel is made possible by being Born of God John 8:47.
    And being born of God comes by hearing and believing the Gospel, which you don't believe.

  9. #9
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 151 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52590
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Things have not changed. People still go into frenzies when they get mad. The latest thing is to scream at the sky. Probably screaming at God.
    The way you word your posts you make it seem like this stuff happens in a majority of "organized churches".
    You love to call anyone who attends an organized church "religious"(using your own made up definition) and you further try to build some kind of argument based on what you think up in your head what those people believe and do inside those churches.
    No matter how many times many people try to correct you, you refuse to listen and you go on repeating yourself in thread after thread with the same repititious fantasies and falsehoods.
    It is truly amazing how much you value having a large post count, that you would continue posting such nonsense that is so easily proven false.
    You make up your own rules and standards about other peoples beliefs and don't even hold to that same standard yourself. Just as one example where you say that the Canons of Dort and Catholic writings don't proclaim Jesus as Lord, which incidentally they both absolutely do, but not every thread of yours does either!
    This is what happens when you isolate yourself from reality by refusing to find a good church to attend because you had one or two bad experiences. You have it in your head that everyone who disagrees with you MUST be wrong, always, and you seek and search for anything to twist to your favor without actually caring to see how accurate your claims might be.
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  10. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    The way you word your posts you make it seem like this stuff happens in a majority of "organized churches".
    You love to call anyone who attends an organized church "religious"(using your own made up definition) and you further try to build some kind of argument based on what you think up in your head what those people believe and do inside those churches.
    No matter how many times many people try to correct you, you refuse to listen and you go on repeating yourself in thread after thread with the same repititious fantasies and falsehoods.
    It is truly amazing how much you value having a large post count, that you would continue posting such nonsense that is so easily proven false.
    You make up your own rules and standards about other peoples beliefs and don't even hold to that same standard yourself. Just as one example where you say that the Canons of Dort and Catholic writings don't proclaim Jesus as Lord, which incidentally they both absolutely do, but not every thread of yours does either!
    This is what happens when you isolate yourself from reality by refusing to find a good church to attend because you had one or two bad experiences. You have it in your head that everyone who disagrees with you MUST be wrong, always, and you seek and search for anything to twist to your favor without actually caring to see how accurate your claims might be.
    All you do is spout hot air. Where in the Canons of Dort does it say Jesus is Lord? Page and paragraph please. Organized religion is law based, it is all about you. There is NO Gospel. You like your organized religion because it is the religion of man. You have apparently rejected salvation by grace through faith and are looking for another way to be saved, there is no other way. You don't want to call on Christ to save you, instead you want to be predestinated.

    I teach the same Gospel that Paul taught and that is that we are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ, Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Not religion or John Calvin. You have embraced a false religion that will more than likely to be your undoing.

  11. #11
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 151 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52590
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    All you do is spout hot air. Where in the Canons of Dort does it say Jesus is Lord? Page and paragraph please. Organized religion is law based, it is all about you. There is NO Gospel. You like your organized religion because it is the religion of man. You have apparently rejected salvation by grace through faith and are looking for another way to be saved, there is no other way. You don't want to call on Christ to save you, instead you want to be predestinated.

    I teach the same Gospel that Paul taught and that is that we are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ, Jesus is our justifier, Romans 3:26. Not religion or John Calvin. You have embraced a false religion that will more than likely to be your undoing.
    The very first sentence in the preface to the Canons of Dort mentions Jesus as Lord. You couldn't even get past the very first sentence without seeing that!? Now, you show me exactly where I ever said that I was saved by predestination. Good Luck with that one.
    Truth:1 Pate:0
    Last edited by fishrovmen; November 13th, 2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  12. #12
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    The very first sentence in the preface to the Canons of Dort mentions Jesus as Lord. You couldn't even get past the very first sentence without seeing that!? Now, you show me exactly where I ever said that I was saved by predestination. Good Luck with that one.
    Truth:1 Pate:0
    There is no preface and even if it says it they don't believe it. Jesus is Lord because he is the savior of the whole world. Jesus is Lord because he defeated sin, death and the devil. Calvinist don't believe that, nor do you believe that. Predestination is the foundation of Calvinist doctrine. If you are not saved by predestination then renounce it. I am waiting.

  13. #13
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 151 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52590
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    There is no preface and even if it says it they don't believe it. Jesus is Lord because he is the savior of the whole world. Jesus is Lord because he defeated sin, death and the devil. Calvinist don't believe that, nor do you believe that. Predestination is the foundation of Calvinist doctrine. If you are not saved by predestination then renounce it. I am waiting.
    Truth:3 Pate:0
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  14. #14
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 151 Times in 111 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    52590
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Jesus is Lord because he is the savior of the whole world. Jesus is Lord because he defeated sin, death and the devil.
    Psalm 110
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  15. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,450
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,057 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    322176
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrovmen View Post
    Psalm 110
    You apparently don't believe that Jesus is Lord.

    "I said therefore unto YOU, that you will die in your sins: for if you don't believe that I am he (Lord or God) YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS" John 8:24.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us