User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Nonscience strikes again: 1.7 F degrees

  1. #16
    Over 2000 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,155
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 556 Times in 381 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    230481
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    JonahDog,
    I don't care to debate facts further if you can't at least say that massive state control is evil. If that is your position, you'll be on ignore, as you should be by everyone here. I will not 'make' them do that by massive control, I will just appeal that it is the only sensible position. Massive states massacre millions. Minimal states do not. Thanks.
    Lets have no state control. Make you feel better? When the Columbia River catches fire as many rivers did in the 1960's will you be happy.
    You should have lived in the Adirondacks when acid rain affected lakes and other water bodies.
    And lets pour as much N fertilizer as we can everywhere. We can deal with the algal blooms and resulting fish kills due to lack of O2 later, right?
    And for some reason you hate light rail.

  2. #17
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,455
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 666 Times in 586 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Lets have no state control. Make you feel better? When the Columbia River catches fire as many rivers did in the 1960's will you be happy.
    You should have lived in the Adirondacks when acid rain affected lakes and other water bodies.
    And lets pour as much N fertilizer as we can everywhere. We can deal with the algal blooms and resulting fish kills due to lack of O2 later, right?
    And for some reason you hate light rail.




    here's a massive government responding to the Columbia gorge fire this summer: Kate ____, gov of Oregon, decided not to bring in the Global Supertanker the first day because the fire was 'federal' problem. Thanks Kate. Then when $1.5B in timber burnt she says: 'well, it wasn't really $1.5B anyway, because it wasn't cut.' When this kind of person gets in ANY massive government position, this is what happens. The public's common sense is considered idiotic and a know it all with as much forestry experience as Hilary decides what to do.

    How does a river catch fire?

    Most good forestry wants to thin, thin, thin, and that would reduce housing costs and create jobs. Instead we have millions of western acres at risk of exploding, high housing and jobs lost.

    Yes, I'm sure there are some exceptions when there are concentrations of industry, but my point was that here was a Ph.D. who could not answer why a remote sensing station: 1, never found any trace of the dreaded outfall of the ITT Rayonier photographic paper production residue, and 2, could not explain why it would need to test for N rich in the Olympics. I mean, you could just write 0 on all the forms for that question, right? But this 'scientist' and her supervisor could not dare let the public have a say in what she was doing.

    I did not say I hated light rail, I said I hated people being told it was going to solve something that it can't. with all the daring not to pay fees, the planners obviously did the massive 'we know better than you' trick in their campaign, and now the people in the corridor have to pay off a 13B project. Ever run a business and sold things for $1 while forcing the public to pay $10 for each sale? yeah right, it really works. Environmental improvement? Nil.

    So you can't say massive state control is evil, that it has all the glory of the history of Stalin, Mao, Pot to embellish it? wow, great.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Interplanner For Your Post:

    ClimateSanity (November 6th, 2017)

  4. #18
    Over 5000 post club ClimateSanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,665
    Thanks
    4,228
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,463 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    680737
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Lets have no state control. Make you feel better? When the Columbia River catches fire as many rivers did in the 1960's will you be happy.
    You should have lived in the Adirondacks when acid rain affected lakes and other water bodies.
    And lets pour as much N fertilizer as we can everywhere. We can deal with the algal blooms and resulting fish kills due to lack of O2 later, right?
    And for some reason you hate light rail.
    You want massive state control and don't care if it takes a Stalin or Mao to accomplish it. You cite rivers catching on fire from no state control to justify your position. Our country was at a peak of economic growth in the 60s that started after WW2 due to a loosening of state control through tax cuts and lighter business regulations. You want to continue to live in the 30s with massive poverty and starvation?

    The country responded to the river fires by putting in new regulations. They went overboard though by giving us the EPA with almost unlimited power without oversight from the American people.

    Your kind wants to use atomic bombs on ant hills when just a little poison will do the trick and then you go back and cite the ant hills as justification for unlimited power when people try to rein it in.

  5. #19
    Over 2000 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,155
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 556 Times in 381 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    230481
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post

    How does a river catch fire?
    GOOGLE the Cayahoga river.

  6. #20
    Over 2000 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,155
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 556 Times in 381 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    230481
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    You want massive state control and don't care if it takes a Stalin or Mao to accomplish it. You cite rivers catching on fire from no state control to justify your position. Our country was at a peak of economic growth in the 60s that started after WW2 due to a loosening of state control through tax cuts and lighter business regulations. You want to continue to live in the 30s with massive poverty and starvation?

    The country responded to the river fires by putting in new regulations. They went overboard though by giving us the EPA with almost unlimited power without oversight from the American people.

    Your kind wants to use atomic bombs on ant hills when just a little poison will do the trick and then you go back and cite the ant hills as justification for unlimited power when people try to rein it in.
    So great economic growth is wonderful. got it. I expect you like to breath smoggy air too, huh. Let the market forces work? Is that your solution?
    Is there a specific EPA regulation that bothers you the most? Tell us what it is.

  7. #21
    Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Posts
    4,354
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 390 Times in 276 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    227502
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    ...

    Today's SEATTLE TIMES shows how much of a propaganda machine is going. It happened to snow Friday and will tomorrow, but on top of the article about this unusual cooling is the glorious announcement that the world is in a crisis because of the 1.7. So guess what they called the article about the local snow? SNOW JOB. Yet that is exactly what the climate science is, one huge snow job, and even the leading meteorologist at MIT dissents from most of what the massive-government hystericals think is happening. See his Prager U video on that.
    Well, if anecdotal evidence is sufficient to prove your case then I have some compelling evidence to prove you wrong. In Denver this second week of November we are supposed to have temperatures in the high 60's and low 70,s. The average high for November in Denver is 54. We will be 10 to 15 degrees above that this entire week. My anecdotal evidence is more compelling than yours therefore I have proven climate change is real.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

    What are my fruits today?

    Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

    "Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CabinetMaker For Your Post:

    gcthomas (November 14th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us