User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: The Trump Supporter

  1. #16
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,175
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,172 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    351517
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    One does not have to ask for forgiveness of sins.
    Belief in Christ automatically clears every sin you have and will commit. (ie. there is no sin of yours the cross has not dealt with)
    Asking for something you already have is kinda pointless.


    An interesting "spin" on Christianity but how does "Tambora" reconcile it with 1 John 1:10?

    If one tries to make very few mistakes, and self-corrects those that he makes, as Trump states in the video, what would be the need to accept Christ as his Saviour - how can he be saved from sin if he already considers himself to be free from sin?
    Last edited by jgarden; October 25th, 2017 at 01:13 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 25th, 2017)

  3. #17
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,522
    Thanks
    160,691
    Thanked 46,912 Times in 28,969 Posts

    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148176
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post


    An interesting "spin" on Christianity but how does "Tambora" reconcile it with 1 John 1:10?

    If one tries to make very few mistakes, and self-corrects those that he makes, as Trump states in the video, why would he believe in Christ as his Saviour - saving him from sins that he doesn't commit?
    If Trump has accepted Christ, then Trump is in Christ., and all his sins (past present future) are completely absolved and Christ's righteousness becomes his righteousness.
    It is the righteousness and obedience of Christ, not Trump, that saves Trump. Rom 5:18-19

    So if all Trump has already been cleared of all sins, what is it he needs to ask forgiveness for?

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 24th, 2017)

  5. #18
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,175
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,172 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    351517
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    If Trump has accepted Christ, then Trump is in Christ., and all his sins (past present future) are completely absolved and Christ's righteousness becomes his righteousness.
    It is the righteousness and obedience of Christ, not Trump, that saves Trump. Rom 5:18-19

    So if all Trump has already been cleared of all sins, what is it he needs to ask forgiveness for?



    Matthew 1:21 - She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins.”


    Believing that Christ was an historical figure doesn't make one a Christian!

    Christ was sent into the world to save people from their sins - but unless Trump admits that he is a sinner, there can be no salvation!

    By refusing to admit that he is a sinner, Donald Trump has elevated himself to God-like status!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 25th, 2017)

  7. #19
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    51,522
    Thanks
    160,691
    Thanked 46,912 Times in 28,969 Posts

    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148176
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post

    Believing that Christ was an historical figure doesn't make one a Christian!
    I wasn't talking about just believing He existed, and you know it.
    Take your silly bait questions elsewhere.

    We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 24th, 2017)

  9. #20
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,175
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,172 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    351517


    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    I wasn't talking about just believing He existed, and you know it.
    Take your silly bait questions elsewhere.
    You can't accept Christ as your personal Saviour if you're not prepared to admit that you have sins to be saved from!
    Last edited by jgarden; October 25th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 25th, 2017)

  11. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    I wasn't talking about just believing He existed, and you know it.
    Take your silly bait questions elsewhere.
    I think jgarbage is 13 or so. His profile and slogan/motto say it all. Pinko Commie He gets his news from cartoons.

  12. #22
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13,080
    Thanks
    19,394
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,630 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147749
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horn View Post
    Is Donald Trump religious ? Absolutely .
    I guess it would depend on how one defines "religious". He is the current spokesperson for the religious right and the face of the *moral majority" by virtue of the zealous defense and support he receives.. Definitely someone to hold up as an example to the young ones ...
    Don't let the pettiness of life prevent you from enjoying God's plenty. ― Bernard Kelvin Clive

  13. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I guess it would depend on how one defines "religious". He is the current face of the *moral majority" and the spokesperson for Christianity.
    How's that Putin and the demonrats doin'?

  14. #24
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,175
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,172 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    351517


    Just how many of their core beliefs are conservative Christians who support Trump willing to compromise in order to accommodate a President who has already stated publically that he sees no need to ask God's forgiveness from sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I think jgarbage is 13 or so. His profile and slogan/motto say it all. Pinko Commie He gets his news from cartoons.
    More personal attacks from "patrick jane" - time to turn the other cheek!
    Last edited by jgarden; October 28th, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

  15. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    The focus of the Trump haters now seems to be shaming Trump supporters with scripture and politicizing the saving work on the Cross of Jesus Christ. They are basically telling all Trump supporters that we are deplorable again. Didn't they try that already?

  16. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post





    More personal attacks from "patrick jane" - time to turn the other cheek!
    You are attacking character and Christian Trump supporters, that's personal.

  17. #27
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,407
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,817 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1248018
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post




    How do these "good God fearing Christians" reconcile their support of a President who, in his own words, fails to see the need to ask God's forgiveness from sin!

    1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

    Based on that admission alone, Donald Trump has in effect called Christ a "liar" and that God's Word is not us!
    My understanding of that passage is that John was addressing the exact same heart attitude unbelieving Israelites of his day, were exhibiting that that massive fraud now in the White House has always exhibited.

    Trump is clearly as cornered within his obvious self-deluded hypocrisy as the following...

    The following is more by John on the heart attitude he was addressing...

    John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 5:41 I receive not honour from men. 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

    Donald Trump to a "T."

    John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

    Again, Donald Trump to a "T."

    And I have noted elsewhere that when a Trump supporter is referred to as such, they right away conclude one is referring to Trump.

    That the actual fact of the matter is that Trump is only the latest face for the actual, above described heart attitude of such.

    So, no surprise those of their kind on here right away make with the deflection of your actual point.

    Such is the way of such ever grace-less "gospel of grace" hypocrites within the full spectrum of Trump's ever self-deluded base.

    Talk about sinking to a new low - using the differences between Law and Grace to excuse the obvious in their false idol, once more.

    To your post, jgarden, I say...

    Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

    Romans 5:8.

  18. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,407
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,817 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1248018
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    You are attacking character and Christian Trump supporters, that's personal.
    One; there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    For the ever thin-skinned Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters in their same duplicity, yes; there is a personal.

    But not for the Believer.

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

    Two - "Trump supporter" = no character.

    Period.

    The two go hand in hand.

    Just as your thread in ECT on The Eucharist (or the Lord's Supper- which most of your would be "MAD" pals on here do not even hold to) was nevertheless obviously a fraud, on your part.

    In that thread, you quoted the passage...

    1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

    Well, guess what, pj - those last nine words there, are describing this heart attitude...

    Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

    The irony - that the exact same pettiness your false idol in the White House is ever willfully setting off, continuing in, setting off again, was the very issue 1 Corinthians was addressing...

    1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

    Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters are clearly of the following number...

    Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

    You and yours will not be forcing this Believer into your ever glorying in your false idol's ever glorying in his shame.

    No thanks.

    We'll suffer the persecution of wanting no part in the Trump charade - gladly.

    Again, there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

    Where?

    In - the - Lord.

    Because there is only the truth of...

    Rom. 5:8.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 25th, 2017)

  20. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,403
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,577 Times in 13,017 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    One; there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    For the ever thin-skinned Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters in their same duplicity, yes; there is a personal.

    But not for the Believer.

    2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

    Two - "Trump supporter" = no character.

    Period.

    The two go hand in hand.

    Just as your thread in ECT on The Eucharist (or the Lord's Supper- which most of your would be "MAD" pals on here do not even hold to) was nevertheless obviously a fraud, on your part.

    In that thread, you quoted the passage...

    1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

    Well, guess what, pj - those last nine words there, are describing this heart attitude...

    Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

    The irony - that the exact same pettiness your false idol in the White House is ever willfully setting off, continuing in, setting off again, was the very issue 1 Corinthians was addressing...

    1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

    Trump and his supposed "Religious Right" supporters are clearly of the following number...

    Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

    You and yours will not be forcing this Believer into your ever glorying in your false idol's ever glorying in his shame.

    No thanks.

    We'll suffer the persecution of wanting no part in the Trump charade - gladly.

    Again, there is no "personal" for the Believer.

    1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

    Where?

    In - the - Lord.

    Because there is only the truth of...

    Rom. 5:8.
    dano buddy, I read the first few lines but I don't read your attempts to shame Trump supporting Christians with scripture. He claimed personal attack by me and he attacks Christians like you do. As far as I'm concerned it's personal.
    Last edited by patrick jane; October 25th, 2017 at 06:35 PM.

  21. #30
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    15,407
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,817 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1248018
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    dano buddy, I read the first few lines but I don't read your attempts to shame Trump supporting Christians with scripture. He claimed personal attack by me and he attacks Christians like you do. As far as I'm concerned it's personal.
    Here - just for your short attention span, PJ*

    Grow up...

    "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." 2 Cor. 5:16.

    Rom. 5:8.

    ______

    * As with their false idol, Trump supporters won't read a thing unless it is very short, and...mentions their name

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 28th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us