Thread: Boy Scouts Announce They Will Accept Girls

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of hpoey

Sent from my F8331 using TOL mobile app
    "...It is folly it is madness to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children." -- Bishop Frank Weston, 1923 Anglo-Catholic Congress

Father Ray McIntyre
    Anglican Church International

Thanks
    Thanked 3,693 Times in 2,184 Posts

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    They need to accept Boys. It's only natural ....correct?
    What I didn't quite get, is they are going to belong to their own packs, such that to me, it 'seems' like 'girl scouts' yet. The idea was to help parent be able to get their kids to scouts without having to drive twice in a week and also to allow girls to be a part of the Eagle Scouts with the boys at such a time. Anyway, if they are going to be separate until Eagle Scouts, it seemed redundant to me.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (October 11th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,741 Times in 11,679 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What I didn't quite get, is they are going to belong to their own packs, such that to me, it 'seems' like 'girl scouts' yet. The idea was to help parent be able to get their kids to scouts without having to drive twice in a week and also to allow girls to be a part of the Eagle Scouts with the boys at such a time. Anyway, if they are going to be separate until Eagle Scouts, it seemed redundant to me.
    That might be the basis of the report I heard of the Girl Scouts not being happy about the change. They allegedly claim that the Boy Scouts are in "trouble" financially and that's what prompted them to change.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

5. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Lon (October 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Perhaps, the important distinction lies in a child becoming merely a "Scout" rather than with the superfluous gender designations.
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

7. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

Town Heretic (October 12th, 2017)

Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,004 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps, the important distinction lies in a child becoming merely a "Scout" rather than with the superfluous gender designations.
    If I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her sleeping in tents with boys.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

jsanford108 (October 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    If I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her sleeping in tents with boys.
    Is it okay if they build fires together; practice making knots, walking old ladies across the street in scouting unison or does that cross taboo lines for you as well?
    _/\_

Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably. The roles were distinct (still are to some degree) such that 'scouts' might need to be rethought. It used to be scouts were mainly involved in 'outdoor' activity and education. I am a bit surprised the # of those enjoying the outdoors is going up. My aunt was a MUCH better scout leader than my actual scout leader. In scouts, I never went camping, never made it to the woods. It might as well have been a 'study the book for badges in the future' troop Most people I talk to had quite a different experience than mine :Z

For me, I'm not seeing this so much as a 'gender' issue and change, but a cultural change demographic.

I was equally, not surprised to see that most people who enjoy our national parks, are white. It seems perhaps the YMCA YWCA for city kids, scouts for suburb, FFA for rural, which all still makes sense to me. As rural shrinks, so does the FFA (Future Farmers of America) and scouts.

For the most part, I'm for anything that helps kids discover their interests and talents, therefore any similar/same interests (like the Arts for instance) that does coed works. I'd still think women do the majority of the cooking in America, so I don't see Girl Scouts disappearing in the near future, nor would I expect many girls wanting to go into Boy Scouts (Maybe the Sea Scouts though ).

Some other activities taking up slack: Skate Parks, Riding Clubs, Arts/drama, Computer camps, Homework. We know kids are spending more time texting and doing YouTube. My nephew posted this and I think it kind of sums up the youth: "I went outside once, the pixels were terrible!"

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,004 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it okay if they build fires together; practice making knots, walking old ladies across the street in scouting unison or does that cross taboo lines for you as well?
    Sure, that's not taboo.

But I do think there's value in having an institution specifically dedicated to the social development of boys.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 17th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 822 Posts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22366678_10155865381570972_4615690927025257145_n.jpg
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

Thanks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This one gave me pause to think:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Walsh
    A quick note on the Boy Scouts deciding to remove any remaining reason for their own existence by admitting girls.
    Many people have told me that this is good a...nd fair because the Boy Scouts offers the opportunity to do things that girls can't do in Girl Scouts. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's completely irrelevant.
    Here's a crazy idea: maybe not everything in society needs to be centered around giving opportunities to girls. Maybe not everything is about girls always. Maybe some things are about boys and for boys. Or used to be, anyway. It's OK for boys to have their own spaces. It's OK for boys to do their own thing sometimes. Or it used to be, anyway.
    Boy Scouts are supposed to be for boys. That's the whole point. It's right in the name of the organization. Boy Scouts were meant to help boys become men. Girls don't need help becoming men because they're girls.
    This may be a scandalous notion for feminists, but guess what? Sometimes boys like to just be around other boys and have the kind of male bonding that is simply not possible if girls are forced into the mix. And this bonding is important. It's essential to the healthy formation of boys.
    I know there are girl who like to say, "I'm just one of the guys, really." But you're not. You're not one of the guys anymore than I'm one of the girls. Maybe you like camping and sports and whatever else, but that doesn't make you a boy, nor does it entitle you to intrude into every single male space or male gathering.
    And we wonder why our boys are struggling so much. They're growing up with the impression that there's nothing special or unique about boyhood, and their desire to just be with the guys sometimes is wrong and bigoted. They're made to hate themselves and forced to bond with girls in a way that's unnatural and unfulfilling, pretending that they see the girls just as they see other boys. It's confusing, degrading, and unfair.
    Meanwhile, girls can still have their own spaces. Except for the locker room. Boys can go there. Because nothing makes sense in our ridiculous culture. Matt Walsh
    October 11 at 1:46pm
    Reminds me of a couple of episodes of the Brady Bunch

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 17th, 2017)

Over 6000 post club genuineoriginal's Avatar
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Boy Scouts Announce They Will Accept Girls
    When are the Boy Scouts planning to announce that they are changing their name to the LGBTQ Scouts?
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 17th, 2017),patrick jane (October 16th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,741 Times in 11,679 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    When are the Boy Scouts planning to announce that they are changing their name to the LGBTQ Scouts?
    Traditions seem to be out the window these days.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (October 17th, 2017),glorydaz (October 17th, 2017),Tambora (October 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    And how about allowing adults that "feel" like they're still kids?

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 17th, 2017),Tambora (October 18th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Girl Scouts are upset about the announcement

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-scout-n809836
    Another nice way to feminize boys, no wonder liberal women are so angry, their men are weenies.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

glassjester (October 18th, 2017),glorydaz (October 17th, 2017),patrick jane (October 17th, 2017),Tambora (October 18th, 2017)

Thread Information