Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,944 Posts

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and there are 2 Lord's suppers !!

One is found in Matt 26:17-30 and is called the PASSOVER in verse 17 !!

And verse 29 , they will not drink it nor eat the PASSOVER until that day when I drink it a new with YOU in my Father's kingdom !

They will drink a new in the MEILLINNIAL KINGDOM !!

The other Lord's supper in in 1 Cor 11:23-34 where there are bounds to how the it is taken and many DIED and were SICK when they took it UNWORTHILY and is ONLY for the B O C !!

dan p
    The Lord's supper s when Jesus made the Covenant.

The Gentiles reenacted that supper many times because they enter that covenant when they are saved.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    The Lord's supper s when Jesus made the Covenant.

The Gentiles reenacted that supper many times because they enter that covenant when they are saved.

Hi and explain HOW they are the same , LOLLLLLLLLLLLL ??

Just dying TO HEAR this EXPLANATION !!

dan p

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and explain HOW they are the same , LOLLLLLLLLLLLL ??

Just dying TO HEAR this EXPLANATION !!

dan p
    Go ahead and explain how they are different.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 4,874 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbosixx View Post
    What kind of saved was Cornelius?
    shall be
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (November 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    shall be
    So Cornelius and his whole household got the message that will save, or the message that saves?

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

How long is Cornelius and his family going to have to wait?

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 2,415 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I realize that, Danoh. I was being facetious. You know....how us "graceless ones" are so apt to do.
    As was I (being facetious) - oy vay

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,223 Times in 2,415 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    shall be
    He was stating a principle not limited to one time or another - as is the case in the phrase "the just shall live by faith" - that is not referring to some future event but to a timeless principle.

Acts 15 is in between James', Cephas', and John's Galatians 1's meeting with Paul at some point after Acts 10.

Rom. 5:8; 14:5.

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    As was I (being facetious) - oy vay
    You and glorydaze are a match.

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    He was stating a principle not limited to one time or another - as is the case in the phrase "the just shall live by faith" - that is not referring to some future event but to a timeless principle.

Acts 15 is in between James', Cephas', and John's Galatians 1's meeting with Paul at some point after Acts 10.

Rom. 5:8; 14:5.
    You sure are agreeing with me a lot lately.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shall be
    Yes, "shall be" was before they heard the gospel and received the Holy Spirit.
    Wretched man that I am.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turbosixx For Your Post:

God's Truth (November 15th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,150 Times in 7,037 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

This is another thing I'm having trouble understanding. Based on what I read, Jesus did establish the new covenant.

Hebrews lays out there is a new covenant/law established.
    Heb. 7:12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well.

Heb. 8:13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb. 10:1 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near.

Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

Jesus did all of these things.

All the faithful of old did not receive what we have in Jesus.
    Heb. 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.
    Why do you say WE? Are you a Hebrew?

Why do you continue to ignore the details in the book to the Hebrews?

Heb 8:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The Bible is a book of details and if you ignore them, you will create confusion for yourself.

The body of Christ is NOT a continuation of Israel.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Tambora (November 15th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,150 Times in 7,037 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

God has also always been God of the Gentiles, Nineveh would be a good example. To help us understand what we have in Christ, he set the Jews apart and gave them his word. In Romans when Paul talks about the difference between them, that is the only advantage I see.
    There is a difference between Israel as God's people and the body of Christ.

Paul makes is crystal clear in Roman 9-11 that God is not through with Israel.

I agree in Christ (church) there is neither Jew nor Greek. If the lost become Christian, they become God's children just like a Gentile in the OT converting to Judaism.
    There is more than one "church" in the Bible.

The body of Christ is NOT the same church as the "church in the wilderness", which was Israel.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Why do you say WE? Are you a Hebrew?

Why do you continue to ignore the details in the book to the Hebrews?

Heb 8:8-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The Bible is a book of details and if you ignore them, you will create confusion for yourself.

The body of Christ is NOT a continuation of Israel.
    Why do you keep repeating the same falseness even after having scripture that proves you wrong?

See John 1:13. Why don't you explain in detail to me what that means?

Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    There is a difference between Israel as God's people and the body of Christ.

Paul makes is crystal clear in Roman 9-11 that God is not through with Israel.

There is more than one "church" in the Bible.

The body of Christ is NOT the same church as the "church in the wilderness", which was Israel.
    There is more than one church?

The church is the body of Christ; and, when people gathered together in someone's home, it was called a church, a church of that city.

You misunderstand Paul about the Jews. Paul is explaining that not all Jews are cut off and hardened forever. GOD. CUT OFF. AND. HARDENED MANY JEWS. WHEN Jesus walked the earth. Paul is explaining that it does not mean no Jew can be saved, for even himself is proof of that because he is a Jew.

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 4,874 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    So Cornelius and his whole household got the message that will save, or the message that saves?

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

How long is Cornelius and his family going to have to wait?
    Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

When?

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
    1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
    1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
    1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
    1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Thread Information