User Tag List

Page 1 of 54 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 806

Thread: Who is saved?

  1. #1
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930

    Who is saved?

    Romans 10:9-10

    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

    Who is saved?

    What are the conditions that must be met to receive the gift of salvation?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  2. #2
    TOL Subscriber patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    31,263
    Thanks
    16,402
    Thanked 15,863 Times in 12,458 Posts

    Blog Entries
    28
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147835
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Romans 10:9-10

    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

    Who is saved?

    What are the conditions that must be met to receive the gift of salvation?
    John 3:16 KJV -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  3. #3
    Journeyman Judson50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    371
    Anyone who confesses with their mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” - Isaiah 30:21

  4. #4
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Romans 10:9-10

    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

    Who is saved?

    What are the conditions that must be met to receive the gift of salvation?
    The first step is knowing who it is that you are confessing as The LORD.

    The LORD our God is ONE LORD.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 27th, 2017),patrick jane (October 29th, 2017)

  6. #5
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by Judson50 View Post
    Anyone who confesses with their mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead.


    Sent from my iPhone using TOL

    That is exactly it. No more, no less
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  7. #6
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    The first step is knowing who it is that you are confessing as The LORD.

    The LORD our God is ONE LORD.
    If you read the verses and believe what is written, the answer is obvious.

    Who is this lord we are to confess with our mouth? the Lord Jesus

    It doesn't get any simpler, not even a fool need err
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  8. #7
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    If you read the verses and believe what is written, the answer is obvious.

    Who is this lord we are to confess with our mouth? the Lord Jesus

    It doesn't get any simpler, not even a fool need err
    The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

    You deny your LORD and GOD when you confess the LORD Jesus Christ as anything less.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 27th, 2017),Right Divider (November 4th, 2017)

  10. #8
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    That is exactly it. No more, no less
    You can't get away that easily.



    Lord of the Sabbath? Mark 2:28

    Lord of Glory? 1 Corinthians 2:8

    Lord of Lords? Psalm 136:2-3


    1 Timothy 6:14-16
    That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 27th, 2017),Right Divider (November 4th, 2017)

  12. #9
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    The Lord our God is ONE LORD.

    You deny your LORD and GOD when you confess the LORD Jesus Christ as anything less.
    Romans 10:9-10 says confess with your mouth

    a. the lord Jesus.

    b.
    The Lord our God is ONE LORD.
    What does Romans 10:9 require us to confess in order to be saved?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  13. #10
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You can't get away that easily.



    Lord of the Sabbath? Mark 2:28

    Lord of Glory? 1 Corinthians 2:8

    Lord of Lords? Psalm 136:2-3


    1 Timothy 6:14-16
    That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
    Well I quoted Romans 10:9-10

    If you don't like what God authored, go tell God you are right and that God is wrong.

    Do you think you will get God to change his mind?

    Good luck!
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  14. #11
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,804
    Thanks
    142,594
    Thanked 43,070 Times in 26,445 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148119
    Me.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  15. #12
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Romans 10:9-10 says confess with your mouth

    a. the lord Jesus.

    b.

    What does Romans 10:9 require us to confess in order to be saved?
    The Lord.

    By ignoring the verses I give you, and by turning the capital L into a small case l, you prove your deceitful ways. When He appears the next time, your knees will tremble and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. And, you'll see clearly what that means.

    1 Timothy 6:14-16
    14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

    I can't understand how you can be so blind to what is so clearly written.

    Deuteronomy 10:17
    17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 27th, 2017),Right Divider (November 4th, 2017),Tambora (November 1st, 2017)

  17. #13
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Me.
    I am sure you are.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  18. #14
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,870
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 318 Times in 264 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    62930
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    The Lord.

    By ignoring the verses I give you, and by turning the capital L into a small case l, you prove your deceitful ways. When He appears the next time, your knees will tremble and your tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD. And, you'll see clearly what that means.

    1 Timothy 6:14-16
    14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

    I can't understand how you can be so blind to what is so clearly written.

    Deuteronomy 10:17
    17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:
    I see you have to tamper with what I quoted from you since it opposes what the word of God says.

    That is too bad.

    Evidently you have not read let alone understood Acts 2:34

    who are the two lords or Lords if you prefer spoke of in Acts 2:34?

    did you not learn that the Greek uncial texts were in all capitals?

    Since they were in all caps, then to vary from that is private interpretation.

    Why not leave it in all caps?

    Why mess with the Greek texts?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  19. #15
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,174
    Thanks
    10,614
    Thanked 30,401 Times in 15,067 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    I see you have to tamper with what I quoted from you since it opposes what the word of God says.

    That is too bad.

    Evidently you have not read let alone understood Acts 2:34

    who are the two lords or Lords if you prefer spoke of in Acts 2:34?

    did you not learn that the Greek uncial texts were in all capitals?

    Since they were in all caps, then to vary from that is private interpretation.

    Why not leave it in all caps?

    Why mess with the Greek texts?
    Why ignore the Truth by playing semantic games?

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    lifeisgood (November 27th, 2017),Right Divider (November 4th, 2017),Tambora (November 1st, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us