User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: The Trump Supporter

  1. #31
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,163
    Thanks
    13,079
    Thanked 14,329 Times in 11,399 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147801
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    One; there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    For the ever thin-skinned Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters in their same duplicity, yes; there is a personal.

    But not for the Believer.

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

    Two - "Trump supporter" = no character.

    Period.

    The two go hand in hand.

    Just as your thread in ECT on The Eucharist (or the Lord's Supper- which most of your would be "MAD" pals on here do not even hold to) was nevertheless obviously a fraud, on your part.

    In that thread, you quoted the passage...

    1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

    Well, guess what, pj - those last nine words there, are describing this heart attitude...

    Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

    The irony - that the exact same pettiness your false idol in the White House is ever willfully setting off, continuing in, setting off again, was the very issue 1 Corinthians was addressing...

    1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

    Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters are clearly of the following number...

    Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

    You and yours will not be forcing this Believer into your ever glorying in your false idol's ever glorying in his shame.

    No thanks.

    We'll suffer the persecution of wanting no part in the Trump charade - gladly.

    Again, there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

    Where?

    In - the - Lord.

    Because there is only the truth of...

    Rom. 5:8.
    I read a little more. Whose butts do I kiss around here? Since you brought it up again, the"club" you're obsessed with? I'm sure you consider the club to include but not limited to RD, STP, john w, Tam, glory, Dan P, Grosnick, heir, steko, musterion. Some of them hardly post and haven't for a while, some post everyday. You think I'm trying to "join the club" - ask them in a PM if I kiss their butts as you've called me a "brown nose" on numerous occasions. I happen to agree with much of what they say and their take on scripture and politics.

    After a few years here I identify with Tam and glory the most and they remind me of my Mom who is about the same age, she's 67. They both explain scripture in their own words which I have trouble doing and I understand them better than I do you. I agree with most of their opinions, judgement, interpretations and sense of humor from scripture to comedy. I relate to those two ladies more than anyone else on TOL and I trust them. I'm only being myself dano and you don't like me. I'll learn to live with that.

    I know you have studied and continue to study to show yourself approved and I can't match that or come close. I'm lazy. Am I not a Christian because of that or because I voted Trump?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  2. #32
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,349
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 2,417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1100283
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I read a little more. Whose butts do I kiss around here? Since you brought it up again, the"club" you're obsessed with? I'm sure you consider the club to include but not limited to RD, STP, john w, Tam, glory, Dan P, Grosnick, heir, steko, musterion. Some of them hardly post and haven't for a while, some post everyday. You think I'm trying to "join the club" - ask them in a PM if I kiss their butts as you've called me a "brown nose" on numerous occasions. I happen to agree with much of what they say and their take on scripture and politics.

    After a few years here I identify with Tam and glory the most and they remind me of my Mom who is about the same age, she's 67. They both explain scripture in their own words which I have trouble doing and I understand them better than I do you. I agree with most of their opinions, judgement, interpretations and sense of humor from scripture to comedy. I relate to those two ladies more than anyone else on TOL and I trust them. I'm only being myself dano and you don't like me. I'll learn to live with that.

    I know you have studied and continue to study to show yourself approved and I can't match that or come close. I'm lazy. Am I not a Christian because of that or because I voted Trump?
    I don't view those people you mentioned all in the same light as to the issue I am addressing.

    And my issue has never been so much with differences in Mid-Acts interpretations.

    Rather, with the duplicity of some in their "grace" towards anyone they conclude anathema.

    And in their obvious failure to look at their own words and actions objectively.

    I have noted all this before, and more than once.

    And I never said you are not a Christian just because of this, that, or the other, that I do not agree with you on.

    You would know I do not think that of you, if you took to heart my signing off on both my praise and criticisms towards anyone, with Romans 5:8.

    Instead, you read into why I end with that passage, and then attempt to mock it in your further ignorance of same.

    Your conclusion is your result.

    For no, I do not think you are not a Christian.

    You would also know that if you simply paused to reflect on what I posted to Musti about what the Apostle Paul was asserting in 1 Cor. 6.

    But you were too busy mocking my post to him; just because I pointed out to him he would do well to examine those things a bit more in depth.

    Which, he also took wrong...

    Fact of the matter is that Rom. 5:8 is my conscious, intentional perception of others throughout any agreement with and or criticism of any person's words and or actions.

    Because you believed Romans 5:8 you're as "complete in Him" this very minute, PJ, as the guy who was inspired to write that passage was, way back then.

    Lol - that you add to that your being a fool Trump supporter does not change that one bit.

    That is just you in your flesh.

    But as I have already noted PJ...

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

    Eph. 4:16.

  3. #33
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,163
    Thanks
    13,079
    Thanked 14,329 Times in 11,399 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147801
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I don't view those people you mentioned all in the same light.

    And my issue has never been so much with differences in Mid-Acts interpretations.

    Rather, with the duplicity of some in their "grace" towards anyone they conclude anathema.

    And in their obvious failure to look at their own words and actions objectively.

    I have noted all this before, and more than once.

    And I never said you are not a Christian just because of this, that, or the other, that I do not agree with you on.

    You would know I do not think that of you, if you took to heart my signing off on both my praise and criticisms towards anyone, with Romans 5:8.

    Instead, you read into why I end with that passage, and then attempt to mock it in your further ignorance of same.

    Your conclusion is your result.

    For no, I do not think you are not a Christian.

    You would also know that if you simply paused to reflect on what I posted to Musti about what the Apostle Paul was asserting in 1 Cor. 6.

    But you were too busy mocking my post to him; just because I pointed out to him he would do well to examine those things a bit more in depth.

    Which, he also took wrong...

    Fact of the matter is that Rom. 5:8 is my conscious, intentional perception of others throughout any agreement with and or criticism of any person's words and or actions.

    Because you believed Romans 5:8 you're as "complete in Him" this very minute, PJ, as the guy who was inspired to write that passage was, way back then.

    Lol - that you add to that your being a fool Trump supporter does not change that one bit.

    That is just you in your flesh.

    But as I have already noted PJ...

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

    Eph. 4:16.
    I see myself getting caught up in the world, the flesh, as I have told a couple people here. .

    Matthew 7:5 KJV -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  4. #34
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,731
    Thanks
    7,876
    Thanked 25,360 Times in 12,827 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147733
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    One; there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    For the ever thin-skinned Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters in their same duplicity, yes; there is a personal.

    But not for the Believer.

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
    What's this nonsense I see you spewing? You're the biggest hypocrite here on TOL, and you dare to say for the believer there is no personal? And then daring to say being "personal" is of the flesh?

    Those who are members of the body of Christ know what it means to be personal. We are able to fellowship around the Lord Jesus Christ. You, on the other hand, seek to divide members of the body into little groups. Talk about a man of the flesh....that is YOU. You have a certain amount of head knowledge, and can pull the wool over the eyes of some, but you are a divider. Not a divider of the word, but a divider of the brethren. Unfortunately for you, we always stand united against your evil intents. We aren't ruled by our PRIDE, as you are. You are one of the great Pretenders, and posts like this only prove what I'm saying. The world salutes you, Danoh. You are of it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 25th, 2017)

  6. #35
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,731
    Thanks
    7,876
    Thanked 25,360 Times in 12,827 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147733
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I see myself getting caught up in the world, the flesh, as I have told a couple people here. .

    Matthew 7:5 KJV -
    Don't believe it. The enemy is telling you that...resist, and he will flee.

    Danoh is working on you, boy. It ain't good.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 25th, 2017)

  8. #36
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,731
    Thanks
    7,876
    Thanked 25,360 Times in 12,827 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147733
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I read a little more. Whose butts do I kiss around here? Since you brought it up again, the"club" you're obsessed with? I'm sure you consider the club to include but not limited to RD, STP, john w, Tam, glory, Dan P, Grosnick, heir, steko, musterion. Some of them hardly post and haven't for a while, some post everyday. You think I'm trying to "join the club" - ask them in a PM if I kiss their butts as you've called me a "brown nose" on numerous occasions. I happen to agree with much of what they say and their take on scripture and politics.
    He's jealous because we see through his crap. There is no "club", but there is a Body, and we aren't fooled by any big talkers who show their small minds as Danoh does.

    He accuses you of doing unto others what he would have you do unto him, and that's the extent of Danny Boy.


    After a few years here I identify with Tam and glory the most and they remind me of my Mom who is about the same age, she's 67. They both explain scripture in their own words which I have trouble doing and I understand them better than I do you. I agree with most of their opinions, judgement, interpretations and sense of humor from scripture to comedy. I relate to those two ladies more than anyone else on TOL and I trust them. I'm only being myself dano and you don't like me. I'll learn to live with that.
    Yep, the old gals took you to school, and you came out at the top of the class. Now you're on your own, and doing great. Danoh hates to see anyone doing great....He thinks the glory should be all his, and his alone.

    Remind you of anyone? Satan had that same way of going.

    I know you have studied and continue to study to show yourself approved and I can't match that or come close. I'm lazy. Am I not a Christian because of that or because I voted Trump?
    He has only shown himself approved in his own eyes. "Head knowledge" people have no heart, as you can tell by listening to this know it all, swelled headed, divisive, Pretender, who calls himself Danoh.

    I'll tell you this, PJ, he is seeking to see if he may devour you. His goal is to drag you down and strip you of your assurance. Simply tell him that he MAY NOT, and go on to more profitable things.

    You are far from lazy, and you listen. You are far and above Danoh in both those regards.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 25th, 2017)

  10. #37
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,163
    Thanks
    13,079
    Thanked 14,329 Times in 11,399 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147801
    EOT
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  11. #38
    STAND UP Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    43,142
    Thanks
    131,276
    Thanked 38,653 Times in 24,019 Posts

    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148080
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I don't view those people you mentioned all in the same light as to the issue I am addressing.
    Yes you have.

    And my issue has never been so much with differences in Mid-Acts interpretations.
    Your issue has has a whole lot to do with the differences in MAD.
    You trying to reduce all your many many many many objections directed at others as if it has nothing to do with those differences is comical, at best.

    Rather, with the duplicity of some in their "grace" towards anyone they conclude anathema.
    You do the same.
    You have indeed told GM he is not saved.

    And in their obvious failure to look at their own words and actions objectively.
    You are the one that fails to look at your own words and actions.

    I have noted all this before, and more than once.
    A million times.

    you read into
    The irony.

    Your conclusion is your result.
    The irony.

    But you were too busy mocking my post
    The irony.

    Which, he also took wrong...
    The irony.

    Fact of the matter is that Rom. 5:8 is my conscious
    I don't any in that list that don't hold to Rom 5:8.

    God Bless America

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 27th, 2017),patrick jane (October 28th, 2017)

  13. #39
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,349
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 2,417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1100283
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Yes you have.

    Your issue has has a whole lot to do with the differences in MAD.
    You trying to reduce all your many many many many objections directed at others as if it has nothing to do with those differences is comical, at best.

    You do the same.
    You have indeed told GM he is not saved.

    You are the one that fails to look at your own words and actions.

    A million times.

    The irony.

    The irony.

    The irony.

    The irony.

    I don't any in that list that don't hold to Rom 5:8.
    I'll tell ya something Tam...

    I just might receive an infraction for speaking my mind in this post.

    I am growing used to that double-standard also.

    Just as I know I am speaking from Scripture on this that I am about to go into, once more at the wind.

    Where the real issue here is concerned, you are delusional.

    You always have been.

    Thus, why you are a Trump supporter.

    So leave it to you to twist my words to where they fit your self-delusion.

    What was the first thing I began to stand out against, when I first signed up on TOL?

    You and GD more than anyone know what that was.

    Jerry's persistent foul sense of fair play towards you and yours.

    Especially towards you and GD.

    And you well know that when I later began to lament that I'd found that of such were some of you also; you yourself agreed with me, for a time.

    You well know that you only turned against me because I continued to call them out on that.

    Because you allowed your misplaced sense of loyalty to "feelings" for your friendships on here, over "the truth."

    Talk about the irony in your latest signature, once more.

    And you grew in said misplaced loyalty, to where you are on all this now - as all out against calling both you and them out on this double-standard of yours towards anyone you conclude is not of your number, as the rest of you are.

    The record of this progression is all there, recorded over in the MAD Forum for anyone to read.

    Personally, my having found you out has remained a bittersweet moment.

    For it is not a good feeling to find that kind of thing in anyone, but especially in a Believer.

    There is no victory here. Anything but.

    And this issue is the same for each of you - it is the issue of each your distorted sense of betrayal - that one of your own has supposedly broken from you to call you out on your hypocrisy.

    Thing is, I was never one of your own, to begin with. Not in this.

    My wars with Jerry on each your behalf had been due to the fact that I never was one of your own in this duplicity of yours.

    Lol - before my so called break away from your club, you each sang your high praises about my posts

    You, GD, RD, JW, Musti, GM - every one of you.

    And what would my response often be?

    Either not much; or something about how that I did not care for the accolades.

    Not only because you and your pals are just like anyone else - proven sinners before God - but because I had long solved for the only accolades I care to put any trust in - the accolade that is Romans 5:8 - and we were all on the wrong side of that one, at one time.

    Thus, any merit, is not our own.

    And no, I do not see the likes of a Steko or an STP, or some others within MAD, in the same light I see some of you.

    Such tend to be "more noble" than your lot.

    Much more so.

    So, no, Tam, twist this how either your ignorance, or your obvious, Trump supporting self-deception needs you to; this is not about differences in understanding of things Mid-Acts.

    That is a different issue.

    In contrast, this issue - of each your double-standard - is one that matters.

    It is one the Apostle Paul himself was often calling out.

    Don't tell me you and yours "follow Paul" - I not only know my Bible on this and many other issues inside out and then some, but as good as any of you supposedly do; if not more so.

    1 Corinthians 2:15

    And Romans 5:8.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 28th, 2017)

  15. #40
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,731
    Thanks
    7,876
    Thanked 25,360 Times in 12,827 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147733
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I'll tell ya something Tam...

    I just might receive an infraction for speaking my mind in this post.

    Spoiler
    I am growing used to that double-standard also.

    Just as I know I am speaking from Scripture on this that I am about to go into, once more at the wind.

    Where the real issue here is concerned, you are delusional.

    You always have been.

    Thus, why you are a Trump supporter.

    So leave it to you to twist my words to where they fit your self-delusion.

    What was the first thing I began to stand out against, when I first signed up on TOL?

    You and GD more than anyone know what that was.

    Jerry's persistent foul sense of fair play towards you and yours.

    Especially towards you and GD.

    And you well know that when I later began to lament that I'd found that of such were some of you also; you yourself agreed with me, for a time.

    You well know that you only turned against me because I continued to call them out on that.

    Because you allowed your misplaced sense of loyalty to "feelings" for your friendships on here, over "the truth."

    Talk about the irony in your latest signature, once more.

    And you grew in said misplaced loyalty, to where you are on all this now - as all out against calling both you and them out on this double-standard of yours towards anyone you conclude is not of your number, as the rest of you are.

    The record of this progression is all there, recorded over in the MAD Forum for anyone to read.

    Personally, my having found you out has remained a bittersweet moment.

    For it is not a good feeling to find that kind of thing in anyone, but especially in a Believer.

    There is no victory here. Anything but.

    And this issue is the same for each of you - it is the issue of each your distorted sense of betrayal - that one of your own has supposedly broken from you to call you out on your hypocrisy.

    Thing is, I was never one of your own, to begin with. Not in this.

    My wars with Jerry on each your behalf had been due to the fact that I never was one of your own in this duplicity of yours.

    Lol - before my so called break away from your club, you each sang your high praises about my posts

    You, GD, RD, JW, Musti, GM - every one of you.

    And what would my response often be?

    Either not much; or something about how that I did not care for the accolades.

    Not only because you and your pals are just like anyone else - proven sinners before God - but because I had long solved for the only accolades I care to put any trust in - the accolade that is Romans 5:8 - and we were all on the wrong side of that one, at one time.

    Thus, any merit, is not our own.

    And no, I do not see the likes of a Steko or an STP, or some others within MAD, in the same light I see some of you.

    Such tend to be "more noble" than your lot.

    Much more so.

    So, no, Tam, twist this how either your ignorance, or your obvious, Trump supporting self-deception needs you to; this is not about differences in understanding of things Mid-Acts.

    That is a different issue.

    In contrast, this issue - of each your double-standard - is one that matters.

    It is one the Apostle Paul himself was often calling out.


    Don't tell me you and yours "follow Paul" - I not only know my Bible on this and many other issues inside out and then some, but as good as any of you supposedly do; if not more so.

    .
    Golly the PROUD are dropping like flies around here.


    Way to bring it into the light, Tam.

  16. #41
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,349
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 2,417 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1100283
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I see myself getting caught up in the world, the flesh, as I have told a couple people here. .

    Matthew 7:5 KJV -
    Just read and read and read Romans 5-8 until you have memorized its intended, overall sense.

    Then, whenever you find yourself having allowed yourself to get caught up in the world, the thing to do is not merely feel bad (which is often the guilt prone legalism of the flesh, and is just as "worldly"), but to allow instead "Godly sorrow" to "work...repentance" (a change of mind) "not to be repented of" (free of the guilt your flesh will trap you into).

    You just stop, reflect on Romans 6, along the line of "this is NOT who I am in Christ - thank God, O thank God for the truth of Romans 5:8! This is why Christ died, and what He put away by His death, for me, in my stead!"

    To that, you might begin to add reflection on just who you are in Christ, according to the Scripture; like, say, the info in Col. 3.

    If you allow yourself to wallow in feelings of guilt; that is just as "worldly" as any other kind of a "fallen from grace" understanding.

    You're not lazy, bro.

    Your goals are simply impotent.

    They simply have no sense of why you would "want to study more.

    I knew a MAD once who had read the entire Bible many times, and yet, he was still overburdened with an overwhelming sense of guilt over one failure or another; as a result of how he had been brought up.

    I knew another MAD who was never able to shake herself loose of a persecution complex. Hers was chemical.

    Which makes it doubly difficult to deal with.

    Then again, all these issues are "chemical."

    For emotions are chemical.

    But the solution was the same in both cases - get in the Scripture and learn well your understanding of your having been "accepted in the Beloved."

    The solution is ever "spiritual."

    The cure for these issues is just to allow your curiosity for a solution to the above to begin to drive you to the Scripture for its feast of an answer to your seeming delemna.

    The rest will take care of itself.

    At least this is what Romans 5 asserts Romans 5:8 resulted in, for you.

  17. #42
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,205
    Thanks
    3,102
    Thanked 14,902 Times in 8,780 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147722
    My insurance is going up. I don't blame Trump, I blame the Republicans.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 27th, 2017),Tambora (October 28th, 2017)

  19. #43
    Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,205
    Thanks
    3,102
    Thanked 14,902 Times in 8,780 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147722
    Danoh, serious question. What is your chronological age?
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 28th, 2017)

  21. #44
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    17,731
    Thanks
    7,876
    Thanked 25,360 Times in 12,827 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147733
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    My insurance is going up. I don't blame Trump, I blame the Republicans.
    Yep, the swamp runs deep and wide.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 28th, 2017)

  23. #45
    STAND UP Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    43,142
    Thanks
    131,276
    Thanked 38,653 Times in 24,019 Posts

    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148080
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I'll tell ya something Tam...
    I'm gonna tell you something too.

    I just might receive an infraction for speaking my mind in this post.
    Getting kinda dramatic there, aren't ya.

    I am growing used to that double-standard also.
    Of course you are because everyone has a double standard, and everyone is a hypocrite.

    Just as I know I am speaking from Scripture on this that I am about to go into, once more at the wind.
    I know the feeling.

    Where the real issue here is concerned, you are delusional.
    Your double standard opinion doesn't hold much weight, as you have proved.

    You always have been.
    ROFL! Like you have always known me.

    Thus, why you are a Trump supporter.
    Good grief.

    So leave it to you to twist my words to where they fit your self-delusion.
    Well gee thanks, since you twist my words all the time.

    What was the first thing I began to stand out against, when I first signed up on TOL?
    Posted some opinions like everyone else.


    Jerry's persistent foul sense of fair play towards you and yours.
    The same persistent foul sense of play you use on others.

    You well know that you only turned against me because I continued to call them out on that.
    You really don't have a clue.

    Because you allowed your misplaced sense of loyalty to "feelings" for your friendships on here, over "the truth."
    You are delusional.


    And you grew in said misplaced loyalty, to where you are on all this now - as all out against calling both you and them out on this double-standard of yours towards anyone you conclude is not of your number, as the rest of you are.
    The irony.

    The record of this progression is all there, recorded over in the MAD Forum for anyone to read.
    Yes, all your bitterness, along with your bragging, is there to see.

    Personally, my having found you out has remained a bittersweet moment.
    What you have found is your own imagination.

    For it is not a good feeling to find that kind of thing in anyone, but especially in a Believer.
    Look in the mirror.

    There is no victory here. Anything but.
    I have not claimed victory, have you?

    And this issue is the same for each of you - it is the issue of each your distorted sense of betrayal - that one of your own has supposedly broken from you to call you out on your hypocrisy.

    Thing is, I was never one of your own, to begin with. Not in this.
    It's easy to see why there are so many here that don't feel a connection to you.
    Easy for everyone but you.
    You remain blinded about it.

    My wars with Jerry on each your behalf had been due to the fact that I never was one of your own in this duplicity of yours.
    Your war on Jerry is the same war you have towards everyone ------ "I'm right and you're wrong".

    Lol - before my so called break away from your club, you each sang your high praises about my posts
    Well, lol right back at ya, cause you praised my posts too.

    And what would my response often be?
    hybrid, graceless, delusional, double standard, hypocrisy, etc.


    And no, I do not see the likes of a Steko or an STP, or some others within MAD, in the same light I see some of you.
    Trump supporters.

    Such tend to be "more noble" than your lot.
    Steko and STP are more noble than you too.


    So, no, Tam, twist this how either your ignorance, or your obvious, Trump supporting self-deception needs you to; this is not about differences in understanding of things Mid-Acts.
    As you said, it's all here for folks to read.
    We get to read every day how you are right and everyone else is wrong, on any issue.

    That is a different issue.
    All inclusive.

    In contrast, this issue - of each your double-standard - is one that matters.
    And your double standard as well.
    It's cute how you think you don't have a double standard.


    Don't tell me you and yours "follow Paul"
    I do.

    I not only know my Bible on this and many other issues inside out and then some, but as good as any of you supposedly do; if not more so.
    Me too.

    1 Corinthians 2:15

    And Romans 5:8.
    Right back at ya.


    Good day to you Mr. Pot.

    God Bless America

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    ClimateSanity (October 28th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us