Thread: If Evolution

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    If a carbon-14 date supports a theory, then it is added to the text. And if it does not fit what is expected, then it is thrown out.

When something of known age is carbon dated, it doesn’t work. When something of unknown age is carbon dated, it is assumed to work.

Dino bone that were not identified as such were carbon dated between 6 to 16 thousand years old.

Carbon dating is accurate for about 2500 years.
    Carbon dating is accurate up to 70,000 years.

Using it to try and date something OLDER than that will result in a faulty test, as the half-life for C14 is 5,700 years and it is simply not possible to measure beyond that point. Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. There is no C14 left in their bones to provide a sample with.

There are other, equally reliable dating methods that measure on the order of millions and billions, not mere thousands, of years also. Those methods are used when the flora and fauna in the rock layer cannot tell us the full story

Thanks
    Thanked 2,655 Times in 1,641 Posts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Jennings View Post
    Carbon-14 (C-14) dating of multiple samples of bone from 8 dinosaurs found in Texas, Alaska, Colorado, and Montana revealed that they are only 22,000 to 39,000 years old.

Members of the Paleochronology group presented their findings at the 2012 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Singapore, August 13-17, a conference of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS).

Since dinosaurs are thought to be over 65 million years old, the news is stunning - and more than some can tolerate. After the AOGS-AGU conference in Singapore, the abstract was removed from the conference website by two chairmen because they could not accept the findings.Unwilling to challenge the data openly, they erased the report from public view without a word to the authors. When the authors inquired, they received this letter:...... http://www.newgeology.us/presentation48.html

"Unknown conditions in the past can't be calibrated for...
    (Strength / weakness of solar rays, earths magnetic field, global floods etc)

The global flood would have drastically effected the ratio....
    -With all vegetation dead...much buried starting to form coal and oil...
    The C14 would increase at this time relative to the C12.
    Also effecting the ratio at this time would be volcanic activity around the earth emitting lots of CO2 without the normal C14

Creationist researchers figure that Preflood oganisms although only 4500 years old would C14 date somewhere near 40,000 years.
    (Brown, R.H./ Creation Research Society Quarterly/ 'Correlation of C-14 age with real time')"
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

CherubRam (November 11th, 2017),Right Divider (November 12th, 2017),Tambora (November 12th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,655 Times in 1,641 Posts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    how does evolution go against the bible? if the Lord created a bird, and put into the bird a natural ability to adapt to its environment (grow a longer beak to catch fish) how is that beyond the Lords creating ability?
    That a bird can adapt to various environments using its pre-existing genetic information is totally consistent with God's Word.

What does go against the Bible is that creatures can become a different kind..... that God created using a process of suffering, death and extinctions to create. Common ancestry beliefs are ant-Biblical and pseudoscience.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

Right Divider (November 12th, 2017),Tambora (November 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar to how whales, cows, and horses sleep. They sleep in short bursts rather than in long stretches, and they are not totally out. Kind of half asleep
    i guess that means they sleep as long as they can hold their breath? i remember reading about this many years ago and thought it was interesting.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,704 Times in 11,655 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

i guess that means they sleep as long as they can hold their breath? i remember reading about this many years ago and thought it was interesting.
    Welcome to TOL jaybird with the lower case i's !!!
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    That a bird can adapt to various environments using its pre-existing genetic information is totally consistent with God's Word.

What does go against the Bible is that creatures can become a different kind..... that God created using a process of suffering, death and extinctions to create.
    both would be examples of evolution, so it sounds like limited evo would in fact sync with the bible

Common ancestry beliefs are ant-Biblical and pseudoscience.
    whats ancestry belief?
    pseudoscience has got to the point that any idea out side the inner circle of nainstream academia is not even considered.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Welcome to TOL jaybird with the lower case i's !!!
    thanks for the welcome PJ!

the "i's" i like to keep myself humble. that was the virtue of Moses was it not? haha

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using it to try and date something OLDER than that will result in a faulty test, as the half-life for C14 is 5,700 years and it is simply not possible to measure beyond that point. Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. There is no C14 left in their bones to provide a sample with.

There are other, equally reliable dating methods that measure on the order of millions and billions, not mere thousands, of years also. Those methods are used when the flora and fauna in the rock layer cannot tell us the full story
    i like the precession dating. it seems to be very accurate. but you dont always have a structure to line up with the heavens.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Carbon-14 (C-14) dating of multiple samples of bone from 8 dinosaurs found in Texas, Alaska, Colorado, and Montana revealed that they are only 22,000 to 39,000 years old.

Members of the Paleochronology group presented their findings at the 2012 Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Singapore, August 13-17, a conference of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and the Asia Oceania Geosciences Society (AOGS).

Since dinosaurs are thought to be over 65 million years old, the news is stunning - and more than some can tolerate. After the AOGS-AGU conference in Singapore, the abstract was removed from the conference website by two chairmen because they could not accept the findings.Unwilling to challenge the data openly, they erased the report from public view without a word to the authors. When the authors inquired, they received this letter:...... http://www.newgeology.us/presentation48.html

"Unknown conditions in the past can't be calibrated for...
    (Strength / weakness of solar rays, earths magnetic field, global floods etc)

The global flood would have drastically effected the ratio....
    -With all vegetation dead...much buried starting to form coal and oil...
    The C14 would increase at this time relative to the C12.
    Also effecting the ratio at this time would be volcanic activity around the earth emitting lots of CO2 without the normal C14

Creationist researchers figure that Preflood oganisms although only 4500 years old would C14 date somewhere near 40,000 years.
    (Brown, R.H./ Creation Research Society Quarterly/ 'Correlation of C-14 age with real time')"
    As explained before, you can't get an accurate result from a sample with inadequate C14 to be measured. If you date a Dino bone with that method, then you will run the test three times and get three different ages for the sample. That's not accurate or precise, and that's likely why your buddies had their study rejected

Feel free to provide a credible source that supports your claims, please

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whales yes I think that's right. Sharks don't breathe air

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CherubRam For Your Post:

6days (November 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whales yes I think that's right. Sharks don't breathe air
    i thought they got air out of the water through those slits and with no gills they have to continue to move to keep the water flowing.
    sorry to all those about derailing the thread on shark breathing but im new. i remember learning the "im new" excuse at work 15 years ago, i still use it to this day.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought they got air out of the water through those slits and with no gills they have to continue to move to keep the water flowing.
    sorry to all those about derailing the thread on shark breathing but im new. i remember learning the "im new" excuse at work 15 years ago, i still use it to this day.
    Sharks have gills. They take in O2 from the water with their gills just like other fish.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Carbon dating is accurate for about 2500 years.
    And we know that how...?

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on the same page. They "breathe" by getting their oxygen in the way that you described with their gills

Thread Information